PDA

View Full Version : Island ARC—Request For Comment

NQ6U
12-27-2011, 10:24 PM
There is serious consideration being given to the organization of an Island of Misfit Hams Amateur Radio Club with plans to eventually use W3MIV as our club call sign in honor of the late great Albert Schramm—Albi's wife permitting, of course. I have volunteered to take on the duties of the club call sign trustee and was thinking of making it a very loose-knit club: no dues, no officers, anyone who's an active Islander will be eligible for membership just by asking. However, before I go ahead and get the ball rolling, I'd like some input from the other Islanders about what they they think of the idea, how they'd like to the club to be organized (assuming they want to see a club at all) etc.

K7SGJ
12-27-2011, 10:36 PM
I'm all for it. The idea of the club call, and the name is perfect. An informal newsletter has been kicked around as well as a few other ideas. There is interest in PSK31 as well as cwand ssb.
Looks like something for everyone once the details get hammered out.

KG4CGC
12-27-2011, 10:51 PM
I'm in. Don't know what input to add. Guess that will come later.

VE7DCW
12-27-2011, 10:59 PM
I think it's a good idea as well. You may be surprised at how popular it could become...... another cool idea that could make Zedheaders standing with their mouths open :mrgreen:

Not that I would use that as an excuse to try it.

..... but..... you never know :rock:

definately if it had something for anyone!!!!

kb2crk
12-28-2011, 12:11 AM
I say go for it. I am in also. Something for everyone is a great idea.

W2NAP
12-28-2011, 12:14 AM
i like it. roll with it.

W1GUH
12-28-2011, 01:13 AM
Count me in!

W4GPL
12-28-2011, 01:42 AM
You certainly have my support..

N8YX
12-28-2011, 03:18 AM
In. Dave cooked up some good phonetics for it...:snicker:

N7YA
12-28-2011, 04:36 AM
I think its a great idea. Awards for working certain numbers of Islanders? Get some activity on the air....

WV6Z
12-28-2011, 06:01 AM
Sounds great to me, I'm all for it!

mw0uzo
12-28-2011, 06:20 AM
i'm in :)

W3WN
12-28-2011, 09:58 AM
You know I'm in already, but I'll post this anyway & make it official.

K7SGJ
12-28-2011, 10:03 AM
You know I'm in already, but I'll post this anyway & make it official.

Thanks, WE'VE all been waiting on YOU. Shessh. :lol:

n6hcm
12-28-2011, 10:03 AM
sounds good to me. i usppose there has to be some skeletal organization to manage the club's asset (the call sign) but that shouldn't get in the way of getting things done.

W3WN
12-28-2011, 10:39 AM
Thanks, WE'VE all been waiting on YOU. Shessh. :lol:Waiting on me? Surely you know better than that. (cue: Leslie Nielsen)

W3WN
12-28-2011, 10:42 AM
sounds good to me. i usppose there has to be some skeletal organization to manage the club's asset (the call sign) but that shouldn't get in the way of getting things done.
IIRC, to comply with FCC rules, in order to qualify for a club call, we will need an organizing document (by-laws, that sort of stuff) of some sort. We need to have regularly scheduled meetings, and we probably need a formal structure for club officers. Of course, there are a good many paper clubs that exist that have these things but do little or anything, still, the proprieties must be observed.

WX7P
12-28-2011, 11:20 AM
IIRC, to comply with FCC rules, in order to qualify for a club call, we will need an organizing document (by-laws, that sort of stuff) of some sort. We need to have regularly scheduled meetings, and we probably need a formal structure for club officers. Of course, there are a good many paper clubs that exist that have these things but do little or anything, still, the proprieties must be observed.

Beat me to it.

K7SGJ
12-28-2011, 12:12 PM
Next time we'll just beat you.

N8YX
12-28-2011, 12:30 PM
We need to have regularly scheduled meetings, and we probably need a formal structure for club officers.

This will involve the services of our bartender, naturally.

kb2vxa
12-28-2011, 12:35 PM
"Surely you know better than that. (cue: Leslie Nielsen)"
And you can stop calling me Shirley.

You can count me in if you don't mind a hard wired ham... but you KNOW I'm a born Misfit radio or not. I got a chuckle out of one of the comments, we tweaked Phred's beak from the start, now some salt for the wound. (;->)

N2CHX
12-28-2011, 12:35 PM
I'm cool with it as long as it's really done for fun and enjoyment instead of yet another way to try and shit on the zed and as long as no one is ever excluded for any reason beyond their control (race/religious beliefs/political stance/etc -- and BTW being a dick is something you CAN control, just sayin').

WØTKX
12-28-2011, 12:44 PM
In. Dave cooked up some good phonetics for it...:snicker:

Umm yea. Cough cough, ahem...

CQ, CQ, CQ! This is W3MIV, W3MIV, Whiskey Thaaaaareeeeee Misfit Island Vermin!

Calling all Misfits!

KA9MOT
12-28-2011, 12:46 PM
I'm in!

N2CHX
12-28-2011, 12:46 PM

CQ, CQ, CQ! This is W3MIV, W3MIV, Whiskey Thaaaaareeeeee Misfit Island Vermin Calling all Misfits!

:wtf:
:-|
:squint:
:chin:
:twisted:
:lol:
:shhh:
:cool2:

NQ6U
12-28-2011, 01:27 PM
Proposed Island of Misfit Hams Radio Club Constitution

Preamble

We, the Membership of the Island of Misfit Hams Radio Club, desiring to secure for ourselves the pleasures and benefits of the association of persons commonly interested in amateur radio, constitute ourselves the Island of Misfit Hams Radio Club and enact this constitution as the governing law. It shall be our purpose to further the exchange of information and cooperation between members, to promote and encourage technical advancement, excellence and experimentation by its members, to assist members and prospective amateurs in achieving fraternalism and high standards of conduct in such a manner as to advance the general interest and welfare of amateur radio.

Article I

MEMBERSHIP:
Membership shall be open to all persons interested in amateur radio who have been active participants at www.hamisland.net (http://www.hamisland.net) over the previous six months.

Article II

OFFICERS:

SECTION I - The officers of this club shall be President, Vice President, Secretary and Trustee. They shall perform such duties as are set forth in the constitution and the by-laws.

SECTION 2 - The officers of this club shall be elected for a term of one year. All voting shall be done publicly on a forum thread at www.hamisland.net (http://www.hamisland.net) as started by the President. Candidates for office may be nominated by any member at any time prior to the balloting.

SECTION 3 - Elected officers may succeed themselves indefinitely.

SECTION 4 - Vacancies occurring between elections must be filled by special elections at the first regularly scheduled online meeting following the withdrawal or resignation of the officer.

SECTION 5 - Officers may be removed by a three fourths majority vote of those present and voting at any properly called online meeting at which a voting quorum is present. A motion for removal of a club officer must be made one month prior to the date at which the removal vote will occur.

