PDA

View Full Version : Somdays it dont pay to be Hispanic...

w3bny
12-30-2011, 07:55 PM
Dios Mio....

Went to my mediocre passible "Mexican" restaurant this evening. Oh...my...gawd... Me and Mrs Bunneh get seated in the back end. Eh..it was packed so no biggie. But I got seated to a table of good ol fahsioned grade a meat and taters eatin red NECKS! And lemme tell you, they knew it all about Meskin cookin boy... My waiter comes up. Buenos Tardes senior... Si quedes bebidas? No prob. Para la seniora, una diet coke y uno margarita tejana...con sal...grande por favor. Gracias Senior. The subject table next to me. Guy is wearing a Champion Spark plug hat (and ofcourse its still on his head) and a black t-shirt with a crying wuffeh over imposed with an American flag (Why sweet Jesus...Why!). And he's stuffing limes in his deeleecious Corona. Everybody else has good ol Bhud Layte... (somewhere in the distance.."red solo cup...ah fill you up...") Then in that definative "Jorhhay boosh" accent. Ehs is muy beehen sayrvaysah. Gawd.... And Pahblow...more white sauce for the cheeps (that crap is basically ranch dressing...peh) Anyway, the table is mawing down on there cheeps, foobar American(Belgium) beer and craptastical Mexican beer along with copious bowls of that monkey spooge crap. Then he goes in to how Tapatio is the best "salhsa" made (gawd...lonchera swill). Everybody orders...And he goes into this complex
Tayhas Fahgeetas" order. No onions, only red peppers (which dont come with it) and mushrooms (WTF?!?) Then he says he had this green sauce in D.C. I dont remember what its was called (maybe Salsa Verde...perhaps...estupido!) The chick behind my wife sounds like Moon Unit with her Strawberry Margarita "Ah dunno...Oh Mah Gawd...Ah Dunno...Oh Mah Gawd...ad nauseum". I ate...quickly. Got home... took my shoes of, and took a long draw on that bottle of Yaygherhoochie in the freezer...mmm...Jagerhoochie... At least I know that I will be making a power run down to Durham tomorrow where I can eat lunch with real illegal aliens that speak proper spanish and eat proper Mexican food...not monkey spooge and Tapatio on stale chips...

My rant is over. Need another "draw" and gonna watch "Panda-Schmanda II"

K7SGJ
12-30-2011, 08:05 PM
Grandma always said, no Mexican food is better than bad Mexican food. As for the RNs, didja getem headed back to the Interstate in an Arkansaswardly direction?

N8YX
12-30-2011, 08:09 PM
Our fav Mexican joint is somewhat inner city, is predominately staffed by Colombians and our rednecks don't seem to make complete asses of themselves. Prices are reasonable and the food is great. Univision is what's on the channel - period. It's an enjoyable hole in the wall.

Our second fav Mexican joint is staffed by a mixture of Latin American and Southern American nationals, is festively decorated and prices are a little more than the first place...but the food is good. The drunks are loud but tolerable. They have live senoritas on stage during the weekend. The heavier-set Swedish looking gal actually does a good job vocalizing regional Spanish folk songs. Prices are reasonable and the portions are HUGE: $20 buys dinner and lunch leftovers for both of us.

Moving up/down the ladder, the next one has a mixture of Mexican-Americans and U.S.-born help, is somewhat "trendy" and attracts (among other night life) the fabled "3-wolf shirt" crowd. It's more of a sports bar with a decidedly Mexican tilt. Prices and portions are commensurate with the environment, but overall it isn't that bad: Janet has eaten there with 'DSG and myself.

KG4CGC
12-30-2011, 08:10 PM
Neumático y manillar del pepino de la cebolla de la salsa del escape de la tuerca de tornillo del barco.

kb2vxa
12-30-2011, 08:42 PM
OH YUK! Sounds like you had the dubious pleasure of eating at Toxic Hell... "make a run for the toilet".

Oh Rooodeee..........

WX7P
12-30-2011, 09:19 PM
Dios Mio....

