PDA

View Full Version : hamsmtnchic

hamsmtnchic
01-16-2012, 08:50 PM
My ham finally got the courage to bring into my home sometype of device that has all kinds of buttons and some knobs after a brief explanation hammtnchicis utterly confused and mildly curious as to what is going to be next. Oh yeah the antenna of course. I am amused. This is his hobby and he is sure it will makerun away screaming. The verdict is still out as to what this hobby may inflict upon my sanity. LOL I expect this to be an experience and my granddaughters are surely going to be interested so you may very well hear my little darlings on the airwaves. As to whether I will be heard is to bedetermined.

hamsmtnchic
01-16-2012, 08:54 PM
the above title should be hamsmtnchic

KG4CGC
01-16-2012, 08:54 PM
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c79/bebop5/drinks/6f9d01f0.jpg

W2NAP
01-16-2012, 09:04 PM
your 5/9 indiana qsl?

hamsmtnchic
01-16-2012, 09:14 PM
Nope

ab1ga
01-16-2012, 09:32 PM
He will spend time with the box.
He will spend more time with the box.
He will begin to say funny words and phrases, some with numbers in them.
He will change his schedule to odd hours.
He will begin to smell bad.
The room the box is in will smell bad.
Your pets will spend more time in the room with the box because it is warm there.
Your neighbors will begin to hate you.
He will start calling you the XYL, and your children the harmonics.
He will call your grandchildren "third order IM products".
He will love the box.
The box will own his soul.

You need something called a "Louisville Slugger".
If you can't find a Louisville Slugger, find a divorce lawyer.
Any divorce lawyer will do, the case will be a slam dunk.
Then you can go on cruises with the ex-wives of other hams and have some real fun.

Don't take anything I've written seriously, it's just a joke. Just ask my wife. When she gets back from her cruise.

N2CHX
01-16-2012, 10:22 PM
.-- - ..-. ..--..

w3bny
01-16-2012, 10:46 PM
Myah Myah?

WØTKX
01-16-2012, 11:14 PM
:lol:

My YL doesn't know about warm boxes with glowing tubes. Yet. ;)

http://youtu.be/SVlM081v0VA

KG4CGC
01-16-2012, 11:26 PM
My YL doesn't know about warm boxes with glowing tubes. Yet.
When is it appropriate to tell a woman that you're a ham?

WØTKX
01-16-2012, 11:29 PM
I warned her that ham radio is even nerdier than model railroading. Didn't scare her off.

Whew. :bbh:

KG4CGC
01-16-2012, 11:32 PM
There is a thread over at The Zed about when to tell a woman that you are dating that you are a ham. I believe it was started by W6IRE. He must have asked that his callsign be removed from the Zed's database.

WØTKX
01-16-2012, 11:34 PM
HA!

So, tell me how your XYL deals with radio nerdiness... Heheheh.

KG4CGC
01-17-2012, 12:14 AM
HA!

So, tell me how your XYL deals with radio nerdiness... Heheheh.
Her dad had some nerdy hobbies. Tropical fish being just one of them.

KB3LAZ
01-17-2012, 01:49 AM
Her dad had some nerdy hobbies. Tropical fish being just one of them.

Fish are nerdy? Hum, Im more nerdy than I thought.

NQ6U
01-17-2012, 02:36 AM
She said knobs. That would have gotten her banned on QRZ.

N8YX
01-17-2012, 03:59 AM
There is a thread over at The Zed about when to tell a woman that you are dating that you are a ham. I believe it was started by W6IRE. He must have asked that his callsign be removed from the Zed's database.

She said knobs. That would have gotten her banned on QRZ.

Yes, and hell yes. :lol:

KC2UGV
01-17-2012, 07:24 AM
Well, you wont have to worry about your ham spending all night out drinking (He'll most likely do it at home, while on the air); and expect funny noises from your TV and speakers.

N2CHX
01-17-2012, 07:40 AM
Ah, read this again this morning while sober and it makes more sense. Know how I deal with it? I don't go on the air, I just post here with these nutjobs. :snicker:

N8YX
01-17-2012, 07:52 AM
Ah, read this again this morning while sober and it makes more sense. Know how I deal with it? I don't go on the air, I just post here with these nutjobs. :snicker:
'DSG wishes you would rectify that and get a station put together whereas you ladies can chat. I keep getting bugged about it...

