PDA

View Full Version : I almost cried...

w3bny
01-16-2012, 02:42 PM
My dad sent me some stuff Saturday. Mostly pictures of my Mom but what was in the bottom of the box took my by surprise and I almost cried.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b220/Bunnieman/IMG_20120116_141627.jpg

Yep my old high school letter jacket from back in the day. (1979 is when I earned it if I got it right). But, What is on the sleeve is what I am most proud of.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b220/Bunnieman/IMG_20120116_141639.jpg

And yes, there is no way in hell that this chubby bunny can fit in that thing!

N8YX
01-16-2012, 02:46 PM
Can you at least get an arm into it? ;)

w3bny
01-16-2012, 02:49 PM
yes...one arm but not both...lawl.

I also found the "secret" pocket. Checked it for pills and mota, wasnt any (shit). Not that I would huff on 32 year old dope eww.

rot
01-16-2012, 03:04 PM

I also found the "secret" pocket. Checked it for pills and mota, wasnt any (shit). Not that I would huff on 32 year old dope eww.
LMAO....pretty cool wayback stuff there Ren.
rot

KG4CGC
01-16-2012, 03:37 PM
You gonna leave the patina on it?

w3bny
01-16-2012, 03:41 PM
Im afraid to get it cleaned. It may just blow up!

WØTKX
01-16-2012, 04:15 PM

My YL is sitting here while I was laughing at this post. Good stuff.

Her comments:

1) Can your wife wear the letter jacket?

2) If dope was stashed in that secret pocket in an old school 35mm film can, it might still be good.

BWAAAAAA!

KB3LAZ
01-16-2012, 04:22 PM
My YL is sitting here while I was laughing at this post. Good stuff.

Her comments:

1) Can your wife wear the letter jacket?

2) If dope was stashed in that secret pocket in an old school 35mm film can, it might still be good.

BWAAAAAA!

Lol. My dad gave me a box of records about 3 years back when he bought me a record player for xmas. In the box was exactly that, a film can with a bag of pot stuffed in it. Dads response "Is it any good?"...As I said to him, how the hell should I know. He smelled it and threw it away. Lol.

K7SGJ
01-16-2012, 04:26 PM
Great find. Check the lining, too.

KG4CGC
01-16-2012, 04:28 PM
Lol. My dad gave me a box of records about 3 years back when he bought me a record player for xmas. In the box was exactly that, a film can with a bag of pot stuffed in it. Dads response "Is it any good?"...As I said to him, how the hell should I know. He smelled it and threw it away. Lol.

Please be careful what you throw out in the garbage if it did indeed go in the garbage. Roving teams of undercover cops with K-9s have been known to "walk the dog" on garbage day.

KB3LAZ
01-16-2012, 04:28 PM
Great find. Check the lining, too.

If you find 1mil in large bills, I put it there. You can have it though.

KB3LAZ
01-16-2012, 04:29 PM
Please be careful what you throw out in the garbage if it did indeed go in the garbage. Roving teams of undercover cops with K-9s have been known to "walk the dog" on garbage day.

Not mine, we burn it.

K7SGJ
01-16-2012, 04:32 PM

They make special roach clips for dogs?

KG4CGC
01-16-2012, 04:34 PM
Not mine, we burn it.

As long as you don't burn petroleum based waste then OK. People around here start burning plastics and such I call the FD every time. Tell them I smell burning plastic siding siding in the neighborhood but can't tell where it's coming from.
You can't even have a campfire in your back yard around here without a permit and most people never bother with it. It's a free permit so there is no excuse.

KG4CGC
01-16-2012, 04:35 PM
They make special roach clips for dogs?

OK, I'll bite. What's it called?

K7SGJ
01-16-2012, 04:37 PM
OK, I'll bite. What's it called?

Beats me, it was more of a question. I've trained my dog to sniff out pot, but the bastid always wants the first hit.

KB3LAZ
01-16-2012, 04:37 PM
As long as you don't burn petroleum based waste then OK. People around here start burning plastics and such I call the FD every time. Tell them I smell burning plastic siding siding in the neighborhood but can't tell where it's coming from.
You can't even have a campfire in your back yard around here without a permit and most people never bother with it. It's a free permit so there is no excuse.