Went to my mediocre passible "Mexican" restaurant this evening. Oh...my...gawd... Me and Mrs Bunneh get seated in the back end. Eh..it was packed so no biggie. But I got seated to a table of good ol fahsioned grade a meat and taters eatin red NECKS! And lemme tell you, they knew it all about Meskin cookin boy... My waiter comes up. Buenos Tardes senior... Si quedes bebidas? No prob. Para la seniora, una diet coke y uno margarita tejana...con sal...grande por favor. Gracias Senior. The subject table next to me. Guy is wearing a Champion Spark plug hat (and ofcourse its still on his head) and a black t-shirt with a crying wuffeh over imposed with an American flag (Why sweet Jesus...Why!). And he's stuffing limes in his deeleecious Corona. Everybody else has good ol Bhud Layte... (somewhere in the distance.."red solo cup...ah fill you up...") Then in that definative "Jorhhay boosh" accent. Ehs is muy beehen sayrvaysah. Gawd.... And Pahblow...more white sauce for the cheeps (that crap is basically ranch dressing...peh) Anyway, the table is mawing down on there cheeps, foobar American(Belgium) beer and craptastical Mexican beer along with copious bowls of that monkey spooge crap. Then he goes in to how Tapatio is the best "salhsa" made (gawd...lonchera swill). Everybody orders...And he goes into this complex
Tayhas Fahgeetas" order. No onions, only red peppers (which dont come with it) and mushrooms (WTF?!?) Then he says he had this green sauce in D.C. I dont remember what its was called (maybe Salsa Verde...perhaps...estupido!) The chick behind my wife sounds like Moon Unit with her Strawberry Margarita "Ah dunno...Oh Mah Gawd...Ah Dunno...Oh Mah Gawd...ad nauseum". I ate...quickly. Got home... took my shoes of, and took a long draw on that bottle of Yaygherhoochie in the freezer...mmm...Jagerhoochie... At least I know that I will be making a power run down to Durham tomorrow where I can eat lunch with real illegal aliens that speak proper spanish and eat proper Mexican food...not monkey spooge and Tapatio on stale chips...

Uh, dunno bunneh...

If there was no malicious intent, I'd say who cares? People are stupid sometimes.

I try to order in Spanish, when the wait person is not English fluent. I probably sound like some CA gringo.

You are correct. Tapatio is HORRIBLE. They must give that away free, because it's on every table at Mexicano restaurants out here.

W1GUH
12-30-2011, 10:03 PM

A bunch more "draws." That rant was very well written....obviously still too sober!

The RN's may have been yuppie wannabes. I've heard yuppies talk just like that.

Chill. Here's the bong.

NQ6U
12-30-2011, 10:13 PM
You missed your chance, Ren! You shoulda just walked over to them with a big smile on your face, thrown your arm around the most egregious of them and said "Pinché pendejo cabron!"

KG4CGC
12-30-2011, 10:32 PM
pinche' algo

KB3LAZ
12-30-2011, 11:10 PM
Forgive us nubs. Ive just started learning Spanish as of a few months ago. Right now my project is reading a small middle school book called El hombre del bar. I have come to a realization that reading a new language is tenfold harder than speaking it. I often find myself trying to pronounce Spanish words that are spelled similar to or the same as English. Slowly I am learning to pronounce words the way the should be. Its hard when reading, for me at least but when speaking it seems to come natural.

Good thing for me Ill be in Spain in a few months and my soon to be Mother in-law is going to sit down with me and give me lessons. :) My sister in-law as well. Ofc Pilar is already teaching me but Ill take all of the help I can get.

Now if only my future in-laws would remember to talk to me in Spanish rather than Valencian or Catalan. :P

Heh, our group of friends all use English as a way to communicate because most of us have different native languages. Spanish(a given being in spain), French, Portuguese, Italian, and Korean.

Now as far as Mexican restaurants are concerned, we have a 'decent' one in my home town. Sadly I do not think it will last in my hick town. Never anyone there. Ofc..round here culture is not broad. 3 months until my escape, 3 months. :D

NQ6U
12-31-2011, 01:02 AM
About the last thing you want to do if you're going to España is to learn to speak the language like a Mexican.

KG4CGC
12-31-2011, 01:42 AM
About the last thing you want to do if you're going to España is to learn to speak the language like a Mexican.

Oh I don't know. They should suck it up a bit. Didn't their ancestors invent Mexicans when they forcibly mated with the natives?
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c79/bebop5/355808bb.jpg

KB3LAZ
12-31-2011, 04:32 AM

What, no 'ahorita'? :P Pilar hates the word ahorita.

Tbh it does not matter the region. Mexico, south America, Spain etc; Spanish differs from place to place but so does English. As per normal generation to generation as well. Pilars sister speaks a lot of slang and there is where the big difference seems to be. When they first met, Cris (sister in-law) and my friend Nem, they could not communicate well at all. Two regions slang just did not mix well.

Now these days Cris seems to Speak 'Spanglish'. Pilar on the other hand being a language teacher of both English and Spanish does not use slang in either language. However when we first met I used to get a chuckle out of her vocabulary. Much like here we learn Mexican academy Spanish, Spain learns British English. Hyper Market and Chemist made me chuckle most.

kf0rt
12-31-2011, 07:19 AM
Neumático y manillar del pepino de la cebolla de la salsa del escape de la tuerca de tornillo del barco.

tire and handlebars cucumber onion sauce escape from the ship's screw nut. (???)

WV6Z
12-31-2011, 09:03 AM
"Whore Hey boosh"

Fixed that for ya bro.

tire and handlebars cucumber onion sauce escape from the ship's screw nut. (???)

Hey, it COULD happen.

kb2vxa
12-31-2011, 03:00 PM
"About the last thing you want to do if you're going to España is to learn to speak the language like a Mexican."