WØTKX
01-17-2012, 08:01 AM
Well, you wont have to worry about your ham spending all night out drinking (He'll most likely do it at home, while on the air); and expect funny noises from your TV and speakers.

Heh. We don't drink. The world is trippy enough without enhancements.
Been about three years for me, and twice that for her. :-D

Why yes... she did mention knobs. :snicker:

kf0rt
01-17-2012, 08:19 AM
Heh. We don't drink.

I knew there was something odd about you. :yes: :lol:

N8YX
01-17-2012, 08:50 AM
I must be the odd one when it comes to drinking:

I can get positively shit-faced...or have just one...and the fact there's beer in the fridge completely escapes my mind come the next day.

'DSG has to remind me of the fact. Usually I head for coffee, tea, water and milk long before booze.

N2CHX
01-17-2012, 09:09 AM
'DSG wishes you would rectify that and get a station put together whereas you ladies can chat. I keep getting bugged about it...

I know. I want to and I will, I have some other stuff to get done first though.

W2NAP
01-17-2012, 09:53 AM
New Yawk been coming in good on 20 last few days here.

hamsmtnchic
01-17-2012, 12:07 PM
:lol:

My YL doesn't know about warm boxes with glowing tubes. Yet. ;)

I have yet to see the tube glow and the other warm box in the house known as the hot tub about killed him, lol

W3WN
01-17-2012, 12:14 PM
I told her before the first date. She went out with me anyway.

Wednesday marks 20 years since we made it legal. And she hasn't thrown me (or the gear) out... yet.

N2CHX
01-17-2012, 12:14 PM
I have yet to see the tube glow and the other warm box in the house known as the hot tub about killed him, lol

So when are ya gonna get your license so you can chitty chat with me and Nikki?

W3WN
01-17-2012, 12:15 PM
Heh. We don't drink. The world is trippy enough without enhancements.
Been about three years for me, and twice that for her. :-D

Why yes... she did mention knobs. :snicker:By choice? I'm told that I'm not allowed booze of any sort while I'm on the meds I'm on. Never missed it until I was told I couldn't have it.

hamsmtnchic
01-17-2012, 12:22 PM
Not sure I have not seen my ham on the air yet. My Dad was a DJ and I was really uncomfortable on the air. It does sound fun.

W7XF
01-17-2012, 12:29 PM
I told her before the first date. She went out with me anyway.

Wednesday marks 20 years since we made it legal. And she hasn't thrown me (or the gear) out... yet.
Ron...I think you're probably safe UNLESS you bring some shit home from Dayton that used to reside in Crest......

KG4CGC
01-17-2012, 12:38 PM
Ron...I think you're probably safe UNLESS you bring some shit home from Dayton that used to reside in Crest......

That will never happen. What ends up in Crest is forever doomed.

W7XF
01-17-2012, 12:41 PM
That will never happen. What ends up in Crest is forever doomed.
ESPECIALLY if it makes its way down the hill to a certain ham that resides in San Diego....and I don't mean Pope Carlo xD

NQ6U
01-17-2012, 01:11 PM
I will say nothing bad about MHZ. He recently joined my ARC, for one thing, and I think people here are way to harsh on him besides. He's eccentric to be sure and he enjoys spinning a good yarn but he's really not a bad guy.

WØTKX
01-17-2012, 01:12 PM

If I go in head first like a lobster, you can't hear me scream.
My delicate parts are on the outside, dear. :neener:

http://youtu.be/ofkzvM7Skxg

http://youtu.be/ofkzvM7Skxg

WØTKX
01-17-2012, 01:16 PM
I will say nothing bad about MHZ. He recently joined my ARC, for one thing, and I think people here are way to harsh on him besides. He's eccentric to be sure and he enjoys spinning a good yarn but he's really not a bad guy.

I like eccentrics, as long as they are not mean spirited. Besides, I'd help out with any arachnid infested gear.

Spideys don't scare me... :-D

http://i1.sndcdn.com/artworks-000008120404-8zh3dc-crop.jpg?ee7b2d5

KG4CGC
01-17-2012, 01:48 PM
Well, he does like cats. I did grow weary of his stories though.
"I'm impoverished and barely able to buy basic food" while:
a) number 1 son gets another new car.
b) homeless people get fed at my rotary/kiwains(?) club while I cook for them and I get admonished for eating a single burnt sausage.
c) same as "b" while homeless guy steals cases of wine from club.
d) I hit someone's dog but kept going and I decided to come here to brag about it.
e) all food is too expensive and I have to reuse the same teabag for a week at work.
f) Spiders, towncars and pitbulls.
g) I'll never ever sell anything no matter what no matter what no matter even while born again virgin wife is loading it into the dumpster.
It was interesting reading for a while but at some point he kept writing the same book over and over again. Then the stories about hitting the dog and bitching about the homeless guy who was treated like a king while Pat fretted over the virtue of the club's wine supply seemed petty and lacked the same humor as previous stories of past. Yes, they were still along the lines of , "Oh woe is me" but they were no longer nice or lighthearted. Maybe he was just in a slump or didn't think it through before he committed it to publication via QRZ. Then last year Ron gave him a package of Ramen noodles at Dayton and Pat didn't see the humor in it.
Carl, if you say he's OK, then I'll take your word for it and I should just take his online persona as 100% bullshit. 100%.

NQ6U
01-17-2012, 02:01 PM
Just so we understand each other, Pat and I are not friends or anything, only acquaintances. And while I agree that he's repetitious and boring a lot of the time, so is the bitching about him here on the Island.

KG4CGC
01-17-2012, 02:03 PM
Just so we understand each other, Pat and I are not friends or anything, only acquaintances. And while I agree that he's repetitious and boring a lot of the time, so is the bitching about him here on the Island.
So is the bitching about ABNS but I've given up bitching about the bitching.

KB3LAZ
01-17-2012, 02:04 PM
Well, he does like cats. I did grow weary of his stories though.
"I'm impoverished and barely able to buy basic food" while:
a) number 1 son gets another new car.
b) homeless people get fed at my rotary/kiwains(?) club while I cook for them and I get admonished for eating a single burnt sausage.
c) same as "b" while homeless guy steals cases of wine from club.
d) I hit someone's dog but kept going and I decided to come here to brag about it.
e) all food is too expensive and I have to reuse the same teabag for a week at work.
f) Spiders, towncars and pitbulls.
g) I'll never ever sell anything no matter what no matter what no matter even while born again virgin wife is loading it into the dumpster.
It was interesting reading for a while but at some point he kept writing the same book over and over again. Then the stories about hitting the dog and bitching about the homeless guy who was treated like a king while Pat fretted over the virtue of the club's wine supply seemed petty and lacked the same humor as previous stories of past. Yes, they were still along the lines of , "Oh woe is me" but they were no longer nice or lighthearted. Maybe he was just in a slump or didn't think it through before he committed it to publication via QRZ. Then last year Ron gave him a package of Ramen noodles at Dayton and Pat didn't see the humor in it.
Carl, if you say he's OK, then I'll take your word for it and I should just take his online persona as 100% bullshit. 100%.

:( The hit a dog par reminds me. I hit this cat a few days ago right in front of some kids, it was there cat. It ran right under my car. I felt ever so terrible. The parents were out. I pulled in and got out of the car. They could see the look on my face and told me "Shit happens". The kids cried. I stayed around and helped the parents bury the cat. Next day I came back with two kittens. I know it does not make up for the loss of a pet but I felt compelled to do something.

Sadly out where I live cats and dogs get hit a lot. Most of the time they are strays because I live in an area where people find it wise to drop off their unwanted pets when they become bored with them. Because of this I have ended up with a lot of unexpected pets over the year.

kf0rt
01-17-2012, 02:13 PM

Hey... so not to be forward or anything, but... You got a name? :stickpoke:

WØTKX
01-17-2012, 02:28 PM
I'll tell. Her name is Betts. And her dog is Boots. :)

http://youtu.be/QdignGCMv-4

http://youtu.be/QdignGCMv-4

W3WN
01-17-2012, 02:57 PM
Ron...I think you're probably safe UNLESS you bring some shit home from Dayton that used to reside in Crest......No electronics will escape THAT black hole, let alone make it to Ohio, so long as Pat is alive.

And I have been privately assured by several hams who live in the area (and belong to the same clubs that Pat does... or did and complains about...) that if and when the day comes that Pat QSY's to another plane of existance, plans are already in place to roll up both to his home and his workplace to liberate that equipment and move it all on to better places.

Besides... I think were anyone to ever acquire something either from Crest, or that was sought after by The Man from Crest, they would find themselves labeled a RatBastid for taking it away from him. And I have no need to be further identified as any variety of rodent or related vermin.