SECTION 6 - The Executive Board shall consist of all elected officers of the Club.

Article III

VOTING QUORUM:

One fifth (1/5) of the membership shall constitute a quorum for the conduct of business at any online meeting.

Article IV

DUTIES OF THE OFFICERS:

SECTION I - The President shall preside at all online meetings of the Club and conduct the same according to the rules adopted herein. He/she shall appoint committees, and perform all other customary duties pertaining to the office of president.

SECTION 2 - The Vice President shall assume all the duties of the President in the absence of the latter and in the event of a vacancy occurring in that office he/she shall fulfill the remaining term of the office of President as set forth in Article II, SECTION 4 of this constitution.

SECTION 3 - The Secretary shall keep a record of the proceedings of all meetings, keep a roll of members, report to the Club new members, carry on all correspondence and such other duties as directed by the president and club by-laws. He/she will at the expiration of his/her term of office turn over all items and properties belonging to the Club to his/her successor.

SECTION 4 - The Trustee shall be responsible for the establishment and maintenance of the Club's call sign and equipment, if any. He/she shall keep a record of all property and equipment belonging to the Club which is not the responsibility of another officer or member, to include all equipment/property donations and the disposition thereof. He/she shall upon the expiration of his/her term of office turn over all items and property belonging to the Club to his/her successor.

Article V

PURPOSE(S):

To establish and effect an association of members interested in the furtherance of Amateur Radio and to further radio communications between Club members.

Article VI

LIMITATION OF LIABILITY:

The officers, directors, and members of the Club shall not be liable for its debts. This club is not affiliated with The Island of Misfit Hams or The Linux Technology Group, LLC, it's owners or officers and they shall not be liable for its debts or actions.

Article VII

ACTIVITIES TO BE LAWFUL:

To engage in any lawful act or activity for which the Club may be organized.

Article VIII

MEETINGS:
The by-laws shall provide for regular and special online meetings. At meetings a minimum of one-fifth (1/5) of the membership shall constitute a quorum for the transaction of business.

Article IX

DUES:

No dues will be assessed unless agreed upon by a 2/3 majority of the members via a vote on a thread at www.hamisland.net (http://www.hamisland.net) created by the Club president.

Article X

AMENDMENTS:

This constitution or the by-laws may be amended by a two-thirds vote of the total membership. Proposals for amendments shall be voted on at the next following regular online meeting, provided all members have been notified by mail or publication in the Club newsletter of the intent to amend the constitution and/or by-laws at said meeting.

Article XI

RULES:

Robot's' Rules of Order shall govern proceedings.

NQ6U
12-28-2011, 01:28 PM
Proposed Bylaws, Island of Misfit Hams Amateur Radio Club

OFFICERS:
All officers of the club shall be full members and hold a valid amateur radio license.

President - it shall be the power/privilege of the President to make such committee appointments as are necessary to carry out the business and basic purposes of the club.

Vice President - he/she shall preside at any online meeting from which the president is absent He/she shall be the Chairperson of the Programs Committee. Second Vice President - he/she shall, in addition to the duties outlined in the constitution, be Chairperson of the Membership Committee.

Secretary - it shall be the duty of the Secretary to keep the original copies of the constitution and by-laws. He/she shall cause all amendments, changes and additions to be noted thereon and shall permit the same to be consulted by members upon request.
Trustee - the Trustee will perform all duties as outlined in the constitution and appoint Alternate Trustee(s) to serve the club and assist in the maintenance of the club station(s) and properties.

MEMBERSHIP:
Membership shall be open to all persons who have been active participants at www.hamisland.net (http://www.hamisland.net) for the previous six months. Members must possess a valid and current amateur radio license. Application for membership may be submitted at any regular online club meeting, by a post at www.hamisland.net (http://www.hamisland.net) or by direct e-mail application to the President.

DUES:
Dues may be assessed by the Club if voted upon by a 2/3 majority of the membership.

MEETINGS:
Meetings shall be held monthly via a thread at www.hamisland.net (http://www.hamisland.net). The President shall have the power to call special meetings in the event of an emergency affecting the club and/or its members. Notification of a special meeting shall be by e-mail or a post at www.hamisland.net (http://www.hamisland.net).

COMMITTEES:
Should be avoided at all cost. However, the President may authorize such committees as he/she deems necessary to the continued welfare of the Club.

NQ6U
12-28-2011, 01:32 PM
Okay, there is a very generic constitution and set of bylaws as copied and modified by me from another club strictly for compliance to FCC rules. Suggestions are welcome.

K7SGJ
12-28-2011, 01:35 PM
Okay, there is a very generic constitution and set of bylaws as copied and modified by me from another club strictly for compliance to FCC rules. Suggestions are welcome.

You need to use bigger words.

KJ4FEL
12-28-2011, 02:21 PM
Count me in!

W3WN
12-28-2011, 03:22 PM
Next time we'll just beat you.Kinky

W3WN
12-28-2011, 03:23 PM
Naturally. In fact, our barkeep should be Chief Dictator to the Masses and Official Dispenser of Liquor and Delight.

W3WN
12-28-2011, 03:26 PM
We can have some fun with this. Especially when it comes to the Club Officers.

Besides Official Bartender... Sargeant at Arms. Sand Inspector. Bikini Inspector. Secret Hamster. And, of course, Chief Cook & Bottle Washer.

KG4CGC
12-28-2011, 03:36 PM
Oh boy! Laser pointers and slide shows!

KJ3N
12-28-2011, 03:51 PM
Kinky

Like stampeding cattle through the Vatican?

w2amr
12-28-2011, 03:57 PM
No thanks, I'm barely a member of society.:hand:

WX7P
12-28-2011, 06:20 PM
I'm cool with it as long as it's really done for fun and enjoyment instead of yet another way to try and shit on the zed and as long as no one is ever excluded for any reason beyond their control (race/religious beliefs/political stance/etc --

Incredibly valid point, thanks for bringing it up. We spend far too much time discussing the zed as it is.

KC9ECI
12-28-2011, 07:59 PM
Count me in. Sounds like fun to be had by all.

ki4itv
12-28-2011, 08:05 PM
No thanks, I'm barely a member of society.:hand:

:lol::lol:

KC9ECI
12-28-2011, 08:18 PM
Hey, I was recently domesticated and I'm almost housebroken. If I can do it, so can you.

W3WN
12-28-2011, 08:41 PM
I'm cool with it as long as it's really done for fun and enjoyment instead of yet another way to try and shit on the zed and as long as no one is ever excluded for any reason beyond their control (race/religious beliefs/political stance/etc -- and BTW being a dick is something you CAN control, just sayin').I see your point.

This should have nothing to do with another web site... the Zed or any others. This should be an organic growth from the general friendship and fellowship, the camaraderie, that "the regulars" on this site have developed over the last few years.

IMHO, membership should be available to anyone interested meeting a certain minimum criteria:
(a) A love of Amateur Radio
(b) An interest in friendship & fellowship
(c) A thick skin and a sense of humor, and a related willingness to treat his or her fellow amateur with respect, even when they disagree on an issue.

(Uh oh. That may rule out Philadelphia-area sports fans :evil: But I guess we can always make an exception.)

NQ6U
12-28-2011, 09:06 PM
Roger on all that, Ron and Kelli. The Zed has nothing to do with the club idea, it was primarily conceived as a way to honor Albi by keeping his call sign in use. The only thought I gave to that other Web site was in making six months of active participation here on this site a membership requirement just to prevent trolling by moles from elsewhere.

W7XF
12-28-2011, 11:46 PM

CQ, CQ, CQ! This is W3MIV, W3MIV, Whiskey Thaaaaareeeeee Misfit Island Vermin!

Calling all Misfits!

With EMPHASIS on the Whiskey!!

Club meeting: Easy enough...once a year at Dayton! :yes: :rock:

N7YA
12-29-2011, 12:17 AM
We can have some fun with this. Especially when it comes to the Club Officers.

Besides Official Bartender... Sargeant at Arms. Sand Inspector. Bikini Inspector. Secret Hamster. And, of course, Chief Cook & Bottle Washer.

Can i be director of Bass Operations? Ill need some bass operators if so....

w2amr
12-29-2011, 04:10 AM
(Uh oh. That may rule out Philadelphia-area sports fans :evil: But I guess we can always make an exception.):neener:

W4GPL
12-29-2011, 05:24 AM
I don't mean to be a kill joy, but make sure it's very clear that *.hamisland.net has no official oversight of this club. You're welcome to have your meetings on our forums, of course, and I'd be thrilled to host a website honoring Albi, but I can't mix the existing LLC with a non-profit club. It will just make things too tricky. My official position on this has to be very neutral, though I do strongly support the idea of doing something to honor Albi. If the FCC has too many regulations, maybe we can do something more understated.

W3WN
12-29-2011, 08:47 AM
I don't mean to be a kill joy, but make sure it's very clear that *.hamisland.net has no official oversight of this club. You're welcome to have your meetings on our forums, of course, and I'd be thrilled to host a website honoring Albi, but I can't mix the existing LLC with a non-profit club. It will just make things too tricky. My official position on this has to be very neutral, though I do strongly support the idea of doing something to honor Albi. If the FCC has too many regulations, maybe we can do something more understated.That's a very good point.

We should clearly define the relationship(s) between the website and the ARC (presuming it actually comes to pass) so that there is no misunderstanding down the road what's what. And that includes use of the terms like the name "The Island of Misfit Hams". A boring legal neccessity, but it saves a lot of heartburn down the road.

W5GA
12-29-2011, 08:53 AM
I'm in. Carlo, one thing I think needs a bit of discussion here is the definition of "active on the forum" for membership/officership. What constitutes activity? My thought is that a drive by poster being elected president would be a bad thing. Not that it's likely, but I've seen stranger things happen in conventional clubs when a political rift develops (as it surely will at some point), so I think it should be addressed.

NQ6U
12-29-2011, 10:19 AM
I don't mean to be a kill joy, but make sure it's very clear that *.hamisland.net has no official oversight of this club. You're welcome to have your meetings on our forums, of course, and I'd be thrilled to host a website honoring Albi, but I can't mix the existing LLC with a non-profit club. It will just make things too tricky.

Sure thing, Jeff, I will modify the constitution and bylaws. We don't even have to use the IOMHARC name, I just plugged it in for convenience sake.

NQ6U
12-29-2011, 10:24 AM
I'm in. Carlo, one thing I think needs a bit of discussion here is the definition of "active on the forum" for membership/officership. What constitutes activity? My thought is that a drive by poster being elected president would be a bad thing. Not that it's likely, but I've seen stranger things happen in conventional clubs when a political rift develops (as it surely will at some point), so I think it should be addressed.

I agree, Doug, and that's why I put everything up for comment. My thinking was that members would need to made a least X number of posts per day over the past six months, that number X being one of the things we need to decide on. On the other hand, this club is so nebulous that the only person who really has any power at all is the call sign trustee.

kb2vxa
12-29-2011, 11:23 AM
A paper club of 4 or more members with the simple name Misfits ARC shouldn't cause any legal issues with the LLC or the FCC. Can't be too formal with members scattered internationally and a charter really is all that's necessary, as a separate entity it doesn't need to be connected to the web site so for my 2c we're good to go.

HI-O MISFITS... AWAY!

W3WN
12-29-2011, 11:30 AM
A paper club of 4 or more members with the simple name Misfits ARC shouldn't cause any legal issues with the LLC or the FCC. Can't be too formal with members scattered internationally and a charter really is all that's necessary, as a separate entity it doesn't need to be connected to the web site so for my 2c we're good to go.

HI-O MISFITS... AWAY!I like this.

The "club" is the Misfits of Amateur Radio Club, or Misfits ARC for short. And we "hang out" at the Island of Misfit Hams web site. I like the symmetry of that!

NQ6U
12-29-2011, 11:38 AM
Jeff, here's a modified version of the Constitution that should take care of any problems. I changed the name and modified Article VI to make clear the separation between the club and the LLC.

Doug, I specified what constitutes "active membership" as well.

Proposed Misfit Hams Amateur Radio Club Constitution

CONSTITUTION

Preamble

We, the Membership of the Misfit Hams Amateur Radio Club, Inc. desiring to secure for ourselves the pleasures and benefits of the association of persons commonly interested in amateur radio, constitute ourselves the Misfit Hams Amateur Radio Club and enact this constitution as the governing law. It shall be our purpose to further the exchange of information and cooperation between members, to promote and encourage technical advancement, excellence and experimentation by its members, to assist members and prospective amateurs in achieving fraternalism and high standards of conduct in such a manner as to advance the general interest and welfare of amateur radio.

Article I

MEMBERSHIP:
Membership shall be open to all persons interested in amateur radio who have been active participants at www.hamisland.net (http://www.hamisland.net) over the previous six months. For the purpose of Club membership, an active participant will be someone who has made at least 100 forum posts in a six month period at the time of membership application.

Article II

OFFICERS:

SECTION I - The officers of this club shall be President, Vice President, Secretary and Trustee. They shall perform such duties as are set forth in the constitution and the by-laws.

SECTION 2 - The officers of this club shall be elected for a term of one year. All voting shall be done publicly on a forum thread at www.hamisland.net (http://www.hamisland.net) as started by the President. Candidates for office may be nominated by any member at any time prior to the balloting.

