PDA

View Full Version : Recipe - Pepper Sandwich

n2ize
01-17-2012, 07:50 PM
Here's a mega favorite of mine. Eat this and your eatin Radio-IZE (Pepe' the Pepper Eater) style. Start with a roll cut in half, Italian bread, club rolls, 2 sliced white bread , brown bread, etc. Slice up hot cherry peppers, hot jalapeno's or hot chili's,. into the bread. Add a couple slices of mozzarella cheddar, or good ol' American cheese. Put the other slice of bread or roll on top and nuke that bad boy in the Microwave for 50 sec - 1 min. Serve with hot bean soup with hot pepper sauce added to spice it up. Enjoy...

KB3LAZ
01-17-2012, 07:55 PM
Im rear would not appreciate that but my taste buds would.

KC9ECI
01-17-2012, 08:15 PM
Sounds good but you better have a snowcone on standby to wipe with.

KC2UGV
01-17-2012, 08:16 PM
Too much kick for me... Do a 1/3 Chiles, 1/3 Banana Peppers, and 1/3 sweets; with mozza, and chipotle on top.

I know, not the Radio-IZE version, but one my gut can tolerate :)

WØTKX
01-17-2012, 08:18 PM
Too Nuucleer for me. ;)

KG4CGC
01-17-2012, 08:24 PM
You left out freshly sliced garlic. But you're still O-K.

K7SGJ
01-17-2012, 08:26 PM
I made one following your recipe. Then, I threw it in the toliet. Saved me the agony of running it through. Hope it didn't kill off the good bacteria in the septic tank.

NA4BH
01-17-2012, 08:28 PM
I made one following your recipe. Then, I threw it in the toliet. Saved me the agony of running it through. Hope it didn't kill off the good bacteria in the septic tank.

Great sig line

NQ6U
01-18-2012, 02:31 AM
Meh, too bland. I had to put some Huy Fung chili garlic sauce on the thing to perk it up a bit.

http://www.hotsauce.com/v/vspfiles/photos/1222FC-2T.jpg

KB3LAZ
01-18-2012, 02:38 AM
Too much kick for me... Do a 1/3 Chiles, 1/3 Banana Peppers, and 1/3 sweets; with mozza, and chipotle on top.

I know, not the Radio-IZE version, but one my gut can tolerate :)

That sounds good.

KB3LAZ
01-18-2012, 02:39 AM
Meh, too bland. I had to put some Huy Fung chili garlic sauce on the thing to perk it up a bit.

I make relish and pepper butter. Chili garlic sauce seems like a new challenge.

KC2UGV
01-18-2012, 07:51 AM

I'm not a fan of the garlic sauce, but the squeeze-bottle cock sauce is phenomenal. Can turn a bowl of ramen into a delectable treat (With some cabbage, and dumplings added).

w3bny
01-18-2012, 01:35 PM
Heres my favorite pepper sandwich recipe from Javier "El Chingon" Jimenez.

Take a corn tortilla. warm it up. Put 4 fresh sliced serrano peppers. A squeeze of lime, pinch of salt. There you go! One "El Chingon" pepper sandwich ala Mexicano. You may wish to change underwear or have a bottle of hornitos handy or both..

I'm not a fan of the garlic sauce, but the squeeze-bottle cock sauce is phenomenal....<needle dragging over record sound>

The WHAT sauce?!?!? :wtf: I didnt know we were calling "man chowdah" that nowadays. :evil:

on edit

I guess it does come (haahh) in a handy squeeze bottle after all.

kb2vxa
01-18-2012, 05:54 PM
One picture is worth a thousand words.

n2ize
01-18-2012, 07:17 PM
I find that eating hot peppers they do burn on the way in. But, on the way out very rarely. Nor do they generally cause the gastric upset often associated with hot foods. Case and point, Indian/Pakistani restaurants are a favorite of mine. Chicken or lamb or vegetable vindaloo extra hot would give me a head rush while I was eating it. damned stuff was hot but extremely tasty. Rarely ever would I suffer gastric discomfort. But, sometimes I would eat bland foods and end up belching and blarping through the day. Go figure.

KB3LAZ
01-26-2012, 04:27 AM
I find that eating hot peppers they do burn on the way in. But, on the way out very rarely. Nor do they generally cause the gastric upset often associated with hot foods. Case and point, Indian/Pakistani restaurants are a favorite of mine. Chicken or lamb or vegetable vindaloo extra hot would give me a head rush while I was eating it. damned stuff was hot but extremely tasty. Rarely ever would I suffer gastric discomfort. But, sometimes I would eat bland foods and end up belching and blarping through the day. Go figure.

I get indigestion from everything.

kb1qkq
01-28-2012, 11:44 AM
I don't have much problem with peppers either. Habaneros can be testy though and I am going to grow ghost peppers this spring both for sauces. I eat serranos like candy. Sirracha is great sauce, haven't tried the garlic one. I have all kinds peppers dried on strings hanging in the kitchen, also some frozen and some pickled.