W3WN
01-17-2012, 03:07 PM
I will say nothing bad about MHZ. He recently joined my ARC, for one thing, and I think people here are way to harsh on him besides. He's eccentric to be sure and he enjoys spinning a good yarn but he's really not a bad guy.Well, his schtick got a little old. He needs new material.

I got tired of hearing about his philandering son, his personal situation with his wife, his weight and his diet. Of course, I just don't read that stuff anymore.

I got tired of his claiming poverty while he allegedly spends every dime on radio gear that's shoved into every nook in cranny... he's starting to sound like the classic case of a Hoarder (yeah, I know, no big surprise there).

I met Pat at Dayton a couple of years ago. Even helped him haul some treasures from the flea market to his car. He insisted on working me on 2 M simplex, and promised to send me a card... never came. I know, big deal... but he's the one who made the fuss about it. More importantly, though, I presented him with a small assortment of the Ramen noodles he claims to love so much, that he complained that he never got enough of, and that he said he'd love for someone to bring to Dayton to give him. I guess he didn't figure anyone would take him up on it. My "thanks" was a few choice words. So the heck with him.

And that was before he bragged about hitting and killing that poor dog. I know it probably wasn't his fault... but to just keep on going, seeing the poor thing laying in the street, and telling one self "it's not my fault!" That did not sit well with me, not at all.

I won't say anything bad about him, but his welcome, in my eyes at least, has worn thin.

HUGH
01-17-2012, 03:54 PM

Sorry, just had to....

WØTKX
01-17-2012, 04:11 PM
Sorry, just had to....

HA! She'll think that's pretty funny. FWIW, I've never blown a tube, except once.
On purpose. Got a 6146 all hot and bothered, and produced a hole in it. POP! :lol:

NA4BH
01-17-2012, 04:15 PM
I've never blown a tube, except once.

LOL

WØTKX
01-17-2012, 04:36 PM
I'm sure you have a farkin' nasty visual in mind. :roll: :-D

VE7DCW
01-17-2012, 08:40 PM
I'm sure you have a farkin' nasty visual in mind. :roll: :-D

Absolutely .......check out Bob's avatar :mrgreen:

N8YX
01-17-2012, 08:45 PM

Sorry, just had to....

'DSG cannot escape the radios. She wants to watch a movie, entry to the living roomMan CaveHam Shack must be attained.

Of course, I cannot hear the people I'm talking to as a result of the TV so the net result is a wash: I'm buying wireless cans for both of us. :lol:

N7RJD
01-17-2012, 11:02 PM
I knew there was something odd about you. :yes: :lol:

Not drinking is odd??? I guess I'm in trouble.

WØTKX
01-17-2012, 11:05 PM
I got me a set of the stereo Rocketfish Bluetooth headphones a while ago. Built in microphone.

Pretty freaking nice.

N7RJD
01-17-2012, 11:08 PM

That will never happen. I don't know of anyone in Crest that would ever let anything go.

w3bny
01-18-2012, 09:27 AM

Somewhere between "I'm a furry" and "I have herpes simplex 20"

ki4itv
01-18-2012, 12:43 PM
Not drinking is odd??? I guess I'm in trouble.
Hey! That means there IS something normal about me. Who knew!

ki4itv
01-18-2012, 12:44 PM

ROFL emoticon goes here.

kb2vxa
01-18-2012, 05:17 PM

Like; I'm a furry ham with herpes simplex 20?
(ducking)

N8YX
01-18-2012, 05:25 PM
Upon seeing the direction her thread has taken, Betts will undoubtedly mutter a few WTFs under her breath. :whistle:

KB3LAZ
01-18-2012, 05:32 PM

Like; I'm a furry ham with herpes simplex 20?
(ducking)

But are your herpes furry?

WØTKX
01-19-2012, 07:07 AM
Upon seeing the direction her thread has taken, Betts will undoubtedly mutter a few WTFs under her breath. :whistle:

Yea, but she's gonna get some good laughs too. Betts has a great (sometimes twisted) sense of humor.

She's still going WTF at the new Napoleon Dynamite Fox cartoon we watched the other night. I liked it!

But, she's never seen the movie.

hamsmtnchic
01-19-2012, 12:27 PM

WTF

N8YX
01-19-2012, 12:30 PM
WTF
That wasn't very "under the breath", yanno... :lol: