PDA

View Full Version : Bubba Has a New Playtoy for the next (at least) 14 years

W7XF
01-14-2012, 08:02 PM
Joran Van Der Sloot sentenced to 28 yrs in Peru....could be paroled after 50% of sentence served...

Don't Drop the Soap, Joran! (http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-57358692-504083/joran-van-der-sloot-sentenced-to-28-years-behind-bars-for-the-murder-of-stephany-flores/?tag=re1.channel)

KB3LAZ
01-14-2012, 08:07 PM
Joran Van Der Sloot sentenced to 28 yrs in Peru....could be paroled after 50% of sentence served...

Don't Drop the Soap, Joran! (http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-57358692-504083/joran-van-der-sloot-sentenced-to-28-years-behind-bars-for-the-murder-of-stephany-flores/?tag=re1.channel)

They will prolly just kill him in there.

kb2vxa
01-14-2012, 08:31 PM
Van Der Sloot, you're so cute
Bend over boy, you're my toy

"....could be paroled after 50% of sentence served..."
.......could be killed before 50% of sentence served...
All fixed!

KG4CGC
01-14-2012, 09:45 PM
Facebook blew up last night with a bunch of pissed off people saying things like 28 years isn't long enough. Why didn't they kill him? Peru sucks etc etc etc .....
I reminded them that 10 years in a Peruvian prison is like 10 life sentences here and that he'll be passed around traded like a pack of cigarettes. No basic toiletries, what passes for food there flows through our sewer systems here yad yada yad.
Whatever. People aren't happy with without a blood circus.

N8YX
01-14-2012, 09:58 PM
I reminded them that 10 years in a Peruvian prison is like 10 life sentences here and that he'll be passed around traded like a pack of cigarettes. No basic toiletries, what passes for food there flows through our sewer systems here yad yada yad.
If he survives until eligible for probation, any semblance of humanity that Van Der Sloot now possesses will be utterly and completely wiped away. He'll be conditioned into a true monster.

Whatever. People aren't happy with without a blood circus.
And if he is granted parole, there will be a blood circus. Only it's not going to go the way most folks hope.

n2ize
01-14-2012, 10:55 PM
I have but one question. Why isn't this lowlife bastard being hanged from a gallows platform as we speak ? What is wrong with justice in this work when murderous scum is allowed to live ? I say, make the trial short and hang it from the nearest structure.

Van der Sloot ?? Hang der Sloot !!!

KC2UGV
01-15-2012, 02:12 AM
20 years? Hell, having a gram of crack rock will net you more in the US.

W5RB
01-15-2012, 02:59 AM
At such time as he's released , he has fraud and extortion charges to face in the US . The BOP has his room ready .

W4GPL
01-15-2012, 06:19 AM
At such time as he's released , he has fraud and extortion charges to face in the US . The BOP has his room ready .Only if they indict him in the next few months; according to what I saw on CNN.

n2ize
01-15-2012, 06:22 AM
At such time as he's released , he has fraud and extortion charges to face in the US . The BOP has his room ready .

I agree, however, 14-28 years is to long to wait and too short a sentence for this garbage.. And it is still not going to be hanged for fraud and extortion once Uncle Sam gets him. It is quite possible this piece of junk will be walking among human beings once again. Not good. At least a life in prison sentence would have been more appropriate.. But a hanging would have been best.

W4GPL
01-15-2012, 07:55 AM
Yes, because prison rape is hilarious. :roll:

I have no sympathies for Van der Slooth, but prison is heinous enough without fear of getting raped and then also catching HIV/Hep/etc. Even some of the most violent offenders are extremely remorseful and have a very sad existence; must we celebrate it being even worse? Rule of law, fuck it, right?

PA5COR
01-15-2012, 08:05 AM
He can rot in hell as far i'm concerned.
After having killed twice he knew what he did, and deliberately killed in a horribly way 2 weaker woman, so he's less as trash to me.
And to be honest i will have fun if the prison is as bad as some describe.

N8YX
01-15-2012, 08:11 AM
Yes, because prison rape is hilarious. :roll:

I have no sympathies for Van der Slooth, but prison is heinous enough without fear of getting raped and then also catching HIV/Hep/etc. Even some of the most violent offenders are extremely remorseful and have a very sad existence; must be celebrate it being even worse? Rule of law, fuck it, right?

A warden in Georgia seems to have a bit more sense than most others in this regard:

Get caught shtupping in his establishment and your happy little arse is headed to solitary - or worse.

IMHO, those who rape in prison deserve to be executed on the spot.

W4GPL
01-15-2012, 08:17 AM
Good.

We have a family friend who was sent to prison for armed robbery a few years back, he'll be there's for at least 18 years. When I first considered his situation, my general feeling was 'good, he's getting what he deserves', but as I've communicated with him via mail for the last year or so, I can say my opinion has changed. Again, not to defend someone like Joran but most sentences are far too harsh and the conditions in prison are far too extreme. I would be nice if we had more resources to establish a true compassionate parole system (something most states have eliminated). The fact is, even under the best behavior and expressing remorse & reform, my friend will be in prison for 18 years. It's completely unnecessary and arbitrary -- needless to say I'm not amused at the notion he has to fear rape and STDs. So ha ha.. don't drop the soap, funny.

WX7P
01-15-2012, 09:02 AM
Good.

We have a family friend who was sent to prison for armed robbery a few years back, he'll be there's for at least 18 years. When I first considered his situation, my general feeling was 'good, he's getting what he deserves', but as I've communicated with him via mail for the last year or so, I can say my opinion has changed. Again, not to defend someone like Joran but most sentences are far too harsh and the conditions in prison are far too extreme. I would be nice if we had more resources to establish a true compassionate parole system (something most states have eliminated). The fact is, even under the best behavior and expressing remorse & reform, my friend will be in prison for 18 years. It's completely unnecessary and arbitrary -- needless to say I'm not amused at the notion he has to fear rape and STDs. So ha ha.. don't drop the soap, funny.

Agreed.

In this Maury Povich/Parade magazine idiot world, we have WAY more emphasis on "punishment" at all costs. We throw millions of dollars at correctional facilities, yet we have constant repeats of atrocities like prison rape and general maltreatment of prisoners. THEN we wonder why the recidivism rates are so high. You treat people like garbage and low life scum, they're probably going to act that way on the outside too. I also have a hard time getting why just about every high profile prisoner is a "threat to society" when they come up for parole, especially the ones who have clean prison records and have been down for decades. The bloodthirsty victim crowd is responsible for our fucked up parole system.

Don't get me started on the death penalty, which is completely wrong on so many levels.

As for Van der Sloot, if Peru is anything like a lot of third world countries, he can probably grease the wheel a bit and get soft treatment. Some of the prisoners in latin American jails have many creature comforts obtained via bribery.

KC2UGV
01-15-2012, 02:21 PM
Good.

100% agreed.

KG4CGC
01-15-2012, 03:52 PM
If he survives until eligible for probation, any semblance of humanity that Van Der Sloot now possesses will be utterly and completely wiped away. He'll be conditioned into a true monster.

And if he is granted parole, there will be a blood circus. Only it's not going to go the way most folks hope.
This is assuming he survives the first 5 years. While I'm sure he will have money coming in to protect him, there will also be money from the other side to snuff him out. Add in the fact that he killed a Peruvian in Peru and the general population will not look kindly on that. A white boy in their home disrespecting their own will not play out well in a prison situation.

KB3LAZ
01-16-2012, 12:30 AM
I find it funny that people say the death sentence is inhuman. At times I think the death sentence is more human than many years or the rest of your life in prison. I think death may be welcomed if you are spending time in prison for certain crimes.

W4GPL
01-16-2012, 12:36 AM
I think more people call it unjust than inhumane. It's all about the application, right? Under the proper circumstances, I think most of us would prefer see the "worst of the worst" and the "undeniably guilty" be put down like sick dogs, right? The problem is that it's not applied to the worst of the worst, death penalty decisions are almost always political, racially skewed, and typically the defendant lacks adequate representation. In a flawed system, when the choice is life or death, life is the much saner choice as death is irrevocable.

