PDA

View Full Version : Words with Friends

NA4BH
01-13-2012, 12:42 AM
Does anybody play the Words with Friends game on their tablets or phone or Facebook? I started a few days ago and have really enjoyed it. It's just like SCRABBLE. I have been playing some one out of California (same person, different games) every evening and been getting my rear end handed to me. It's a lot of fun and very addictive. The only complaint is that it moves too slow, but that leaves time for some cold beverages.

VE7DCW
01-13-2012, 12:46 AM
Does anybody play the Words with Friends game on their tablets or phone or Facebook? I started a few days ago and have really enjoyed it. It's just like SCRABBLE. I have been playing some one out of California (same person, different games) every evening and been getting my rear end handed to me. It's a lot of fun and very addictive. The only complaint is that it moves too slow, but that leaves time for some cold beverages.

Cold beverages? ......beer I hope ! :yes:

NA4BH
01-13-2012, 12:48 AM
Cold beverages? ......beer I hope ! :yes:

You know me too too well.

KB3LAZ
01-13-2012, 01:20 AM
You know me too too well.

Umm beer. I dont drink often as I have said before. I think this weekend I will have a beer or two and some wings.

NA4BH
01-13-2012, 01:23 AM
Beer and wings, Let's make it happen (http://www.jeffersonsrestaurant.com/)

KB3LAZ
01-13-2012, 02:44 AM

Im more into MMORPG's but Pilar had me playing CastleVille with her...So bored, so fast.

N8YX
01-13-2012, 04:27 AM
I have two words for friends (in today's context):

Snow Job.

Welcome back to winter. :wall:

KB3LAZ
01-13-2012, 04:37 AM
I have two words for friends (in today's context):

Snow Job.

Welcome back to winter. :wall:

We got less than an inch of snow.

PA5COR
01-13-2012, 09:47 AM
I remember that fluffy white stuff from years ago.
Send some over, but then it's + 12 C now... :roll:

NQ6U
01-13-2012, 09:48 AM
The XYL and I often play WWF on our iPhones. It's a lot of fun—as long as I let her win.

kb2crk
01-13-2012, 10:04 AM
I have about 5 games going right now. I play when I get time or when it is slow at work. I only have access through Facebook as I refuse to own a smart phone. The refusal to own a smart phone is not a response to all the BS but I just don't want to pay for a data plan when I don't use my cell phone very often. I also have a bad habit of killing phones (run over with a forklift, dropped 60 ft from a manlift) so the last semi dumb phone i bought is a mil-spec heavy duty POS. It does what I use it for and I have not killed it as of yet...lol

KC9ECI
01-13-2012, 03:59 PM
My wife is addicted to it and often has several games going in the evening. I play occasionally. I use my ipod though and usually just play against a random player.

suddenseer
01-15-2012, 05:02 PM
I don't even own a cell phone now. My daughter plays games on her smart phone. She tells people every mundane thing she might be doing. I am an old koot I guess, I need a large screen, and a large keyboard. I don't see myself ever owning a smart phone.

KC9ECI
01-15-2012, 05:42 PM
You must be very old. I've had cataract surgery on both eyes, need reading glasses to see up close, and can manage my ipod touch and LG Sorta Smart phone quite easily.

suddenseer
01-15-2012, 06:17 PM
You must be very old. I've had cataract surgery on both eyes, need reading glasses to see up close, and can manage my ipod touch and LG Sorta Smart phone quite easily.I do read books from a kindle, but I can control the size of the letters. I borrowed my daughter's android for a day. I could not read the stuff on the screen. I was lost.

kf0rt
01-15-2012, 06:27 PM
My wife is addicted to it and often has several games going in the evening. I play occasionally. I use my ipod though and usually just play against a random player.

Same here. Wife, daughter and son-in-law play a lot in the evenings (against each other). Wife on a Kindle Fire, daughter on a laptop and son-in-law on an iPad. Guess that multi-dimensional melding is working at least in the software world, eh? I'm not sure if I want the "introductory lesson" or not...

You should see the DHCP tables in my WiFi router... Does everybody need that much connectivity?

KC9ECI
01-15-2012, 07:13 PM
I've thought about getting one of those kindles just so I could increase the font and read without my glasses.

kf0rt
01-15-2012, 08:57 PM
I've thought about getting one of those kindles just so I could increase the font and read without my glasses.

Kindles rule. :)

KC2UGV
01-15-2012, 09:16 PM
Be careful about the WWF game... I heard it can get you kicked off an airplane :rofl:

W4GPL
01-15-2012, 09:42 PM
Be careful about the WWF game... I heard it can get you kicked off an airplane :rofl:Haha. I just downloaded it for my iPad this weekend after being nagged and nagged by others to do so.. and that was the first thing I said to my sister. "This is going to get me kicked off of my next flight! I just know it!" :P