PDA

View Full Version : o0 I has new material for late night 75m

KB3LAZ
01-12-2012, 04:52 AM
Yesterday was a long day that made me feel old. Lab work (blood tests, urine test, etc), X-rays, and a set up for an Endoscopy. Dr's recommendation before my migration due to family medical history. My father has kidney issues and colon cancer runs in my family on both sides. Fun week..particularly the damn magnesium that is keeping me up all night.

Anyway, Blood tests and X-rays show that I'm in tip top shape. BP is a wee bit high but is due to smoking and my nerves nothing alarming in the least. As I said my overall health is good. In fact due to my dietary changes and weight loss some of my stomach problems are chilling out (though will never go away).

I did a double take when the RN/P said I was 207 lbs. Meaning, I have lost 80 lbs on the nose in 10 months. 37 more to go. After that I intend to stop smoking aside from one Cigar every other Friday.

Anyway, its nice to know that I am healthy particularly with my family medical history. Granted, I am still young which is why I have been changing my lifestyle.

PS: Ofc my Dr bitched at me since I havent been to a Dr in erm..6 years or so and prolly wont for another 6. I dont like Dr's.

K7SGJ
01-12-2012, 06:24 AM
I don't blame you, but a quick bt and checkup every year or so will help you stay healthy and catch anything that might be brewing. Droping the extra weight is probably the best thing you can do at your age. That, and quit smoking. I quit smoking many years ago and gained a shitload of weight. Then, a few years back I dropped the extra weight and have kept it off, with the usual holiday fluctuations, of course.

Once you hit your target weight, you will be surprised how much better you will feel and how much energy you will have.

Live long and prosper. (Vulcan split fingers thing)

N8YX
01-12-2012, 08:46 AM
Glad to hear you're in good shape, Travis!

I've resigned myself to that fact that I am always going to weigh at least 250...but the overall target is 6-10% body fat. Don't think I would be healthy if I were to weigh 180, given my height.

That scope thing is ... errrr ... interesting, and we'll leave it at that. Worst part by far is the prep.

KC2UGV
01-12-2012, 09:03 AM
Good to hear you are in good health mate :) I had a "health screening" a month or two ago, and was happy to find out I'm not diabetic (I had some concerns for a while there), but my cholesterol is pretty bad.

Oh well, exercise, and a better diet (Courtesy of the wife), and I'm hoping the next screening isn't too bad. And I always get yelled at for not going to the dentist, and only going to the docs when I'm sick and not for annuals.

W1GUH
01-12-2012, 09:16 AM
Yesterday was a long day that made me feel old. Lab work (blood tests, urine test, etc), X-rays, and a set up for an Endoscopy. Dr's recommendation before my migration due to family medical history. My father has kidney issues and colon cancer runs in my family on both sides. Fun week..particularly the damn magnesium that is keeping me up all night.

Anyway, Blood tests and X-rays show that I'm in tip top shape. BP is a wee bit high but is due to smoking and my nerves nothing alarming in the least. As I said my overall health is good. In fact due to my dietary changes and weight loss some of my stomach problems are chilling out (though will never go away).

I did a double take when the RN/P said I was 207 lbs. Meaning, I have lost 80 lbs on the nose in 10 months. 37 more to go. After that I intend to stop smoking aside from one Cigar every other Friday.

Anyway, its nice to know that I am healthy particularly with my family medical history. Granted, I am still young which is why I have been changing my lifestyle.

PS: Ofc my Dr bitched at me since I havent been to a Dr in erm..6 years or so and prolly wont for another 6. I dont like Dr's.

Good to hear your in tip-top shape. Re: BP. I've gotten mine checked so much I think my arm has a permanent dent in it! It tends to vary all over the place. Never in the "bad" zone, but from the top to the bottom of the "normal" range. Based on that , I'd bet that another time it won't be a "wee bit high."

Good luck with the endoscopy. Very imprtant test. They doing both ends?

KB3LAZ
01-12-2012, 02:45 PM
Good to hear your in tip-top shape. Re: BP. I've gotten mine checked so much I think my arm has a permanent dent in it! It tends to vary all over the place. Never in the "bad" zone, but from the top to the bottom of the "normal" range. Based on that , I'd bet that another time it won't be a "wee bit high."

Good luck with the endoscopy. Very imprtant test. They doing both ends?

Yes but through the mouth has already been done. That one I have done ever few years. I am missing part of the muscle in my esophagus and have a few issues with my stomach. Dr's like to make sure that nothing has developed.

KB3LAZ
01-12-2012, 02:47 PM
Glad to hear you're in good shape, Travis!

I've resigned myself to that fact that I am always going to weigh at least 250...but the overall target is 6-10% body fat. Don't think I would be healthy if I were to weigh 180, given my height.

That scope thing is ... errrr ... interesting, and we'll leave it at that. Worst part by far is the prep.

Lol, you look fine. You got me by almost a foot.

Good to hear you are in good health mate :) I had a "health screening" a month or two ago, and was happy to find out I'm not diabetic (I had some concerns for a while there), but my cholesterol is pretty bad.

Oh well, exercise, and a better diet (Courtesy of the wife), and I'm hoping the next screening isn't too bad. And I always get yelled at for not going to the dentist, and only going to the docs when I'm sick and not for annuals.

Yeah, dont want to be diabetic. My grandfather is but he is about the only one in my family. Of all things that is not one that is common in my family.