PDA

View Full Version : **ATTENTION VE TEAMS** (especially Southern California)

W7XF
01-12-2012, 12:51 PM
PASS THIS ALONG TO ALL THE VOLUNTEER EXAMINERS YOU KNOW!!!!

The notorious jammer Jack Gerritsen (ex-KG6IRO...the one that jammed Coast Guard and LEOs) is scheduled to be released from prison on Feb. 19th. Even though a condition of his probation is to NOT own or possess any radio equipment capable of transmit (I bet a cell phone will be exempted), he has violated this before, and he probably will again...

He has had TWO licences set aside by the FCC.... after the first one, he went to another VE session and tested and was licenced again..for about a week.

Might be a good idea to find a picture of Mr. Gerritsen, and have it available at VE sessions so if he goes and tries to retest again, we can keep him from doing that.

N8YX
01-12-2012, 01:10 PM
Someone give him a single-channel HF SSB set which is permanently tuned to 14313. Problem solved.

KA9MOT
01-12-2012, 01:30 PM
Someone give him a single-channel HF SSB set which is permanently tuned to 14313. Problem solved.

Hell, he'd find lots of friends there too!

kb2vxa
01-12-2012, 02:40 PM
All we need is Glen Bastard and hail hail the gang's all here.

We're having a party
On good ol' twenty meters
Whammin' anna jamin'
on the radio
the beers are in the icebox
the popcorn's on the table
Glen and Jacko are heatin' up the shack

So listen, Mr. Gerritsen
keep right on jammin'
'cause I'm having such a good time
List'nin' to the chaos...

w3bny
01-12-2012, 02:44 PM
Jacko...Havent heard that name in forever! Guess he wasnt someones buttery cornhole in prison.

WA4TM
01-12-2012, 06:15 PM
Jacko...Havent heard that name in forever! Guess he wasnt someones buttery cornhole in prison.

I'll bet he was Bubba's best girl!!!!!:mrgreen:

kb2vxa
01-12-2012, 06:59 PM
No, Michael "Jacko" Jackson had a thing for boys but he didn't go to prison... now you remember? Jack "Off enheimer" Gerritsen is another story, I'll give you odds he's drooling from the backside these days.

The night we met I knew I needed you so
And if I had the chance I'd never let you go
So won't you say you love me
I'll make you so proud of me
We'll make 'em turn their heads
Every place we go
So won't you please

Be my cornhole buddy
Say you'll be my darling
Be my cornhole buddy now
Ooh, ohh, ohh, oh <squish>

KG4CGC
01-12-2012, 07:46 PM
I guess it takes all kinds in prison and in prison they will take all kinds.
Serious, what sick %^&* would test this guy for a license? Besides, what stops an outlaw from getting on the air? Certainly isn't not having a note from his mommy.

N8YX
01-12-2012, 07:51 PM
Serious, what sick %^&* would test this guy for a license?

The kind who's partial to a Benjamin or two.

KG4CGC
01-12-2012, 07:55 PM
The kind who's partial to a Benjamin or two.
Isn't written in stone somewhere that he is ineligible?

N8YX
01-12-2012, 07:59 PM
Isn't written in stone somewhere that he is ineligible?

Most probably, but I doubt that would stop a few less-than-scrupulous individuals from administering the exam.

Now...whether said paperwork actually makes it to the FCC is another matter entirely, as is the possibility the agency would ever GRANT the license.

KG4CGC
01-12-2012, 08:15 PM
So, in the real world, he could simply pick up a rig from CL or a flea market, build a simple antenna and be on the air. I don't know why a license is even needed for the type of activity he is known to engage in.

N8YX
01-12-2012, 08:16 PM
So, in the real world, he could simply pick up a rig from CL or a flea market, build a simple antenna and be on the air. I don't know why a license is even needed for the type of activity he is known to engage in.

In the real world this is precisely what will happen.

kb2vxa
01-12-2012, 08:18 PM
Don't put it past the electronic filing computer to spit out a license or somebody to catch it with its shiny metal pants down.

"He has had TWO licences set aside by the FCC.... after the first one, he went to another VE session and tested and was licenced again..for about a week."

w3bny
01-12-2012, 09:54 PM
He'll just get a foobar WhangChung 2m and some foobar brick amp and off to the RACES!

KA9MOT
01-12-2012, 10:08 PM
I'll bet you he receives AES, HRO and Universal Radio's catalogs along with a subscription to QST where ever it is they are keeping him.

n2ize
01-13-2012, 01:23 AM
Sounds like a swell guy.

VE7DCW
01-13-2012, 01:37 AM
PASS THIS ALONG TO ALL THE VOLUNTEER EXAMINERS YOU KNOW!!!!

The notorious jammer Jack Gerritsen (ex-KG6IRO...the one that jammed Coast Guard and LEOs) is scheduled to be released from prison on Feb. 19th. Even though a condition of his probation is to NOT own or possess any radio equipment capable of transmit (I bet a cell phone will be exempted), he has violated this before, and he probably will again...

