PDA

View Full Version : A Strange and Comical Dream

n2ize
12-24-2011, 02:53 AM
I had an interesting dream. In this dream i was watching a movie. But, it wasn't a movie like the ones people normally think of in which images are projected on a screen in a theater. This movie was more like a play in that it was performed out in the street by real people. And, to add to it, it was more like a living theater type movie/play because anyone who wanted to could just join in and be a part of it.

The setting was what appeared to be a main street in a small town. Looked kind of like a small southern town typified in movies. There were small stores, a diner and a courthouse. The play was also taking place on the street and in the court house. Throughout this movie I was under the very strong impression that I had seen this movie many times before as a child.

The play was about injustice in a small town run by a rather corrupt and ruthless sherrif who was locking people up right and left on fake charges. Many people were in the courthouse voicing their grievances against this sheriff. The sheriff had a small office inside the courthouse. At one point I decided to join in the play. I walked into the court house and stood next to the door of this sheriffs office. When he stepped out of his office he was booed and jeered by the angry people in the court house. I on the other hand complemented this sheriff on doing a good job running a tight ship. "These people should be grateful to you.", said I. The sheriff looked at me and said, "Well, I am sure glad to know I have at least one person on my side". He then added, "Your just the man I am looking for", as he ushered me into his office. But once inside I realized the bastard was going to lock me up as well. So I punched him and ran from the court house into the street. Somehow I managed to elude the deputies he send after me and hide out amidst a large crowd that formed in the street. However, now the street transformed and looked more like a street in New York rather than Main Street USA. Suddenly, the crowd cheered as the hero of the play/film approached. he was the one man who was coming to set things right. He was a comic relief type of hero. He was tall, a bit stocky, wore a green trench coat, purple pants, a black derby hat and had long silver hair down to about the top of his shoulders. He walked with an odd and very comical waddle and a comical tune played loudly as he approached. People crowded around him and smiled, realizing that now that he was there all would be fixed, the corrupt sheriff would be outwitted and dealt with and all wrongs would be righted.

Throughout the entire dream there was the intense sensation that I have watched this many many times over as a child.

KG4CGC
12-24-2011, 03:30 AM
http://www.evolutionary-metaphysics.net/rise_of_democracy.html

kb2vxa
12-24-2011, 02:07 PM
"Throughout the entire dream there was the intense sensation that I have watched this many many times over as a child."

You probably have, there are many variations on a theme. The scenario sounds SO familiar, several movies and TV shows come to mind but the titles escape me. Interestingly your mind put together a potpourri with Rod Steiger (Sheriff Gillespie) in the middle of it.

n2ize
12-25-2011, 05:27 AM
"Throughout the entire dream there was the intense sensation that I have watched this many many times over as a child."

You probably have, there are many variations on a theme. The scenario sounds SO familiar, several movies and TV shows come to mind but the titles escape me. Interestingly your mind put together a potpourri with Rod Steiger (Sheriff Gillespie) in the middle of it.

It was very interesting, to say the least. Yes, it is a common scenario, repeated often enough in books, plays, films, tv shows, and, best of all, real life. I want to make a sketch of that comical "hero" of the dream. He may make a good cartoon character.

W1GUH
12-25-2011, 11:58 AM
Just last night I dreamed that nx6d and I were putting up a dipole. There was some old wire lying on the ground the we salvaged and untangled, and made into a dipole. All went very fast and smoothly & within no more than 15 minutes we were in a great QSO with 'bso!

“I’ll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours”
I said that

Bob Dylan

NQ6U
12-25-2011, 12:16 PM
Just last night I dreamed that nx6d and I were putting up a dipole. There was some old wire lying on the ground the we salvaged and untangled, and made into a dipole. All went very fast and smoothly & within no more than 15 minutes we were in a great QSO with 'bso!

A QSO with me?? That ain't no dream, that's a nightmare! ;)

W1GUH
12-25-2011, 12:40 PM
Well, OK...since you brought up nightmares...

I rarely ever have them. In fact, I can't remember the last one I had before last Spring.

In the dream, I'm kind of watching from "on high", and watching a scenario where random groups of people are being killed. I'm thinking, "Glad I'm not down there." Then I was immediately "down there." Well, there were a lot of groups & I'm thinking, "Well it'll be a while before my group "gets the call." Yep...my group was he very next one. Of course I woke up before the deed was done, and in that half-awake state started thinking about ways to "cheat the system" and came up with one.

Ummmm....THEN "something happened" about six months later.....

SHIVER.

Oh, and huh-huh...he said "down there."
:bbh:

KG4CGC
12-25-2011, 12:53 PM

Bob Dylan
Oh! I know this one! That wire was Glen's left over stuff from when he was unwinding transformers for antenna wire as a child. That was like 1854 and the wire survived over 100 years.

kf0rt
12-25-2011, 01:02 PM
Doesn't anyone dream about chicks anymore?

K7SGJ
12-25-2011, 01:10 PM

Bob Dylan

We had 3 feet of wire left, so I made a garrote and ........... well, you know

N8YX
12-25-2011, 01:20 PM
Doesn't anyone dream about chicks anymore?

Yes, but given the particulars I'm not going to go into it. :whistle:

W1GUH
12-26-2011, 10:41 AM
Oh! I know this one! That wire was Glen's left over stuff from when he was unwinding transformers for antenna wire as a child. That was like 1854 and the wire survived over 100 years.

Yea, it did have that old and weathered look to it.

kb2vxa
12-26-2011, 07:23 PM
Doesn't anyone dream about chicks anymore? We had 3 feet of wire left, so I made a garrote and ........... well, you know ... a chicken choker.

K7SGJ
12-26-2011, 07:48 PM
Like Grandma used to say, "That's stretching it". ;)