PDA

View Full Version : Yeasu separating from Motorola

PA5COR
12-29-2011, 08:33 AM
Effective 1/1/2012, Yaesu will split from it's parent company Motorola, after four years of ownership. In the U.S., the company will be known as Yaesu USA, while going by the name Yaesu Musen internationally. Motorola will retain the Vertex Standard Land Mobile Radio product line, while Yaesu will contain the Amateur, Aircraft, and Marine products.

The ARRL has a press release here (http://www.arrl.org/news/view/yaesu-s-amateur-radio-division-breaks-with-motorola-changes-name-to-yaesu-musen). :chin::mrgreen:

NQ6U
12-29-2011, 10:39 AM
Probably good for Yaesu. I've known a number of people who worked for Motorola and they all told me that the management style there is really terrible. In fact, Motorola is the company on which Scott Adams based his comic strip Dilbert.

kf0rt
12-29-2011, 10:48 AM
I thought Dilbert was based on PacBell...

NQ6U
12-29-2011, 10:50 AM
I thought Dilbert was based on PacBell...

Adams used to work for PacBell (before it got merged with SW Bell) but he has said that the basic concept for the company Dilbert works for came from friends who worked for Motorola.

kf0rt
12-29-2011, 10:54 AM
I sit corrected. :)

W3WN
12-29-2011, 11:46 AM
So in short, Motorola bought Yaesu to get their hands on the Vertex line, and now that they've done so, they're spinning the rest of the company back out.

Look on the bright side... it's not like they sold the product line to MFJ.

N8YX
12-29-2011, 06:38 PM
So in short, Motorola bought Yaesu to get their hands on the Vertex line, and now that they've done so, they're spinning the rest of the company back out.

The brighter side yet is that when Google effectively swallows Motorola up, Yaesu will now be clear of the ensuing mess.

KC2UGV
01-03-2012, 02:46 PM
The brighter side yet is that when Google effectively swallows Motorola up, Yaesu will now be clear of the ensuing mess.

Yaesue FT-2001 - Running Android 4.0 :rofl:

W7XF
01-08-2012, 06:06 PM
Yaesue FT-2001 - Running Android 4.0 :rofl:
Oh, PUHHHHLEEZ!

W7XF
01-08-2012, 06:06 PM
removed dupe

W5RB
01-08-2012, 08:00 PM
Adams used to work for PacBell (before it got merged with SW Bell) but he has said that the basic concept for the company Dilbert works for came from friends who worked for Motorola.

I worked for Motorola , albeit briefly . While I thought the Dilbert strip was PacBell based , I can so believe it was modeled on Motorola , based on my experience in the Harvard facility .

W5RB
01-08-2012, 08:03 PM

Looking at it another way , "you can buy this company if you promise not to compete with us in the lucrative land mobile market " but if you say it that way , it'd be illegal ;-)