KB3LAZ
01-16-2012, 12:58 AM
I think more people call it unjust than inhumane. It's all about the application, right? Under the proper circumstances, I think most of us would prefer see the "worst of the worst" and the "undeniably guilty" be put down like sick dogs, right? The problem is that it's not applied to the worst of the worst, death penalty decisions are almost always political, racially skewed, and typically the defendant lacks adequate representation. In a flawed system, when the choice is life or death, life is the much saner choice as death is irrevocable.

Just sayin, if it were me Im not sure I'd want to spend 2+ decades in prison. If there is a hell, that is what I envision it to be like.

w3bny
01-16-2012, 03:25 PM
Oh yeah...where MS13 runs the prisons. Dios se Bendiga

KB3LAZ
01-16-2012, 04:24 PM
Oh yeah...where MS13 runs the prisons. Dios se Bendiga

Havent read too much about MS13 as of late. They still a big issue?

N7YA
01-16-2012, 06:05 PM
They are. Its just the glamour of that particular story has spent its nickle in the media circus. In order to compete, you have to have a new story to scare people with every week.

n2ize
01-17-2012, 01:43 AM
After having killed twice he knew what he did, and deliberately killed in a horribly way 2 weaker woman, so he's less as trash to me.
And to be honest i will have fun if the prison is as bad as some describe.

I tend to agree. People of this type are not human. I generally refer to this type of murderous criminal as a "thing" rather than a person.

I am also very hot headed when it comes to people who murder. I get infuriated when I see/read about this kind of trash and I immediately call for medieval justice, i.e. a fast trial followed by a hanging. But I also recognize there are issues. Justice system is not perfect and sometimes a wrong person can be sent to the gallows. It happened in the past and happens today. This is why I also have some reservations about execution There is that fine line.

W3WN
01-17-2012, 12:18 PM
And to be honest i will have fun if the prison is as bad as some describe.We don't know that he's killed twice. We only know that he's admitted to killing once.

Which is not that I disbelileve he's probably killed more than once... but we don't actually know.

And for all we know, he may have killed more often than is suspected, but was never caught.

N7RJD
01-17-2012, 10:53 PM
Just remember, Jeffrey Dahmer wasn't sentenced to death either...At least not by the courts.

N7RJD
01-17-2012, 10:54 PM
We don't know that he's killed twice. We only know that he's admitted to killing once.

Which is not that I disbelileve he's probably killed more than once... but we don't actually know.

And for all we know, he may have killed more often than is suspected, but was never caught.

He did seem to have trouble getting caught as long as "Daddy" was around.

NQ6U
01-18-2012, 02:51 AM
Just remember, Jeffrey Dahmer wasn't sentenced to death either...At least not by the courts.

Poor old Jeffery. He just misinterpreted the lyrics of that old Petula Clark song as Cellar Full of Boys...

KB3LAZ
01-18-2012, 02:57 AM
We don't know that he's killed twice. We only know that he's admitted to killing once.

Once or twice, I dont really see that it matters. Besides he has all but admitted that he killed the first girl. Hints have been dropped many times. Now, I realize that this is not the same as a confession. Either way I do agree with Cor...if there is a hell he can rot in it.

n6hcm
01-18-2012, 03:39 AM
I find it funny that people say the death sentence is inhuman. At times I think the death sentence is more human than many years or the rest of your life in prison. I think death may be welcomed if you are spending time in prison for certain crimes.

perhaps, but the question is "who should carry that out?" folks who carry out the death penalty on a prisoner are not ever doing it on my behalf ... except, when it is done on behalf of the state, it looks like it is done on behalf of the people of {california,peru,...}

n2ize
01-18-2012, 05:00 PM
I still think that a public hanging is in order. Why public ?? To show any wannabees in the crowd what happens to murderous garbage.