SECTION 4 - Vacancies occurring between elections must be filled by special elections at the first regularly scheduled online meeting following the withdrawal or resignation of the officer.

SECTION 5 - Officers may be removed by a three fourths majority vote of those present and voting at any properly called online meeting at which a voting quorum is present. A motion for removal of a club officer must be made one month prior to the date at which the removal vote will occur.

SECTION 6 - The Executive Board shall consist of all elected officers of the Club.

Article III

VOTING QUORUM:

One fifth (1/5) of the membership shall constitute a quorum for the conduct of business at any online meeting.

Article IV

DUTIES OF THE OFFICERS:

SECTION I - The President shall preside at all online meetings of the Club and conduct the same according to the rules adopted herein. He/she shall appoint committees, and perform all other customary duties pertaining to the office of president.

SECTION 2 - The Vice President shall assume all the duties of the President in the absence of the latter and in the event of a vacancy occurring in that office he/she shall fulfill the remaining term of the office of President as set forth in Article II, SECTION 4 of this constitution.

SECTION 3 - The Secretary shall keep a record of the proceedings of all meetings, keep a roll of members, report to the Club new members, carry on all correspondence and such other duties as directed by the president and club by-laws. He/she will at the expiration of his/her term of office turn over all items and properties belonging to the Club to his/her successor.

SECTION 4 - The Trustee shall be responsible for the establishment and maintenance of the Club's call sign and equipment, if any. He/she shall keep a record of all property and equipment belonging to the Club which is not the responsibility of another officer or member, to include all equipment/property donations and the disposition thereof. He/she shall upon the expiration of his/her term of office turn over all items and property belonging to the Club to his/her successor.

Article V

PURPOSE(S):

To establish and effect an association of members interested in the furtherance of Amateur Radio and to further radio communications between Club members.

Article VI

LIMITATION OF LIABILITY:

The officers, directors, and members of the Club shall not be liable for its debts. This club is not affiliated with The Island of Misfit Hams or The Linux Technology Group, LLC, it's owners or officers and they shall not be liable for its debts or responsible for its actions.

Article VII

ACTIVITIES TO BE LAWFUL:

Article VIII

MEETINGS:
The by-laws shall provide for regular and special online meetings. At meetings a minimum of one-fifth (1/5) of the membership shall constitute a quorum for the transaction of business.

Article IX

DUES:

No dues will be assessed unless agreed upon by a 2/3 majority of the members via a vote on a thread at www.hamisland.net (http://www.hamisland.net) created by the Club president.

Article X

AMENDMENTS:

This constitution or the by-laws may be amended by a two-thirds vote of the total membership. Proposals for amendments shall be voted on at the next following regular online meeting, provided all members have been notified by mail or publication in the Club newsletter of the intent to amend the constitution and/or by-laws at said meeting.

Article XI

RULES:

PA5COR
12-29-2011, 12:53 PM
I can liv with that so i'm in ;) ( please pretty please ;) )

K7SGJ
12-29-2011, 01:03 PM

HI-O MISFITS... AWAY!

Where in the hell are we going to find 4 people that get along?

w2amr
12-29-2011, 01:05 PM
Jeff, here's a modified version of the Constitution that should take care of any problems. I changed the name and modified Article VI to make clear the separation between the club and the LLC.

Doug, I specified what constitutes "active membership" as well.

Proposed Misfit Hams Amateur Radio Club Constitution

CONSTITUTION

Preamble

We, the Membership of the Misfit Hams Amateur Radio Club, Inc. desiring to secure for ourselves the pleasures and benefits of the association of persons commonly interested in amateur radio, constitute ourselves the Misfit Hams Amateur Radio Club and enact this constitution as the governing law. It shall be our purpose to further the exchange of information and cooperation between members, to promote and encourage technical advancement, excellence and experimentation by its members, to assist members and prospective amateurs in achieving fraternalism and high standards of conduct in such a manner as to advance the general interest and welfare of amateur radio.

Article I

MEMBERSHIP:
Membership shall be open to all persons interested in amateur radio who have been active participants at www.hamisland.net (http://www.hamisland.net) over the previous six months. For the purpose of Club membership, an active participant will be someone who has made at least 100 forum posts in a six month period at the time of membership application.

Article II

OFFICERS:

Article III

VOTING QUORUM:

Article IV

DUTIES OF THE OFFICERS:

Article V

PURPOSE(S):

Article VI

LIMITATION OF LIABILITY:

The officers, directors, and members of the Club shall not be liable for its debts. This club is not affiliated with The Island of Misfit Hams or The Linux Technology Group, LLC, it's owners or officers and they shall not be liable for its debts or responsible for its actions.

Article VII

ACTIVITIES TO BE LAWFUL:

Article VIII

MEETINGS:

Article IX

DUES:

Article X

AMENDMENTS:

Article XI

RULES:

God Damn, I've seen corporate mergers that were less complicated.

NQ6U
12-29-2011, 01:07 PM
I can liv with that so i'm in ;) ( please pretty please ;) )

I dunno. Can we let furriners in?

NQ6U
12-29-2011, 01:13 PM
Okay, we got a shit-ton o' members (we only need four) a charter/constitution and bylaws and a trustee (me). We need officers before I can apply for a club call sign. Do we have any suckers volunteers who would like to nominate themselves for the positions of president, VP or secretary?

kf0rt
12-29-2011, 01:21 PM
I volunteer George for President. :yes: :lol:

WA4TM
12-29-2011, 01:27 PM
I volunteer George for President. :yes: :lol:

Second!!!:clap:

K7SGJ
12-29-2011, 01:48 PM
All in favor? AYE

Opposed? <crickets>

W3WN
12-29-2011, 02:17 PM
I dunno. Can we let furriners in?
Get his butt over here for a weekend. There should be at least two other VE's on the Island besides me. We'll test him, get him a ticket, and then he'll be One Of Us 'Mericans!

Then we'll all head over to the bar. First round's on Cor. All welcome.

w2amr
12-29-2011, 02:46 PM
I volunteer George for President. :yes: :lol:I respectfully decline. However, If you need somebody to sweep the floor after the meetings........

WØTKX
12-29-2011, 03:00 PM
However, If you need somebody to sweep the floor after the meetings........

Ahem. That is the President's main job. :mrgreen:

KJ3N
12-29-2011, 03:04 PM
I respectfully decline. However, If you need somebody to sweep the floor after the meetings........

"I will not accept if nominated and will not serve if elected." - William Tecumseh Sherman

w2amr
12-29-2011, 03:13 PM
Ahem. That is the President's main job. :mrgreen:
That is, after the urinal cakes are changed.

W3WN
12-29-2011, 03:14 PM
"I will not accept if nominated and will not serve if elected." - William Tecumseh ShermanPersonally, I prefer

I don't care to belong to a club that accepts people like me as members.