No, I would say Puerto Rican. I remember a ham in Madrid on 20M who hated the dialect so much he refused to speak to Puerto Ricans and said some pretty nasty things whenever the subject came up. I don't understand his hatred but I understand the difficulty understanding that guttural language that sounds like they're choking on something and the weird pronunciation. Hey, I thought Charo was the hoochie coochie girl but in Puerto Rico they drive them.

w3bny
12-31-2011, 05:23 PM
On the road back. Just wanted to torture y'all

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b220/Bunnieman/IMG_20111231_164603.jpg

Tacos details lengua. & tripas. Menudo and caldo de rez. And did I mention fresh tortillas de maiz. Probably won't be home till late so feliz ano nuevo. More later

W5GA
12-31-2011, 07:05 PM
That looks yummy! You are an evil man...

K7SGJ
12-31-2011, 07:22 PM
On the road back. Just wanted to torture y'all

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b220/Bunnieman/IMG_20111231_164603.jpg

Tacos details lengua. & tripas. Menudo and caldo de rez. And did I mention fresh tortillas de maiz. Probably won't be home till late so feliz ano nuevo. More later

That's mean. If you get the shitz from that, it serves you right. Unless, of course, you got enough for everyone.

w3bny
12-31-2011, 08:17 PM
That's mean. If you get the shitz from that, it serves you right. Unless, of course, you got enough for everyone.

Depends on what column your selecting from there OM

N8YX
12-31-2011, 08:34 PM
Just got back from our favorite place. Had absolutely nothing to drink, and had our table carrying on so loudly that I almost got us thrown out. The dolled-up ex-MILF and her date who sat beside us were less than amused...

KG4CGC
01-01-2012, 06:40 AM
tire and handlebars cucumber onion sauce escape from the ship's screw nut. (???)4 8 15 16 23 42

WV6Z
01-01-2012, 10:29 AM
4 8 15 16 23 42

Have I told you how much I love you lately?

KG4CGC
01-02-2012, 12:23 AM
Happens a lot on the new year.

K7SGJ
01-02-2012, 09:57 AM
4 8 15 16 23 42

AH HA

I knew my Little Orphan Annie decoder ring would come in handay some day.
Letsee
4 uh huh 8 yep 15 16 okay 23 right and 42

You stepped in WHAT?

KG4CGC
01-03-2012, 01:55 AM
AH HA

I knew my Little Orphan Annie decoder ring would come in handay some day.
Letsee
4 uh huh 8 yep 15 16 okay 23 right and 42

You stepped in WHAT?

http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/The_Numbers

ad4mg
01-03-2012, 04:10 AM
http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/The_Numbers
That's interesting ... :shifty:

w3bny
01-03-2012, 12:39 PM
4 8 15 16 23 42

Hey...when did we start transmitting Radio Bingo Clandestina!

Ende...ende...ende!

kb2vxa
01-03-2012, 05:24 PM
A shortwave numbers station on the Island?

w3bny
01-03-2012, 09:16 PM
A shortwave numbers station on the Island?

That when translated...means ab-so-lootely....butkus! We are just Misinformation..

kb2vxa
01-04-2012, 04:40 PM
Dick Butkus? Oh, and I thought we were Misfits in formation.

w3bny
01-04-2012, 07:50 PM
He said Dickbut

KG4CGC
01-04-2012, 08:17 PM
He said Dickbut

That reminds me of an overheard conversation coming out of the kitchen of Red Lobster.
PM me for details. If you dare!

W3WN
01-04-2012, 09:26 PM
That when translated...means ab-so-lootely....butkus! We are just Misinformation..Ah, Ren, I think you meant "bupkus." You're typing with an accent again, go easy on the carrots.

W3WN
01-04-2012, 09:29 PM
A shortwave numbers station on the Island?Back when I was a young SWL (pre-Novice days), I came across a numbers station in the 8 MHz band.

I can still remember the sequence... YL with a thick Spanish accent, obviously on a tape being repeated...

One Two Three Four Five Six Seven
Six Eight Three
Six Eight Three

Pause, rinse and repeat. For several days.

No idea what they meant. And they never hit for me on the Pa Lottery, either.

kb2vxa
01-05-2012, 07:04 PM
Radio Havana in the off hours, 5 number groups usually in Spanish. Of course you have no idea what they meant, you're not supposed to know spy code.

W3WN
01-05-2012, 08:25 PM
Radio Havana in the off hours, 5 number groups usually in Spanish. Of course you have no idea what they meant, you're not supposed to know spy code.It was a Spanish accent, but it was in English. So probably not the Voice of Castro.

KG4CGC
01-06-2012, 01:34 AM
Radio Havana in the off hours, 5 number groups usually in Spanish. Of course you have no idea what they meant, you're not supposed to know spy code.

There's only one rule in spy code:

n2ize
01-07-2012, 06:44 PM

Very hard to crack spy numbers. They use a key but only once. After the message the key is destroyed along with the ciphertext and the plaintext. Only weakness is if they make a mistake and reuse the same key. Otherwise its almost fool proof.