PDA

View Full Version : 49ers vs Saints - what a game it was!

ad4mg
01-15-2012, 09:41 AM
You're not a fan if you didn't enjoy every second of last night's 49ers/Saints game. Those two teams put it all on the line and played to the final whistle. The 49ers validated themselves when they started their final drive with 40 seconds remaining, and ended it with that Smith to Davis TD. Damned gutsy call to throw it over the middle like that for the game winner when they were in comfortable field goal range.

Best football game of the season, IMHO! :clap:

NQ6U
01-15-2012, 09:43 AM
That will make my father happy. He's been a 49er fan since before there was an NFL.

W5RB
01-15-2012, 11:06 AM
Yep , despite the rivalry , and being a lifelong Saints fan , I gotta give those guys credit . Their defense deserves much of the credit , but the fact is that they just outplayed the Brees machine . Good football , very watchable game .

Look for the Giants/Packer matchup today to be one of the best games ever today . The Packers under Aaron Rodgers have been nearly unbeatable , yet on a given day , the NY guys have the skills , and could prevail . I'll be rootin' for Eli's crew . Oughta be cliff-hanger football for 60 minutes , or possibly some OT to boot .

KB3LAZ
01-15-2012, 12:58 PM
It was a good game.

W4GPL
01-15-2012, 01:17 PM
Agreed, great game. Great 2nd half anyway, that's all I was able to see. Too bad the Broncos / Pats game wasn't as good. :lol: What a trouncing..

suddenseer
01-24-2012, 07:01 AM
I agree, that was the most exciting NFL game I have seen for years. I thought for a moment that I was watching college ball, or maybe a hockey game broke out.

W1GUH
01-26-2012, 08:49 PM
The niners-saints WAS a great game. Trouble is...the cynic in me yells SCRIPTED when a game ends like that one did. But the fan in me says, "Who Cares?" It was good entertainment!

AND now the jints are in the Super Bow!!!!! Cue the fanfare!