PDA

View Full Version : Have We Already Done This?

KG4CGC
01-23-2012, 05:51 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ham_Island

W5GA
01-23-2012, 05:54 PM
We should sue them for trademark infringement.

K7SGJ
01-23-2012, 06:11 PM
After they are in the log.

WØTKX
01-23-2012, 06:39 PM
I brought it up a long time IIRC, methinks. Certainly noticed it for obvious reasons.

How about a Ham Sandwich Island?

W4RLR
01-23-2012, 07:07 PM
Better yet, write a wiki article about The Island of Misfit Hams. Given the go ahead by the high mucky mucks of the Island, I can do so. I edit Wikipedia articles.

NA4BH
01-23-2012, 07:08 PM
Better yet, write a wiki article about The Island of Misfit Hams. Given the go ahead by the high mucky mucks of the Island, I can do so. I edit Wikipedia articles.

I second your nomination.

kf0rt
01-23-2012, 07:21 PM
I brought it up a long time IIRC, methinks. Certainly noticed it for obvious reasons.

How about a Ham Sandwich Island?

Isn't,t that the next Andriod version??

N7RJD
01-23-2012, 08:09 PM
Isn't,t that the next Andriod version??

That would be a ham and ice cream sandwich island.

NQ6U
01-23-2012, 10:19 PM
Now we know where to head for the first IOMH DXpedition.

W5GA
01-23-2012, 10:58 PM
Now we know where to head for the first IOMH DXpedition.
I can see us all now, sitting around a campfire, someone on a rig somewhere. And chatting with each other on our laptops!

KG4CGC
01-23-2012, 11:06 PM
I can see us all now, sitting around a campfire, someone on a rig somewhere. And chatting with each other on our laptops!
Smoking Cuban cigars and drinking English ale.
Oops! Scratch that. American citizen are not allowed to smoke Cuban cigars no matter where on the planet they are.
True story.

W4RLR
01-23-2012, 11:50 PM
Oops! Scratch that. American citizen are not allowed to smoke Cuban cigars no matter where on the planet they are.
True story. Now that I am retired and cannot be subjected to the Uniform Code of Military Justice unless I am recalled to active duty, I say screw that prohibition. What I do on an island outside the jurisdiction of Uncle Sam is nobody's business but my own. I've had about enough of the heavy hand of government putting its hands on everything, including my family jewels when I go to the airport.

kb2vxa
01-23-2012, 11:58 PM
As Jim The Mask Carey said; try and STOP me!

Methinks the subject has come up before but I should remind you that if we have a DXpedition we should set up upwind of the sewage treatment plant aka the shit factory. It's known locally as Three Men In A Boat but we can refer to it as Little Boy In The Boat just to see what those stiff upper lipped English make of it. Now that would make an interesting picture QSL card...

VE7DCW
01-24-2012, 01:07 AM
True story.

No problem in smoking them in Canada easily available ...... recommended by visiting U.S. navy personnel on shore leave anytime!..... :yes:

W5GA
01-24-2012, 01:28 AM
oooooooooooooooh! I want! Never saw them in Esquimalt.

VE7DCW
01-24-2012, 12:22 PM
oooooooooooooooh! I want! Never saw them in Esquimalt.

There's nothing to find Esquimalt ......... I know..... I used to live on the outskirts.

You have to make your way a couple of miles to downtown Victoria ...... Old Morris Tobacconist on Government street
http://www.oldmorris.com/

Supposedly the best outfit in the city .........

I'm not a smoker .....but I know a good many who are and they all say it's the place to go! :yes:

W5GA
01-24-2012, 02:34 PM
There's nothing to find Esquimalt ......... I know..... I used to live on the outskirts.

You have to make your way a couple of miles to downtown Victoria ...... Old Morris Tobacconist on Government street
http://www.oldmorris.com/

Supposedly the best outfit in the city .........

I'm not a smoker .....but I know a good many who are and they all say it's the place to go! :yes:
I remember seeing them on one of my trips to Victoria. Great city, that!

KG4CGC
01-24-2012, 03:11 PM
No problem in smoking them in Canada easily available ...... recommended by visiting U.S. navy personnel on shore leave anytime!..... :yes:

That's fine for you. You're Canadian. Here in the US, it's Gattaca wherever we go.