WA4TM
12-29-2011, 04:19 PM
I respectfully decline. However, If you need somebody to sweep the floor after the meetings........

Don't forget to check the coke machines for change!!!!:lol:

KJ3N
12-29-2011, 04:32 PM
Don't forget to check the coke machines for change!!!!:lol:

You're going to have to answer to the Coca-Cola company.

http://www.black-and-white-movies.com/images/dr-strangelove-cola-wars.png

w2amr
12-29-2011, 04:57 PM
Don't forget to check the coke machines for change!!!!:lol:Employee fringe benefits for the new millennium.

kb2vxa
12-29-2011, 05:38 PM
"Robot's' Rules of Order shall govern proceedings."
> Everyone knows humans are inferior to robots.
Bender, Futurama

"Where in the hell are we going to find 4 people that get along?"
Congress?

"Can we let furriners in?"
We already have Teh Bunneh if we can find him. Oh, I thought you said furries.

"That is, after the urinal cakes are changed."
That comes after sweeping the floor.

"Don't forget to check the coke machines for change!!!!"
> Employee fringe benefits for the new millennium.

Looks like we're off to a good start!
(cue Strauss; Bahn Frei Polka)

kf0rt
12-29-2011, 06:06 PM
All those in favor?

NQ6U
12-29-2011, 06:08 PM
Aye! (what did I just vote for?)

K7SGJ
12-29-2011, 07:08 PM
To bake some more urinal cakes, I think.

W1GUH
12-29-2011, 07:11 PM
I fell asleep half way through the constitution. Guess I didn't have the constitution for it. All that legal mumo-jumbo.

Guess that's abso-fuckin'-lutely necessary for a club call sign? Like, the FCC needs to see a copy of the constitution & by-laws? Kind of a pity. A parody of the usual blahblahblah of legalese found in constitutions could be really fun! But, prolly the FCC doesn't have that kind of sense of humor?

But I do think it's a wonderful way to honor and remember Albi! Fer sure.

K7SGJ
12-29-2011, 07:21 PM
Of course, whoever winds up being President will have to cough up a birth certificate; and none of this live birth document bullshit, either.

N7YA
12-29-2011, 07:25 PM
And once a president is elected, should we have two designated talk show personalities to attack/defend them at every turn? All depending on what mode they choose to operate with, of course.

kf0rt
12-29-2011, 07:26 PM
Of course, whoever winds up being President will have to cough up a birth certificate; and none of this live birth document bullshit, either.

Damn tootin'.

W1GUH
12-29-2011, 07:30 PM
And once a president is elected, should we have two designated talk show personalities to attack/defend them at every turn? All depending on what mode they choose to operate with, of course.

Oh, I'm pretty sure there will be plenty of those!

Jeff K1NSS
12-29-2011, 07:38 PM
"Robot's' Rules of Order shall govern proceedings."
> Everyone knows humans are inferior to robots.
Bender, Futurama

"Where in the hell are we going to find 4 people that get along?"
Congress?

"Can we let furriners in?"
We already have Teh Bunneh if we can find him. Oh, I thought you said furries.

"That is, after the urinal cakes are changed."
That comes after sweeping the floor.

"Don't forget to check the coke machines for change!!!!"
> Employee fringe benefits for the new millennium.

Looks like we're off to a good start!
(cue Strauss; Bahn Frei Polka)

What's all this I hear about FURRIERS being let in? Next thing ya know we'll be recruiting baby seal clubbers...from which it's a slippery slope to head-shrinking Amazonian tribesmen...and other (shudder) foreigners.

W1GUH
12-29-2011, 07:40 PM
Fred the Furrier for President!

NQ6U
12-29-2011, 07:41 PM
Somebody's got to step up. It's not like you're going to actually have to do anything, you know.

Jeff K1NSS
12-29-2011, 07:42 PM
Fred the Furrier for President!

Fred ouhta forget about the Presidency and stick to painting with his partner Ives.

Jeff K1NSS
12-29-2011, 07:44 PM
Somebody's got to step up. It's not like you're going to actually have to do anything, you know.

Stepping up to doing nothing, now that's Misfit!

kb2vxa
12-29-2011, 09:20 PM
That Dash! avatar reminds me of New Year's Eve 1971 on 3885, the home of the original Misfits. BTW that was the night the Slimatron was unveiled by the infamous Timtron WA1 H Yell Arrr, an unmitigated disaster I'll never forget. Now I have found my niche among the most twisted minds of the known universe, authors of sick puns and sideways humor... a perfect fit. How's this for the Misfits ARC logo?

NQ6U
12-29-2011, 09:39 PM
Okay, you wimps, how about this:

I'll volunteer to be both president and trustee (nothing in the constitution says I can't) if two other people will take on VP and secretary.

KG4CGC
12-29-2011, 10:07 PM
OK. I'll be president.
Anyone second?

NQ6U
12-29-2011, 10:12 PM
I second!

KG4CGC
12-29-2011, 10:15 PM
Done deal.

kf0rt
12-29-2011, 10:40 PM
Chas, FTW. I'm way cool wid that.

W1GUH
12-29-2011, 11:56 PM
After all, aren't bartenders of Charles' caliber the first place you go for good advice? A caring ear? To get wasted?

NQ6U
12-30-2011, 12:51 AM
Okay, we got us a president and a trustee, now we need a VP and a secretary. This being pretty much a paper club, there will be little or nothing in the way of duties involved—is there anyone out there willing to sign on?

KG4CGC
12-30-2011, 02:03 AM
Your ARC needs you. We're looking for a few good men. (and a woman too)

W4GPL
12-30-2011, 02:16 AM
Let's do two important things..

A. Create a new thread specific to club business. Contain it there. Perhaps it's own segregated forum?
B. Create a domain and point it to that thread. IslandARC.org and W3MIV.org? I'll take care of this...

I really really really don't want to be a spoil sport, but it needs to be more clear that Misfit/Island ARC has no relationship to LTG LLC. I'll come up with some more specific wording in the morning. I'm 99% on board with this, I just don't want the IRS to knock on my door. ;) (again) This is an extremely important detail. Sorry. :(

KG4CGC
12-30-2011, 02:25 AM
You're not being a spoil sport.
Your President understands my Dark Overlord.

W4GPL
12-30-2011, 02:28 AM
:lol:

This is all a good thing, I just want to make sure everyone and everything is protected by law. I hope I'm not over analyzing things, but I've spent a long time trying to make sure everything is above board and legit. The IRS doesn't fuck around and it concerns me a great deal that we'd mix business with charity & memorials. HamIsland is not a profitable business by any stretch of the imagination, but it's owned by one. :)

WX7P
12-30-2011, 02:32 AM
Hmmm. Did I volunteer for VP? I thought I did. Yes, Yes I did.

KG4CGC
12-30-2011, 02:34 AM
OK. Where is a good place to start the correct thread or shall my Dark Overlord take to bear this task?

W4GPL
12-30-2011, 02:37 AM
OK.. Dark Overlord title needs to go away. :)

I'll start a new forum category with the same privileges as 'The Pub'. We can adjust that as required. That forum can be specific to all ARC activity. Have we formally settled on a name? Island ARC?

WX7P
12-30-2011, 02:37 AM

A. Create a new thread specific to club business. Contain it there. Perhaps it's own segregated forum?
B. Create a domain and point it to that thread. IslandARC.org and W3MIV.org? I'll take care of this...

I really really really don't want to be a spoil sport, but it needs to be more clear that Misfit/Island ARC has no relationship to LTG LLC. I'll come up with some more specific wording in the morning. I'm 99% on board with this, I just don't want the IRS to knock on my door. ;) (again) This is an extremely important detail. Sorry. :(

Of course all this is important.

Probably shouldn't use Albert's call for anything until we get permission from Barbra. That would be the right thing to do, even thought technically we don't have to ask on the domain name, just the club call, which I'd love to see us get.

I like IslandARC.org. or some derivative.

W4GPL
12-30-2011, 02:41 AM
Albert's call for anything until we get permission from Barbra. That would be the right thing to do, even thought technically we don't have to ask on the domain name, just the club call, which I'd love to see us get.Agreed. There's no technical obstacle to adding that domain after the fact.. "IslandARC.org" (or whatever we decide) can also be W3MIV.org once all the details are settled.

Are we OK with the idea of appointing Charles the official 'owner' of these domains? LTG LLC can't own them..

KG4CGC
12-30-2011, 02:49 AM
OK. I'll "own" them unless anyone here feels the name should be co-owned. I'd like Carl as a co-owner and possibly one more person IF they want to volunteer, otherwise a third is not necessary.
OK and sorry about the Dark Overlord stuff. Comedy.

W4GPL
12-30-2011, 02:56 AM
Comedy received. ;) I just don't want it to trend. :lol:

In a perfect world, IslandARC would be a 501(c) and that's who would "own" the domains. Unfortunately there's no such thing as co-ownership in the domain registration world. Initially to get things off the ground, someone would have to be personally responsible for the domains -- and as President, you're surely the best choice until things are settled. The forum (LTG LLC) has the funds available to pay for the cost of these domain names and would be thrilled to make the donation in Albi's name. So we can get the ball rolling.. and you can transfer ownership once all the t's are crossed and the i's are dotted.

KG4CGC
12-30-2011, 03:06 AM
OK. I believe this has just gone beyond my pay grade. I must step down as prez.
My apologies. I apolize

W4GPL
12-30-2011, 03:09 AM
OK. I believe this has just gone beyond my pay grade. I must step down as prez. This means the VP will have to step up and I'm sure NX6D is much more comfortable in legal dealings and probably much sharper with everything regarding what is necessary.
My apologies. I apolizePlease reconsider. I really didn't intend on making this overly complicated. A 501(c) can be established with as little as $10 in the treasury. But this is how a 'club' needs to be run..

KG4CGC
12-30-2011, 03:18 AM
Please reconsider. I really didn't intend on making this overly complicated. A 501(c) can be established with as little as $10 in the treasury. But this is how a 'club' needs to be run..It's not about the money directly but about complicating my tax set up. My wife and I file jointly and I am a dependent. I'll not piss her off! ☺ I'm clueless with this.

W4GPL
12-30-2011, 03:22 AM
Your stewardship of a non-profit should not impact your tax filings whatsoever.

KG4CGC
12-30-2011, 04:05 AM
OK OK, I'll do it.
i'LL be prez.

n6hcm
12-30-2011, 04:16 AM
IIRC, to comply with FCC rules, in order to qualify for a club call, we will need an organizing document (by-laws, that sort of stuff) of some sort. We need to have regularly scheduled meetings ...

don't we just have one continuous meeting?

n6hcm
12-30-2011, 04:23 AM
yes, i will step up to be the secretary. i've done it before for a real 501(c)3; this ought be much simpler.

(you sure you want to be a 501(c)3 here?)

W3WN
12-30-2011, 08:54 AM

I really really really don't want to be a spoil sport, but it needs to be more clear that Misfit/Island ARC has no relationship to LTG LLC. I'll come up with some more specific wording in the morning. I'm 99% on board with this, I just don't want the IRS to knock on my door. ;) (again) This is an extremely important detail. Sorry. :(I wouldn't go with W3MIV.org or any derivative therof until the group is formalized & the club call obtained. It just takes one joker to apply for the call just to upset the apple cart, so to speak. I know of a few cases where things like that have happened... two that come to mind was the "club" that took the W9WNV call off the shelf, just about the time that Don Miller was released from prison and got his ticket back; and after Jean Shepard K2ORS became a SK, there was some talk about a club or two obtaining the call en memoriam (I think one was related to a radio museum?) but a fan picked it up before that happened, while the wrangling was ongoing.

Might I suggest MisfitARC.org? If and (hopefully) when we get Albi's call en memoriam, then we can worry about that domain.

Beyond that, Jeff, I think you've made it quite clear that the group, once it's formalized and formed, will be a separate legal entity from this website and your LLC, as it has to be. So I think we're OK there... I can ask K3AIR about it, but I don't know how much Mike knows about IRS regulations -- he may know who to ask, though.

And I think we're close to the point, now that we've railroaded elected officers, to justify an "Island ARC" forum specifically for ARC related business. Which won't affect the usual operations on these shores, so long as our barkeep manages to retain his stock of colorful little umbrellas, and drinks to match.

W3WN
12-30-2011, 09:00 AM
OK.. Dark Overlord title needs to go away. :)

I'll start a new forum category with the same privileges as 'The Pub'. We can adjust that as required. That forum can be specific to all ARC activity. Have we formally settled on a name? Island ARC?OK. Dark Helmet (http://www.imdb.com/media/rm4100569856/tt0094012)probably suits you better anyway, especially since the original has retired.
(Not still playing with your dolls, are you?)

K7SGJ
12-30-2011, 09:49 AM
OK OK, I'll do it.
i'LL be prez.

All hail the Prez,,,,,,,,,All hail the Prez. :bowdown: :bowdown:

suddenseer
12-30-2011, 04:39 PM
Wow, a guy takes an electronic day off, and good stuff happens. Good times! Albi would be honored I would think. Charles, the prez. Carlos, the facilitator. This symphony is going to make some grand sweet music. You have my 99& support.

KG4CGC
12-30-2011, 04:50 PM
Wow, a guy takes an electronic day off, and good stuff happens. Good times! Albi would be honored I would think. Charles, the prez. Carlos, the facilitator. This symphony is going to make some grand sweet music. You have my 99& support.

