PDA

View Full Version : A Bone in the Tire

n2ize
12-19-2011, 08:14 PM
I remember when I was a kid my folks drove to my grandpa's house in the South Bronx for a visit. On the way, a few blocks from the house we got a flat. later that evening we pulled of the punctured tire, put on the spare and my uncle pulled the object from the tire that punctured it. In his hand he held a jagged edged 4 inch piece of bone and announced, "you got a bone punctured your tire". Now that was the weirdest flat I ever remember getting. To this date I still wonder if it was a piece of human bone. Anyone who was familiar with the South Bronx in those days understands, it could very possibly have been a piece of human bone.

NA4BH
12-19-2011, 08:20 PM
I'm sure it has different names in different parts of the country. :rofl: :anyone:

K7SGJ
12-19-2011, 08:26 PM
Did you get to keep the dog that was chewing on it?

NA4BH
12-19-2011, 08:30 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v607/yrduckie/easter.jpg

K7SGJ
12-19-2011, 08:36 PM
Damn. When I heard the Easter Bunny was smashed, I thought he was doing some heavy drinking. The little bastid.

N8YX
12-19-2011, 08:40 PM
Buddy of mine once took a chicken to the radiator at speed. Beak punctured it.

WØTKX
12-19-2011, 08:44 PM
http://0.tqn.com/d/petsupplies/1/0/7/-/-/-/d3.JPG

NA4BH
12-19-2011, 08:51 PM
George Leroy Tirebiter

http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/41380_100000911328535_205_n.jpg

ab1ga
12-19-2011, 09:16 PM
To this date I still wonder if it was a piece of human bone. Anyone who was familiar with the South Bronx in those days understands, it could very possibly have been a piece of human bone.

Or perhaps a beef soup bone?

KG4CGC
12-19-2011, 09:21 PM
Pull a watch out of a flat on the right rear of the pick up. Darndest thing.

ab1ga
12-19-2011, 09:22 PM
Still ticking? If not throw it back in the gutter.

:)

n2ize
12-19-2011, 09:25 PM
Or perhaps a beef soup bone?

maybe.But in that neighborhood in those days anything was possible. Just glad it was not my bone.

KG4CGC
12-19-2011, 09:36 PM
Still ticking? If not throw it back in the gutter.

It was a steel case but not a Timex.

ab1ga
12-19-2011, 09:40 PM
maybe.But in that neighborhood in those days anything was possible. Just glad it was not my bone.

Careful, OM!

Even in the worst neighborhoods, no matter how their crime rate compares with other areas, the majority of inhabitants are generally poor, but not violently criminal. On any given day, there are probably many more soupbones boiling on stovetops than there are handguns being fired with murderous intent. Both beef and ham bones may be found in lengths up to four inches, and will have sharp edges when broken open by the local hounds.

It is possible that it was a human bone, but William of Occam would probably say you shoud put your mind at rest. The notion that someone could be killed and the body disposed of so poorly instead of just being left where it was has a ring of ... conspiracy to it.

73 and :)

n2ize
12-19-2011, 10:17 PM
Careful, OM!

Even in the worst neighborhoods, no matter how their crime rate compares with other areas, the majority of inhabitants are generally poor, but not violently criminal. On any given day, there are probably many more soupbones boiling on stovetops than there are handguns being fired with murderous intent. Both beef and ham bones may be found in lengths up to four inches, and will have sharp edges when broken open by the local hounds.

It is possible that it was a human bone, but William of Occam would probably say you shoud put your mind at rest. The notion that someone could be killed and the body disposed of so poorly instead of just being left where it was has a ring of ... conspiracy to it.

73 and :)

of course you are correct. I used to walk around the neighborhood in those days and nobody ever bothered me. Most of the so called "crimes" in that area in those days were arson, burglary, car theft, prostitution, heroin sales, and gang warfare. Of all of them the gang warfare was probably the most brutal. I did witness an arsonist set a fire. The local heroin dealer was right across the street in those days. Back then i had no use for his services. Nowadays I might had bought some of his wares. Good to keep handy in case of a bad toothache or bad muscle cramps, backache, etc. LOL...

ab1ga
12-20-2011, 01:09 PM
That's only half the data... how many stovetops did you investigate, how many soup bones did you see in the same period?

W7XF
12-20-2011, 02:05 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v607/yrduckie/easter.jpg

Hmmm...just looking at that makes me wonder where The Bunneh is hiding???

n2ize
12-20-2011, 04:05 PM
That's only half the data... how many stovetops did you investigate, how many soup bones did you see in the same period?

Or for that matter how many bones did you see causing flat tires ? ;) I did see a group of 4 teen age girls pass by my grandpa's house. They were fighting viciously with razor blades. They left blood on the side walk.