PDA

View Full Version : Hey every one

kc4umo
01-13-2012, 09:38 AM
Hi all,
I know it has been a long time since I been here. But the past year I have been sufferring from seziurs. Never know what life will deal ya huh. It has been a rough road but slowly recovering. Now that they got my meds straighten out. I still deal with memory issues and severe head aches. Went back to work this past november :)

Anyway trying to get my life back sorted out. Been away from ham radio and the shop for a long time. Good to see the site is still active. I will be around some.

Buddy

NQ6U
01-13-2012, 10:10 AM
Welcome back, Buddy. Your last post was made before I became active on the Island so I'll say it's nice to meet you.

KG4CGC
01-13-2012, 10:26 AM
Welcome back and hate to hear about seizures and having to straighten meds out. At least you're going in the right direction.

W3WN
01-13-2012, 10:38 AM
Willkommen. Bienvenue. Welcome. C'mon in

Sorry to hear about the seizures. What meds do they have you on?

My wife had epilepsy, and her meds didn't always work that well. Fortunately, her neurologist was able to isolate the affected area of the brain, and following surgery, she's been almost symptom free. (She only had a problem when her phenobarb level got reduced too much, and restoring it to a higher dosage fixed that)

If you need someone to talk to, I can put her in touch.

W1GUH
01-13-2012, 10:39 AM
Welcome back. Sounds like things have gotten back under control for you and that sounds good. Good to hear you're getting back to routine.

kc4umo
01-13-2012, 11:00 AM
kj6bso, pleasure to meet you.
w3wn,
Since this has happened I am onthe following drugs:
bupropion
resperidone
alprazolam
panatoprazole
trazodone
sumatriptan

not sure of spelling lol.
I go to the doctors every two weeks now. Really starting to get back tomy old self. Still have problems remembering simple things. Like at the moment for some reason my ic 745 has gone crazy. Display does not match tx and rx. about 7kc's off. Where is Sue when you need here :) Lost all my antennas during the last hurricane here. Have got some dipoles strung up now thinks to some friends. I surley not climbing the tower anymore.

Thanks for the warm welcome all. Makes me feel right at home
Thanks

Buddy

K7SGJ
01-13-2012, 11:03 AM
Don't think we ever chatted, but welcome back and glad your feeling better.

FWIW Don't sweat the memory thing. Having a good memory on this site can be a curse.

WØTKX
01-13-2012, 11:13 AM
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/39/bug-hello.thumbnail.jpg

KC2UGV
01-13-2012, 11:19 AM
WElcome back! I don't think I was around during your previous tenure; but here's to this one :cheers:

W3WN
01-13-2012, 12:12 PM
kj6bso, pleasure to meet you.
w3wn,
Since this has happened I am onthe following drugs:
bupropion
resperidone
alprazolam
panatoprazole
trazodone
sumatriptan

not sure of spelling lol.
I go to the doctors every two weeks now. Really starting to get back tomy old self. < snip >Whew... that's quite a witches brew they have you on. Julie was primarily on Tegretol and Phenobarbital. To be honest, none of that list sounds familiar to me, but it's been quite a few years since the surgery. In any case, I'll ask her about those.

Where is Sue when you need here :) < snip >Oh. Uhm. Well, Buddy, suffice to say that she parted ways with the Island quite some time ago. That bridge is long burned.

She's quite active on some other Ham Radio forums, so she's not hard to find. If you're looking for her, try the Zed first.

NA4BH
01-13-2012, 12:18 PM
Welcome back

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGYpsNpg1bw&feature=related

KA9MOT
01-13-2012, 02:44 PM
Hi Buddy. Welcome back!
Funny thing you coming back like this. Early this morning I found this: http://forums.hamisland.net/showthread.php?10920-Cheap-Dummy-Load&p=207287#post207287 and was wondering if you still had the missing pictures. Sounds like a great project for a cold fat guy in Illinois.

kc4umo
01-13-2012, 03:16 PM
Whew... that's quite a witches brew they have you on. Julie was primarily on Tegretol and Phenobarbital.

oh yeah, way to many.

Oh. Uhm. Well, Buddy, suffice to say that she parted ways with the Island quite some time ago. That bridge is long burned.

She's quite active on some other Ham Radio forums, so she's not hard to find. If you're looking for her, try the Zed first.
Oh well, her loss.
I dont visit RUDead anymore.
too much bull.
I live with out it :)

kc4umo
01-13-2012, 03:20 PM
Hi Buddy. Welcome back!
Funny thing you coming back like this. Early this morning I found this: http://forums.hamisland.net/showthread.php?10920-Cheap-Dummy-Load&p=207287#post207287 and was wondering if you still had the missing pictures. Sounds like a great project for a cold fat guy in Illinois.

Oh. Had the forums shut down for a while, that is why the pics dont show. I have recently moved and upgraded the forums.
You can check out the dummy load hear:
http://gokarters.com/smf/index.php?topic=2298.0

N8YX
01-13-2012, 03:28 PM
Welcome back, Buddy. I have a '745 and will be glad to help you with fixing yours.

kc4umo
01-13-2012, 03:43 PM
Welcome back, Buddy. I have a '745 and will be glad to help you with fixing yours.

John, so good to see you.
My 745 has 2 problems.
main problem is the rx and tx are together, but the dsplay is 6 to 7 kc off actual frequency. That is the one that bothers me the most. The other proplem is 24 mhz and up quits. No tx or rx. It is intermitted. Maybe a vco adjustment.

KA9MOT
01-13-2012, 04:04 PM
Oh. Had the forums shut down for a while, that is why the pics dont show. I have recently moved and upgraded the forums.
You can check out the dummy load hear:
http://gokarters.com/smf/index.php?topic=2298.0

Very cool! Thanks.

K7SGJ
01-13-2012, 04:10 PM
Hey Steve, don't forget to take the latex paint out first. :hyper:

KA9MOT
01-13-2012, 04:13 PM
Hey Steve, don't forget to take the latex paint out first. :hyper:

Think of the mess that would make! :rofl:

This is just the sort of project any ham could and should do. A dummy load is a valuable resource in the shack, and one you built yourself? Icing on the cake. Thanks for sharing it buddy.

N8YX
01-13-2012, 05:10 PM
John, so good to see you.
My 745 has 2 problems.
main problem is the rx and tx are together, but the dsplay is 6 to 7 kc off actual frequency. That is the one that bothers me the most. The other proplem is 24 mhz and up quits. No tx or rx. It is intermitted. Maybe a vco adjustment.
The bolded is a trimmer capacitor issue. Let me look at the service manual and I will see which ones need replacing; might as well do them all at once.

Is the display consistently off frequency everywhere or is there one range that it's more pronounced?

kc4umo
01-13-2012, 05:20 PM
The bolded is a trimmer capacitor issue. Let me look at the service manual and I will see which ones need replacing; might as well do them all at once.

Is the display consistently off frequency everywhere or is there one range that it's more pronounced?

Ah, I did read that somewhere but forgotten about that.
The VFO is the same across all the bands. Well, 80 to 20 meters. Cant tell you how long it has been like this. Last week a buddy of mine stopped by to look at his 755 and he was on my rig. That is when he noticed the guys he talked to on 80 was on a differnt frequency.

w2amr
01-14-2012, 03:46 PM
Welcome back Buddy.