For hot bean soup I make a "frioles charros" which in Mexico is a popular offering with any meal. If it makes me sneeze while cooking, heat is right. 10 red chillies, several ancho and poblano, 5-6 serranos, bacon, beans, onion and green onion, tomatoe, water, couple bullion any flavor, need salt and coarse sea is best, and chopped fresh if possible cilantro/corriander. Make about 3 qts. Mmmmm, so good and a nice warm feeling. Little shredded cheese on top, dollop sour cream.

Nice hot pepper sandwich OP, love pepper/onion and sausage on a hardroll too and some heat to peppers is good.
I like the corn tortilla and peppers idea. Also make my own tortillas with maseca and water. Chillie rellanos. Damn, getting hungry!

KC2UGV
01-28-2012, 12:17 PM
The WHAT sauce?!?!? :wtf: I didnt know we were calling "man chowdah" that nowadays. :evil:

That's what the whole family calls Siracha, because it has a cock on the bottle :) It also draws laughs, and in your case, record needle scratches.

KC2UGV
02-06-2012, 11:10 AM
BIG Difference between the Siracha Garlic and Chili sauce... The Garlic sauce imparts much more flavor, and not as much kick. Akin to spicy Kimchi, rather than the chili sauce, which IMO, is pure heat.

I highly recommend the Siracha Garlic sauce :) The other garlic sauce I tried (Which I thought the same) was no comparison.

K7SGJ
02-06-2012, 03:42 PM
I get indigestion from everything.

Even Maalox?

ki4itv
02-06-2012, 04:37 PM
I'm not a fan of the garlic sauce, but the squeeze-bottle cock sauce is phenomenal. Can turn a bowl of ramen into a delectable treat (With some cabbage, and dumplings added).

^^^THIS!
The Sriracha is my "walkin around ketchup". good chit man.

N2RJ
02-06-2012, 09:01 PM
I've made many "pepper sandwiches" in my lifetime. I love them.

GREAT for cleaning out the system!!! Really, it drives the sweat from your pores and literally flushes the crap out of your system.

Be warned though, it takes years of conditioning your stomach to eat what I do. I have a whole habanero with nearly every meal. I've had hotter peppers including one we call "7 pot", and one day I would like to try the Trinidad Scorpion.

n2ize
02-07-2012, 10:48 AM
I've made many "pepper sandwiches" in my lifetime. I love them.

GREAT for cleaning out the system!!! Really, it drives the sweat from your pores and literally flushes the crap out of your system.

Be warned though, it takes years of conditioning your stomach to eat what I do. I have a whole habanero with nearly every meal. I've had hotter peppers including one we call "7 pot", and one day I would like to try the Trinidad Scorpion.

Sounds great... I have eaten whole habanero's and I love them. I used to grow them out back and they were extremely hot and very flavorfull too.. I find they also sort of grow on you, the more you eat them the more you want them. But yes, I agree, it does take some time to get used to. I think I have heard of the "7 pot" but I never heard of the "Trinidad Scorpion". Would like to try those one day.

In addition to eating them straight or in sandwiches I also like to add them to salads and even some soups. I also use them in cooking, making chili's, sauces etc.

I also agree with you 100%. Peppers are a healthy food. My Grandfather used to swear but hot peppers as a way to not only prevent but to help cure colds, flu's , etc.

N2RJ
02-07-2012, 07:33 PM
The Scorpion overtook the Bhut Jolokia as the world's hottest pepper on the Scoville scale. I was taken aback when I learned that the world's hottest pepper is from Trinidad.

My dad refuses to give me more 7 pot. He thinks it will permanently damage my stomach. But he grows it himself. It's powerfull stuff. The skin is all wrinkly and just smelling it irritates your nose bad.

n2ize
02-08-2012, 02:39 PM
The Scorpion overtook the Bhut Jolokia as the world's hottest pepper on the Scoville scale. I was taken aback when I learned that the world's hottest pepper is from Trinidad.

My dad refuses to give me more 7 pot. He thinks it will permanently damage my stomach. But he grows it himself. It's powerfull stuff. The skin is all wrinkly and just smelling it irritates your nose bad.

Wow... that's not a pepper it's a weapon !! :) I am pretty used to hot peppers but I would proceed with caution around that kind of pepper. I'd like to try and grow it but I am not sure how well it would grow around here. The climate might not be right.

kf0rt
02-09-2012, 03:32 PM
(Strong language)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TauTy9iVmWE

N2RJ
02-09-2012, 06:00 PM
Wow... that's not a pepper it's a weapon !! :) I am pretty used to hot peppers but I would proceed with caution around that kind of pepper. I'd like to try and grow it but I am not sure how well it would grow around here. The climate might not be right.

Usually we grow peppers outside in the summer and bring the pots inside in the winter. Some don't fare so well though.