PDA

View Full Version : Attention Jets Fans.....

W1GUH
12-24-2011, 04:31 PM
:neener::neener::neener::neener::neener:
:rofl:

Giant rule NY!!!

:rock:

W3WN
12-24-2011, 07:23 PM
What else would you expect from the Dog Ass Jets?

W1GUH
12-24-2011, 11:07 PM
Always liked 'em....Broadway Joe was a total hero for me. Just wish they could get it together again. But then, they don't even have the sense not to play in Giants Stadium. Go figure.

I really miss the Giants in Yankee Stadium, the Jets at Shea, and the Lions in Briggs, later Tiger stadium...on real grass and dirt. Especially early in the season when they'd play on the Baseball diamond! But that's an OF disease, I'm sure!

W3WN
12-25-2011, 08:03 AM
Their first few years in NJ, the Dog Ass Jets always claimed they played in The Meadowlands. It was only relatively recently that they admitted to being in Giants Stadium.

Now, granted I was still a kid when this happened, but I remember when the Giants had their press conference announcing that they were moving to the Meadowlands once the stadium was built. At the time, they announced that they would become the New Jersey Giants, and even had a picture or drawing of the helmet with their new logo... a stylized "n j" to replace the then current "n y". But shortly thereafter, the word came out that the Pete Rozelle & the NFL would not permit the name change for marketing reasons. (Which, along with their year 'on the road' playing at Yale Stadium, is why their logo was simply "GIANTS" for many years). I've done some searching, but to date I haven't been able to find a copy of that helmet on the web... and now the Giants claim it never happened. Anyone ever come across it?

W1GUH
12-25-2011, 09:14 AM
Probably wound up buried in the meadowlands...along with Jimmie Hoffa!

But there's one thing impressive about the sports complex & Brendon Byrne. The fact that he named the arena after himself while he was still in office is one of the more perfect examples of chutzpah I've ever seen.

K7SGJ
12-25-2011, 09:33 AM
Why Yes, I am a jets fan. 5052

ad4mg
12-25-2011, 12:31 PM
Attention Jets Fans.....
What, all 3 of them? :lol:

NQ6U
12-25-2011, 12:53 PM
Why Yes, I am a jets fan.

Me too.

http://www.westernherald.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/jets1.jpg

W3WN
12-26-2011, 09:30 AM
Probably wound up buried in the meadowlands...along with Jimmie Hoffa!

But there's one thing impressive about the sports complex & Brendon Byrne. The fact that he named the arena after himself while he was still in office is one of the more perfect examples of chutzpah I've ever seen.If you look up examples of Chutzpah, you'll see a picture of that schmuck.

w2amr
12-29-2011, 04:19 AM
:neener::neener::neener::neener::neener:
:rofl:

Giant rule NY!!!

:rock:
The giants stink, So do every team in that division including the eagles. The Cowgirls will probably win the division because they stink the least. Whoever wins the division will get knocked out in the early rounds of the playoffs.

W1GUH
12-29-2011, 06:40 PM
Depends if the Jints defense shows up. They've taken a few games off this season.

w2amr
01-03-2012, 04:30 AM
Well, the Giants knocked off the cowgirls to win the division, and they should win the first round against Atlanta.

W3WN
01-03-2012, 08:49 AM
Well, the Giants knocked off the cowgirls to win the division, and they should win the first round against Atlanta.Eli is looking more and more like his brother, and less like a scared college kid, every day, and good for him.

That backup QB for the Brownies didn't look too bad Sunday either. Too bad he doesn't have much of a team around him; he still almost pulled it out, after the Steelers tried to hand him the game.

suddenseer
01-04-2012, 12:03 PM
I'm an uninvested observer. My daughter is a rabid Bengals fan. She is all giddy about them making the AFC North wildcard. I cannot get her to understand that making the playoffs based on other teams losing is not the same as outright winning the spot. I predict Texas will slaughter the pussy cats Saturday.

W1GUH
01-04-2012, 12:06 PM
I predict Texas will slaughter the pussy cats Saturday.

The other pussy cats will probably meet the same fate in Nawlins.

But at least Stafford will be exciting to watch.

W3WN
01-05-2012, 09:16 AM
I'm an uninvested observer. My daughter is a rabid Bengals fan. She is all giddy about them making the AFC North wildcard. I cannot get her to understand that making the playoffs based on other teams losing is not the same as outright winning the spot. I predict Texas will slaughter the pussy cats Saturday.It will be interesting. The Bungles almost beat the TexMamms in the regular season. The TexMamms have never been in the playoffs before, ever; the current Bungles as a team haven't been in a good many years, so neither has any "playoff" experience to speak of. It's almost too close to call.

The winner gets to go to Balitmore and play Modell's Meatballs, the ex-Brownies. I wouldn't say that neither has a chance, but the odds aren't good.

Of course, the Steelers get to go to Denver as heavy favorites to beat the Denver Tebows. We'll see, they haven't been a good road team this year. (And let's see how many of Steeler Nation manage to get tickets to the game... the local news is reporting that local fans are not being permitted to buy tickets, they're being banned by zip code when they place their orders). Either way, the winner gets to go to New England and play the Cheats. Odds aren't good for the away team in that stadium either.

WØTKX
01-05-2012, 11:04 AM
http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2011/4/28/cb9e1814-5f2e-464e-ad16-b3f4a0b97540.jpg