He has had TWO licences set aside by the FCC.... after the first one, he went to another VE session and tested and was licenced again..for about a week.

Might be a good idea to find a picture of Mr. Gerritsen, and have it available at VE sessions so if he goes and tries to retest again, we can keep him from doing that.

Well when he gets out ..... the prophetic Bob Marley knew what it was all about!!! ...... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFRbZJXjWIA

You had my attention when you had "VE" in the thread title ......... :snicker:

K7SGJ
01-13-2012, 08:50 AM
Get a license? Why TF would anyone go to the trouble to get "legal" to do something illegal? It's like getting a drivers license to steal cars.

WV6Z
01-13-2012, 09:01 AM
In the real world this is precisely what will happen.

Okay, okay, yeah we know....... but what about in OUR world?

WV6Z
01-13-2012, 09:03 AM
Get a license? Why TF would anyone go to the trouble to get "legal" to do something illegal? It's like getting a drivers license to steal cars.

Does make you wonder, doesn't it? Another example would be if my crack dealer were to become licensed as a pharmacist.

kf0rt
01-13-2012, 09:07 AM
Does make you wonder, doesn't it? Another example would be if my crack dealer were to become licensed as a pharmacist.

Legal crack is sooooo much better.

WV6Z
01-13-2012, 09:16 AM
WIN!

suddenseer
01-15-2012, 07:09 PM
What's the co-pay for crack these daze?

N8YX
01-15-2012, 07:43 PM
What's the co-pay for crack these daze?

Oh, 'bout tree-fitty.

n2ize
01-15-2012, 07:59 PM
This guy seems to be a common syndrome with radio. It seems there are those select few who seem to think they are on a mission to save the world as they imagine it needs to be saved and they will do it through radio. Each of them feels it is his God given right to use the various frequencies as they see fit and that any form of rules or fair operating practices are somehow unconstitutional and unjustified and thus can be ignored despite fines, imprisonment, etc.

It is quite strange. I was going to say this syndrome affects "him/her" but, thus far it seems inclusive of only the male species and excludes the female of our species. I guess women have better things to do ? Who knows. Nonetheless, it is a rather bizarre affliction.

KG4CGC
01-15-2012, 08:25 PM
This guy seems to be a common syndrome with radio. It seems there are those select few who seem to think they are on a mission to save the world as they imagine it needs to be saved and they will do it through radio. Each of them feels it is his God given right to use the various frequencies as they see fit and that any form of rules or fair operating practices are somehow unconstitutional and unjustified and thus can be ignored despite fines, imprisonment, etc.

It is quite strange. I was going to say this syndrome affects "him/her" but, thus far it seems inclusive of only the male species and excludes the female of our species. I guess women have better things to do ? Who knows. Nonetheless, it is a rather bizarre affliction.
Women are better at influencing the men behind the mic if there was such power in radio these days. Of course, this leaves out the blowhards of the mainstream airwaves.
Women of the mind you speak of, do things like run for office. Palin, Bachmann and O'Donnell come to mind.

n2ize
01-15-2012, 09:41 PM
Women are better at influencing the men behind the mic if there was such power in radio these days. Of course, this leaves out the blowhards of the mainstream airwaves.
Women of the mind you speak of, do things like run for office. Palin, Bachmann and O'Donnell come to mind.

So in other words Sarah Palin (or women like her) sit behind these madmen of the mic and motivate them..

KG4CGC
01-15-2012, 09:46 PM
So in other words Sarah Palin (or women like her) sit behind these madmen of the mic and motivate them..

Never said that, John. Two different things that you combined.

kf0rt
01-16-2012, 08:44 AM

Him and Limbaugh, Glenn Beck, Dr. Laura, etc., etc...

All preachers, just different churches.

W5GA
01-16-2012, 09:46 AM
Hmmm, was he on the lucrative city payroll?

n2ize
01-16-2012, 02:14 PM
Him and Limbaugh, Glenn Beck, Dr. Laura, etc., etc...

All preachers, just different churches.

True, but I am thinking more in terms of non-commercial, non-broadcast "preachers". Individuals like the guy mentioned in this thread, Baxter, the guy up in Canada and others that have come and gone who use CB, Ham, and other non-commercial, non-broadcast mediums. They are all on crusades to "change the world" in one way or another, they all feel that they are above any and all rules, they declare that others who do not appreciate their brand of morality are either "sheeple" or "part of the evil, system". These seem to arise in radio more than any other hobby or interest that I have ever been involved with...except perhaps the Internet but on the Internet its legal.

But yes, I guess in the overall sense we can include Dr. Laura, Beck, and crew.

KG4CGC
01-16-2012, 08:04 PM
I was dividing the difference between the emulators and the emulated and then distinguishing the role we see women in more often today. Running companies and running for office. On the campaign trail, it is a pulpit as witnessed by recent events.