If you have any special skills, come out with it now. I'm thinking I'm the low IQ figurehead of this outfit and our staff could use a few good men. (women too)

WX7P
12-30-2011, 04:56 PM
If you have any special skills, come out with it now. I'm thinking I'm the low IQ figurehead of this outfit and our staff could use a few good men. (women too)

I haven't been seconded yet for VP, but I have your back, Charles...

KG4CGC
12-30-2011, 05:00 PM
OK. Who seconds the "cat dominating the window line" signature picture for VP?
(not sure of the rules but I don't think I can)

W3WN
12-30-2011, 05:00 PM
I haven't been seconded yet for VP, but I have your back, Charles...OK, just remember, you asked for it...

SECOND!

suddenseer
12-30-2011, 05:05 PM
I haven't been seconded yet for VP, but I have your back, Charles...I second Janet.

PA5COR
12-30-2011, 05:10 PM
Janet for V.P. Hell yes!! ;)

KG4CGC
12-30-2011, 05:19 PM
*is this where I smack the gavel?*
*smacks gavel*
It's done.

N7YA
12-30-2011, 06:32 PM
All hail the Prez,,,,,,,,,All hail the Prez. :bowdown: :bowdown:

Wait! Doesnt Exxon and Pfizer have a say in this?

kb2vxa
12-30-2011, 07:07 PM
"Who seconds the "cat dominating the window line" signature picture for VP?"

Cat dominating? Looks like "kitty gets a hotfoot" to me.

n4aud
12-30-2011, 07:52 PM
I just found this thread, but it seems like a great idea and I am interested in being a member.

K7SGJ
12-30-2011, 07:54 PM
*is this where I smack the gavel?*
*smacks gavel*
It's done.

God damn it! That was my finger under there. Ya Bastid

Congrats to Charles, Janet, and Carlos. You guys rock. Albi would be, well, whatever means proud and has eleventeen syllables.

NQ6U
12-30-2011, 08:44 PM
For legal reasons, we may have some issues with using the Island as a club forum. There are a couple of options under consideration but no matter what, it's likely that we'll have to change the name to something that makes it clear that we're not connected with either hamisland.net or Jeff's LLC, The Linux Technology Group.

WX7P
12-30-2011, 08:54 PM
I just found this thread, but it seems like a great idea and I am interested in being a member.

I think you should be. Really.

You can post more often too...It'd be a good thing...

KC9ECI
12-30-2011, 10:46 PM
Will there be a secret handshake?

KG4CGC
12-30-2011, 10:47 PM
Will there be a secret handshake?

Ball in a cup.

edit: Oh wait. It must be friendly to all genders.

Pinky finger curl?

K7SGJ
12-30-2011, 11:03 PM
But, but, but, what about the warm honey shot from a grease gun, and the semi frozen Reddi Whip?

W4GPL
12-31-2011, 12:01 AM
For legal reasons, we may have some issues with using the Island as a club forum. There are a couple of options under consideration but no matter what, it's likely that we'll have to change the name to something that makes it clear that we're not connected with either hamisland.net or Jeff's LLC, The Linux Technology Group.I don't see any particular reason why you'd have to change the name. LTG LLC is business, but there's no reason why we can't have a community (fan club) like any other business. It just needs to be clear that LTG LLC is not the ARC and vice versa.

FWIW, "Linux Technology Group" is defunked. The new name is LTG LLC. :)

Also, it should be noted that over the last 24+ hours, I have been trying to find a way to unmerge LTG LLC and HamIsland so this would be easier on everyone.

n6hcm
12-31-2011, 12:27 AM
For legal reasons, we may have some issues with using the Island as a club forum.

actually, i don't think so. there are plenty of clubs that don't have a corporate relationship with their meeting place. folks just need to be clear early and often about what's going on.

WV6Z
12-31-2011, 10:23 AM
OK OK, I'll do it.
i'LL be prez.

Woo Hoo! Okay, but I think in keeping with the general Island theme, shouldn't 'Prez' be 'Big Kahuna'?

KG4CGC
12-31-2011, 10:43 AM
Woo Hoo! Okay, but I think in keeping with the general Island theme, shouldn't 'Prez' be 'Big Kahuna'?

http://baynature.org/articles/web-only-articles/californias-big-kahuna

(http://baynature.org/articles/web-only-articles/californias-big-kahuna)http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c79/bebop5/666b1935.jpg

It's more of a lagerhead thing.

w2amr
12-31-2011, 11:42 AM
OK OK, I'll do it.
i'LL be prez.
Can't wait to see you multi task.

w2amr
12-31-2011, 11:43 AM
Woo Hoo! Okay, but I think in keeping with the general Island theme, shouldn't 'Prez' be 'Big Kahuna'?I thought Kahunas came in pairs.

KG4CGC
12-31-2011, 11:44 AM
Thanks, George,
You're a swell guy.

K7SGJ
12-31-2011, 12:16 PM
http://baynature.org/articles/web-only-articles/californias-big-kahuna

(http://baynature.org/articles/web-only-articles/californias-big-kahuna)http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c79/bebop5/666b1935.jpg

It's more of a lagerhead thing.

Yeah, but the Big Lagerhead just doesn't have that "ring" to it.

W3WN
12-31-2011, 01:14 PM
For legal reasons, we may have some issues with using the Island as a club forum. There are a couple of options under consideration but no matter what, it's likely that we'll have to change the name to something that makes it clear that we're not connected with either hamisland.net or Jeff's LLC, The Linux Technology Group.Misfits of Amateur Radio Club...

No? How about Amateur Radio Misfits Society (ARMS)... or Misfits Amateur Radio Society (MARS)?

W3WN
12-31-2011, 01:16 PM
Will there be a secret handshake?Not if we tell you here, then it's not a secret, is it?

KG4CGC
12-31-2011, 01:17 PM
Misfits of Amateur Radio Club...

No? How about Amateur Radio Misfits Society (ARMS)... or Misfits Amateur Radio Society (MARS)?
Society of Hams Investigating Technology.

K7SGJ
12-31-2011, 03:33 PM
Misfits of Amateur Radio Club...

Misfits of Amateur Radio Club... (MARC)

The logo could be a hair lip dog on an island going "marc marc! "

N7YA
12-31-2011, 05:32 PM

SECOND!!! :yes:

ki4itv
12-31-2011, 05:44 PM

SECOND!!! :yes:

TURD! :lol:

w3bny
12-31-2011, 07:20 PM
Raises paw! Go!

KA9MOT
12-31-2011, 07:38 PM
Comedy received. ;) I just don't want it to trend. :lol:

In a perfect world, IslandARC would be a 501(c) and that's who would "own" the domains. Unfortunately there's no such thing as co-ownership in the domain registration world. Initially to get things off the ground, someone would have to be personally responsible for the domains -- and as President, you're surely the best choice until things are settled. The forum (LTG LLC) has the funds available to pay for the cost of these domain names and would be thrilled to make the donation in Albi's name. So we can get the ball rolling.. and you can transfer ownership once all the t's are crossed and the i's are dotted.

