PDA

View Full Version : It's winter and the spray paint is old.........

K7SGJ
01-11-2012, 06:22 PM
My wife asked me to make a feeding stand for one of the feral cats they have adopted at work. (don't ask) So I got it built up today, and decided to spray paint it. Needless to say, OLD paint doesn't shake worth a shit, much less when it's cold out. So after about 10 minutes of trying to get the ball bearing inside to break loose, I decided there must be a better way. So I broke out the VS demolition saw, and two small bungee cords. I found a 10" blade for the saw and put in. Then, bungeed the can to the blade, and let her rip. I started at a slow speed because I had no idea what would happen. A few minutes later, no problem, and I upped the speed. So far so good. After about 10-15 minutes at various speeds, I undid the can from the blade, and gave it a shake. Viola, rattle can. Gave it a squirt, it worked great, and the paint sprayed just like it should. I don't have to shitcan all that old spray paint any more.

Now the cat has an elevated food stand. In canary yellow, naturally.

KG4CGC
01-11-2012, 06:45 PM
Thanks. I was kind of expecting a "don't try this at home, kids" type of scenario but I'm glad it all worked out.
Now the cat will have to chase of the squirrels from his food stand. Oh wait. Y'all have camels sooo, you probably don't have squirrels.

W2NAP
01-11-2012, 06:54 PM
warning these stunts are dangerous and done by non professionals dont try this at home

:P

WA4TM
01-11-2012, 08:15 PM
I was expecting a report of spray paint with a coverage of about 15 feet instead of the normal 1 or 2.. Glad it worked...

NQ6U
01-11-2012, 08:16 PM
That is absolutely in the spirit of ham radio.

rot
01-11-2012, 08:40 PM
:rock:
ManCaves everywhere salute you.
rot

NA4BH
01-11-2012, 08:53 PM
That reminds me of a joke. More than likely, this is NSFW.

A farm kid was out in the barn jerking off when his father walked in. The father told him he needed to get a wife to do that for him. So, a few weeks later the boy was married and all was well. A month or so after that the father walks back out to the barn and finds the son doing it again. He asks the son what the hell he's doing, where's his wife. The boy looks up at the father and says, "Daddy, her little arm gets so tired".

VE7DCW
01-11-2012, 10:03 PM
That reminds me of a joke. More than likely, this is NSFW.

A farm kid was out in the barn jerking off when his father walked in. The father told him he needed to get a wife to do that for him. So, a few weeks later the boy was married and all was well. A month or so after that the father walks back out to the barn and finds the son doing it again. He asks the son what the hell he's doing, where's his wife. The boy looks up at the father and says, "Daddy, her little arm gets so tired".

This is the same classification of joke..... "My wife just flew in from Chicago ......and boy are her arms tired....." :spin: