PDA

View Full Version : Probably Mobiling Sat. Morning....

W1GUH
01-04-2012, 08:11 AM
C'mon out & see if we can escape bits, bytes, and pixels & communicate throught the aether, like Hams are supposed to do! ;) I'm almost always riding along with ECARS 7255, and that's an excellent place to hook-up. Should be on from the time they start (sometime around 8 AM) til at least noon. Will make a point of listening at the top and bottom of the hour.

If I hoook up with someone, will be down around 7245 +/- QRM. Late time I hooked up with one islander....how's aboout more of you?

KC2UGV
01-04-2012, 09:07 AM
C'mon out & see if we can escape bits, bytes, and pixels & communicate throught the aether, like Hams are supposed to do! ;) I'm almost always riding along with ECARS 7255, and that's an excellent place to hook-up. Should be on from the time they start (sometime around 8 AM) til at least noon. Will make a point of listening at the top and bottom of the hour.

If I hoook up with someone, will be down around 7245 +/- QRM. Late time I hooked up with one islander....how's aboout more of you?

How long are we talking? 8AM until ...

W1GUH
01-04-2012, 09:59 AM
Should be on from the time they start (sometime around 8 AM) til at least noon.

Sorry for the sarcasm, Corey...couldn't help myself! ;)

Bet you you saw it after you got your coffee?

KC2UGV
01-04-2012, 10:09 AM
Sorry for the sarcasm, Corey...couldn't help myself! ;)

Bet you you saw it after you got your coffee?

Most likely. I'll try to hit you up on there :)

W1GUH
01-04-2012, 11:03 AM
Very Cool! I'll look forward to it.

W1GUH
01-07-2012, 06:29 AM
On schedule. Should be on the air by 8:30. C'mon out! ECARS 7255 or 7245 +/- QRM.

Tickle the Aether!

KJ4FEL
01-07-2012, 08:51 AM
I checked in about 8:47 AM with KJ4BYF - Albert as the Net Control Station. Bad QRM from the foreign broadcast station.

W1GUH - I heard you check in at 9:00 AM. I heard both you and the station that was relaying for you :-)

W1GUH
01-08-2012, 12:51 PM
Thanks for the report! I really appreciate it, and maybe next time we can hook up on the air. I'd love for that to happen. Later, when I was getting hooked up with a friend, I was fighting some bad line noise. It's amazing how much of that I hear in the mobile. I didn't hear the foreign broadcast that others heard, but that line noise made ECARS next to impossible at times. This morning was a lot quieter. I didn't mention that yesterday because I didn't know if I was going to be staying up there. I guess by now I should know that even if I don't plan to, I probably will!

Again, thanks for the report.

KC2UGV
01-08-2012, 01:51 PM
I was conscripted to doing a countertop that morning, but let me know next time you are out mobiling... The wifey will be informed "I have work I need to get done" :)

W7XF
01-08-2012, 03:59 PM
Wish I was out mobiling....at least then I'd be making money xD

W1GUH
01-08-2012, 04:15 PM
I was conscripted to doing a countertop that morning, but let me know next time you are out mobiling... The wifey will be informed "I have work I need to get done" :)

Oh well, bummer! Will be announcing next trip. Usually most weekends...the only question is which day or both!

Well, you've got a nice new countertop & a happy wife! You're not dumb!

Thanks, Corey.

W3WN
01-09-2012, 12:18 PM

"Countertop" is a four letter word in my house right now...

NQ6U
01-09-2012, 12:20 PM
"Countertop" is a four letter word in my house right now...

Apparently, so is "math." ;)

W3WN
01-09-2012, 01:50 PM
Apparently, so is "math." ;)The boss is still fuming about the whole countertop mess, even after they gave it to us for "free." The store has also stopped talking to us about the other adjustments that they had promised to make, on the grounds of "you got the countertop for free, what more do you want?"

But we should discuss that in another thread.