PDA

View Full Version : Got a new razor

KB3LAZ
12-31-2011, 05:03 AM
So I go out to the mail box yesterday morning and fetch the mail. Much to my surprise there was a Gilet power glide (think that is what it is called) in a box with an X-mas card on it. The company sent me a new razor with a 5 blade pack. Now I have used these before and I dont find them to be better than my mach 3 in fact they have too many blades and irritate my face or at least my fusion 5 did.

Anyway, Im not complaining as I just got 25$ worth of razor heads.

Now I am sure that other people get these sample things for free but it makes me wonder if those anonymous surveys are really anonymous. Example: Last time I partook in a walmart survey I got a gift card in the mail. Though, I suppose they mean anonymous to the general public.

On the other hand my mother takes surveys just to get sample packs of razors, toothpaste, coupons, gift cards, etc. To my surprise most of the time they work.

Anyone else partake in such surveys? If so why? (I do so for game credits)

n2ize
12-31-2011, 12:33 PM
Those surveys are pretty legit. Some pay out money (like 25 cents - $1.00) per survey. Others pay out in gift cards, sample products, etc.The only problem is that they are time consuming and, you don;t allway's qualify. Sometimes you have to try dozens of them before you qualify for any particular one.

As for razors I recently went from a Gillette Fusion to an old fashioned safety razor. I find I get just as good a shave from the old safety razor. And at around $1.50 for a five pack of double edged safety blades, as opposed to $20.00 for a 5-pack of fusion blades I can't complain about the price.

WØTKX
12-31-2011, 12:43 PM
Norelco Triple Head, new school rechargeable with immersible heads for cleaning.

Your comment on the $25.00 worth makes me think of the outrageous profits they must make if they can give them away. Kind of like HP printers... the printer is cheap, but OOOoooo those cartridges... ;)

KG4CGC
12-31-2011, 12:50 PM
Those surveys are pretty legit. Some pay out money (like 25 cents - $1.00) per survey. Others pay out in gift cards, sample products, etc.The only problem is that they are time consuming and, you don;t allway's qualify. Sometimes you have to try dozens of them before you qualify for any particular one.

As for razors I recently went from a Gillette Fusion to an old fashioned safety razor. I find I get just as good a shave from the old safety razor. And at around $1.50 for a five pack of double edged safety blades, as opposed to $20.00 for a 5-pack of fusion blades I can't complain about the price.
Those old style razors are great for the radio experimenter. Rectifiers and capacitors and you can even experiment with the writing on the blades as contact points for your rectifier experiments. Those blue/black blades are great fun too. Another fun game is to sand a small spot and heat it up to about 360 to 440 degrees and apply gun bluing to the sanded spot. Also makes for a great small signal rectifier. Experiment with higher temps for different results but the best doping occurs around 420.
ETA: Add a small bit of graphite to the area you are going to add bluing to. Only need a tiny amount. A number2 pencil, just write with it over the sanded area after heating and before bluing.

KB3LAZ
12-31-2011, 01:19 PM
Norelco Triple Head, new school rechargeable with immersible heads for cleaning.

Your comment on the $25.00 worth makes me think of the outrageous profits they must make if they can give them away. Kind of like HP printers... the printer is cheap, but OOOoooo those cartridges... ;)

No lie!

kb2vxa
12-31-2011, 02:42 PM
Ah dunno, I haven't shaved for the last 12 years.