We only have recycling for plastic, glass, and cans around here but not paper. So we recycle what we can, burn what we cant, and what we cant burn we put in the trash receptacle. Ofc I shred my paper first. Last thing I need is shit with my name on it escaping the burn pile.

w3bny
01-16-2012, 04:44 PM

dont even thing 35yo weed would even have anything tasty left in it. probably half-lifed into oregano or catnip

W1GUH
01-16-2012, 04:55 PM
A fellow band letterman! Had one too. What'd you play? I played Oboe/English Horn in the Symphonic band; that meant I played clarinet in the marching band. I absolutely hated marching practice every morning in the freezing cold...hated the games even more. We were in the band shell in the end zone & couldn't see a bit of the game. At least there were two cheerleaders right in front of us and that was always good for a quick show when they kicked or spun around.

I'm shivering right now thinking of that.

NA4BH
01-16-2012, 05:08 PM
Band nerds :neener:

W1GUH
01-16-2012, 05:11 PM
But you don't know what went on behind the band shell or, at away games, under the bleachers!

kb2vxa
01-16-2012, 05:21 PM
It wasn't Animal House, even teenage hormones are no match for freezing weather. (;->)

w3bny
01-16-2012, 05:21 PM
A fellow band letterman! Had one too. What'd you play? I played Oboe/English Horn in the Symphonic band; that meant I played clarinet in the marching band. I absolutely hated marching practice every morning in the freezing cold...hated the games even more. We were in the band shell in the end zone & couldn't see a bit of the game. At least there were two cheerleaders right in front of us and that was always good for a quick show when they kicked or spun around.

I'm shivering right now thinking of that.

Trombone, Bass Trombone, Euphonium, Tuba. All state in Bass trombone. The valve instruments were just for fun though although was falling in love with a certain Miraphone 4-rotor CC tuba. If I would have gone to Jul..college would have made Miss Miraphone my second love other than my bass.

NQ6U
01-16-2012, 05:22 PM
I was a band nerd too. I played trombone in the orchestra and baritone horn (euphonium) in the marching band. Poorly, in both cases; the only letters I got were a big F.Y. at the end of my freshman year.

KJ3N
01-16-2012, 05:54 PM
Beats me, it was more of a question. I've trained my dog to sniff out pot, but the bastid always wants the first hit.

From the looks of your avatar, he gets it. :lol:

N7YA
01-16-2012, 05:59 PM
Band nerds :neener:

Tell me about it. :whistle:

W1GUH
01-16-2012, 08:29 PM
Trombone, Bass Trombone, Euphonium, Tuba. All state in Bass trombone. The valve instruments were just for fun though although was falling in love with a certain Miraphone 4-rotor CC tuba. If I would have gone to Jul..college would have made Miss Miraphone my second love other than my bass.

Great instruments! Finally made Divison 1 at the State Festival my senior year.

One thing about brass instruments -- you guys were lucky & could wear gloves while you played. Never had to worry about reeds, either.

W1GUH
01-16-2012, 08:32 PM
BTW...I DID cry when I learned my mom gave away the sweater with all the stuff on it. At least she sent me the stuff.

WX7P
01-16-2012, 08:42 PM

Right on.

I loved being in the band, and orchestra too. Lots of really smart people.

I was a violinist who was recruited to play Tuba. Had a new Mirafone BBb 4 valve borrowed from the local JC. Was in the University of California Berkeley Marching Band for two years. (Too much beer, and not enough studying-had to quit...) Played Bass trombone in pit orchestras for musicals (Sound of Music, Will Rogers Follies, Music Man etc) for years in Santa Rosa.

Best part is my daughter is a trombone prodigy. Currently auditioning for an orchestral gig. She lapped me on trombone by the time she was in the sixth grade.

W3WN
01-17-2012, 12:06 PM
I still have one old short-sleeved shirt left over from my days as a Boy Sprout. (What my mother did with everything else... patches, neckerchefs, slacks, long-sleeved shirts... I don't know. Probably either got cut up for rags, sold at a flea market, or just pitched. But that's how she always was with my stuff)

The way I've been losing weight over the last year, I may soon actually fit into it again.

However, my daughter plans on confiscating it in the near future. She thinks it'd be "cool".

Right.

W4RLR
01-22-2012, 08:57 PM
All I can think of when I read this thread:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Pie_(film)