501(c) is a very good idea. That way we can be eligible to and can apply for Homeland Security Grants that would pay for the alcohol at our meetings. :clap:

NQ6U
12-31-2011, 08:11 PM
TURD! :lol:

No, that would be the ARC associated with another ham radio Web site: Totally Uninformed Radio Dufuses.

Jeff K1NSS
01-01-2012, 11:08 AM
If this new club has nothing nice to say about anyone, count me in. I wonder though, how does an Islander reconcile joining a club that would have him as a member?

WØTKX
01-01-2012, 12:45 PM
With hazing and embarrassing cartoons. :)

W3WN
01-01-2012, 01:36 PM
With hazing and embarrassing cartoons. :)I nominate Jeff for MARC Caricaturist!

N8YX
01-01-2012, 01:49 PM
Federation of United Coffee Klatchers, perhaps?

ki4itv
01-01-2012, 01:58 PM
When checking into the net, please say "Bartender" and give your callsign phonetically. :-D

KG4CGC
01-01-2012, 03:23 PM
When checking into the net, please say "Bartender" and give your callsign phonetically. :-D

Excellent! Calling the net control "bartender" or "barkeep" is an excellent idea. This would distinguish us on the air immediately and certainly stir up a buzz. Of course, I imagine that there will be those who will immediately make a comment to the effect of, "What is this? A ^%&#ing drunk net? Hey Frank. There's a drunk net on 40 right now."

K7SGJ
01-01-2012, 03:36 PM
Excellent! Calling the net control "bartender" or "barkeep" is an excellent idea. This would distinguish us on the air immediately and certainly stir up a buzz. Of course, I imagine that there will be those who will immediately make a comment to the effect of, "What is this? A ^%&#ing drunk net? Hey Frank. There's a drunk net on 40 right now."

And.......how would it be different from all the others?

KA9MOT
01-01-2012, 03:39 PM
Check me in Early Bartender! KA9MOT :rofl:

I have to go watch stoopid chit on the TV with KC9NSE now...she's a pain in the ass like that.

KJ3N
01-01-2012, 04:48 PM
And.......how would it be different from all the others?

Drunk nets are usually on 75m.

K7SGJ
01-01-2012, 06:42 PM
My bad.

W7XF
01-01-2012, 08:59 PM
Has anyone contacted W6OBB and/or WB6ACU about becoming Islanders???

WØTKX
01-01-2012, 10:07 PM
AFAIK 'OBB is still in the Philippines, and "plain 'ol Joe" probably wouldn't want the attention.

Maybe we could get some of the gents from the OMIK net... Moody, WQ6I, is a hoot.

KC2UGV
01-02-2012, 03:55 PM
I'm down with it.

KC2UGV
01-02-2012, 04:07 PM
I didn't see anyone step up for Secretary. I'd be willing to volunteer my own nomination for this. I can keep meeting minutes posted, and administrivia that the secretary does.

And, may I suggest the charter be amended to hold the monthly/quarterly/whatever meetings for the general membership via HF, and board meetings over IRC/VoIP?

KG4CGC
01-02-2012, 04:12 PM
I believe Henry was the last one to volunteer.
The HF and IRC? VoIP is also a good idea.
No reason why the responsibilities of Sec can't be divided up based on schedules and work load. Plus being able to share knowledge of different areas and experiences.

KC2UGV
01-02-2012, 04:46 PM
I believe Henry was the last one to volunteer.

Excellent. I missed it, so carry on. I vote for Henry :)

The HF and IRC? VoIP is also a good idea.
No reason why the responsibilities of Sec can't be divided up based on schedules and work load. Plus being able to share knowledge of different areas and experiences.

I say HF for general meetings, because it's ham radio after all :) VoIP or IRC for board meetings, so you don't worry about missing things.

KG4CGC
01-02-2012, 04:51 PM
Excellent. I missed it, so carry on. I vote for Henry :)

I say HF for general meetings, because it's ham radio after all :) VoIP or IRC for board meetings, so you don't worry about missing things.

Sorry. I missed the fact that I put a question mark in there. There should not be one. Simply put, all great ideas.

W7XF
01-02-2012, 09:07 PM
Drunk nets are usually on 75m 14.313.

FIXED!!

KG4CGC
01-02-2012, 09:54 PM
FIXED!!

That's what Bob Barker said to Snoop Dog.

rot
01-15-2012, 05:07 AM
What he said.
rot

NQ6U
01-15-2012, 09:58 AM
There were issues that made the idea untenable. Perhaps we can do it another way.

rot
01-15-2012, 05:10 PM
There were issues that made the idea untenable. Perhaps we can do it another way.
OK..I didn't catch all the particulars, but hey A for effort...
Thanks!
rot

n6hcm
01-16-2012, 06:51 AM

there were? first i'm hearing of it.

KC2UGV
01-16-2012, 08:47 AM
there were? first i'm hearing of it.

Same here... :huh:

K7SGJ
01-16-2012, 09:46 AM
Me too. Last I knew it was a go. However, no matter what the problems encountered were, there are enough creative thinkers here to circumvent any issue.

N7YA
01-16-2012, 06:15 PM
Were hams fer chrisakes! We can figure this shit out.

Oh, Im feeling congressional today so ill just go ahead and elect myself to the Bass board of directors too. :whistle:

Other members of that particular board should be Tim, 'ITV, Paul 'GUH. :shhh: Its a secwet society! ;)

ki4itv
01-16-2012, 06:46 PM
shhhh.
motion seconded.

ki4itv
01-16-2012, 06:58 PM
...and NH

n4aud
01-16-2012, 07:17 PM
I didn't get the memo either.

N7YA
01-16-2012, 09:44 PM
...and NH

Indeed...seconded. :yes:

n6hcm
01-16-2012, 11:47 PM
so what's the insurmountable issue?

NQ6U
01-17-2012, 12:40 AM
I don't want to discuss this in the open forum. Anyone who's interested can PM me.

N7YA
01-17-2012, 01:28 AM
Ok, ok, fine...we will give sax players their own board too.

NA4BH
01-17-2012, 01:48 AM
You need to put MIV in the name. Something like MIVARC. Mastering Internal Vision ARC, or some shist like that. Juss sayin'

W4RLR
01-22-2012, 09:17 PM
Waiting on me? Surely you know better than that. (cue: Leslie Nielsen)I do know better, and don't call me Shirley. As for the club, I think it's a great idea. Count me in. As for the issues that don't make it a go under the proposed plan, by all means let me know via PM. There is nothing that can't be overcome by the creative (though demented) minds of this forum.