PDA

View Full Version : New Year's resolutions...

W1GUH
12-29-2011, 07:23 PM
1) Get out and meet more Islanders face-to-face. So far I've met 3...all were well worth the effort. Want to do MORE that way this year. Hey, c'mon out to the hamfests you can get to. You'll be really glad you did. And you get the added pleasure of hamfest food!

2) Work more islanders. I know, I know, my on-air time is limited by circumstances. Ah, well...will keep posting when I'll be mobil'ing. Meeting up on ECAS 7255 really works well.

Only "worked" two islanders so far. Tried with Albi about 3 weeks in a row a while back, but propagation wasn't with us. Worked the furry on 75, but conditions were "barely copyable". We could hear each other & it was good to hear an islander through the aether.

3) Get the G-76 on the air with a good mic. Been waaaaaayyyyyy too long since I had a decent sounding AM rig -- going on 2 decades. MUCH too long.

4) Get the Heathkit Mobile twins (Comanche, Cheyenne) on the air. This is pure nostalgia...both for the early 60's and when I had good ol' dependable scratchy on the air in the early 90's. The styling of the mobile twins make them a perfect "miniature" Apache/Mohawk rig...AND with a better Rx, to boot!

5) Get the AF-67 on the air and make at least one 160 Mtr. plate-modulated mobile QSO! Got the antenna and receiver for it, AND a 600w inverter so I can use the AC supply.

6) Hope and pray that the world figures out a better way for peoples everywhere to play more nicely together.

7) Be around to make more resolutions next year.

Happy New Year, Island of Misfit Hams!

N8YX
12-29-2011, 07:35 PM
I can help you with 2 and possibly 1 if you're going to Dayton or Breezeshooters.

We're going to celebrate 'DSG's birthday again while there, and all the Island alcoholics/party animalsconnoisseurs of fine spirits (alcohol-based or otherwise) are cordially invited to join us. With luck, we might get kicked out of the restaurant. :yes:

W1GUH
12-29-2011, 07:38 PM
Dayton's a real stretch...where is breezshooters?

N8YX
12-29-2011, 07:53 PM
Dayton's a real stretch...where is breezshooters?

Butler, PA.

1st weekend in June. Ron, 'WN will hook you up with details.

We would love to trek out your way for a 'fest or other event but given the fact that 'DSG works retail (which implies weekends), she can't just skedaddle on a whim.

kf0rt
12-29-2011, 08:09 PM
1) Get the kids TF outta my house.

2) Turn the radio on more.

In that order.

W1GUH
12-29-2011, 08:46 PM
Butler, PA.

1st weekend in June. Ron, 'WN will hook you up with details.

We would love to trek out your way for a 'fest or other event but given the fact that 'DSG works retail (which implies weekends), she can't just skedaddle on a whim.

Deerfield!