PDA

View Full Version : Death and Human reaction

WX7P
12-19-2011, 04:02 AM
This is probably out of the box, for some of you, but I think it's worth discussing.

We've recently been aware of the deaths of two people that were active on the Island. One, I thought was a complete waste of humanity, and another who I used to joust with, but came to really like and respect. Of course I'm talking about Dilmus and Albert.

We've all gone round and round about Dilmus, and I still think the guy was an asshole. It's horrible when anyone dies, but with his track record, the boo hoo fest here was over the top. The guy was a dick, period. My lack of remorse over his passing didn't have any thing to do with politics, I just didn't like the guy. Does that make me evil? I think not.

Albert and I had our moments. We used to joust on the zed. I never thought he was stupid, even though some of the things he said during on the zed were not correct and he retracted later. Albert was a thinker. He and I reached an agreement. Dilmus was an instigator. I reached out to him, and he told me to fuck off. You know why? Because I wasn't important in his world. No one was important to Dilmus, except about 8 guys here.

So for all you guys that think I'm an asshole for trashing Dilmus, I don't care. I never thought he was worth the effort. The guy catered to his perceived audience. Only.

Albert was worth the effort. He was never full of shit like Dilmus was. Even in the zed days, Albert would consider your arguments, and address them. I respected that about the man. I miss him.

N8YX
12-19-2011, 04:33 AM
Just as the body needs a brain, it must also have an asshole in order to function properly. ;)

KB3LAZ
12-19-2011, 04:40 AM
Speaking of death...Lets talk about time, oh say 20-30 years from now. I often wonder if I will still be in the hobby after the next few decades pass. Over the years I have grown to know quite a large crowd in AR however most of them were in their 50s-60's when I met the. Sure as time progresses many of you will see people in the hobby die here and there but the realization that I will likely watch all of those who I have come to call friends parish as I continue this hobby sends chills down my spine. Baring a freak accident or medical condition arising out of nowhere that is.

Even when you look past AR at my other hobbies and places of gathering. I like to frequent local coffee shops where once again most of the patrons are in their late 50's to mid 60's. You know, until now I have never really taken the time to notice that most of my friends and acquaintances are much older than me, or at least not let the reality of what will inevitably happen over the next few decades. In fact I have never really stopped to wonder why most of my friends are at the very least 10 years older than myself. Few and far between are the ones that are my own age or at least creatively close.

As for reactions to death, no one reacts the same. Just because someone dies does not mean that you will all of the sudden like them either. None the less I cant help but feeling sorry when someone passes whether or not I like them.

As far as Albert and Mack are concerned I will miss them both for different reasons. Its a shame to see them go and I hope they rest in peace. If there is an after life I wish them both a prosperous journey.

Death is a strange thing even though it is a normal. When it comes to myself I really do not know how to react to death and I have always been that way. Not knowing what to feel, sadness, anger, pity, joy that they are in a better place as I was led to believe growing up, or what. I have always looked at life and death the same way, life being nothing more than the suppression of death and death being nothing more than the suppression of life. In that sense I have never felt much of a point in fearing death because fearing death is about the same as fearing life and if we live our lives in fear of death we never really get a chance to live our lives. That being said the fear of death is only something that does not plague me with my own life. When it comes to those around me I tend to fear losing them, being stuck here to watch all of those that I love fade away into the shadows right before my very eyes. I suppose that this is something that I need to work on.

Anyway, my thoughts and rambling.

suddenseer
12-19-2011, 08:12 AM
Death is a strange thing even though it is a normal. When it comes to myself I really do not know how to react to death and I have always been that way. Not knowing what to feel, sadness, anger, pity, joy that they are in a better place as I was led to believe growing up, or what. I have always looked at life and death the same way, life being nothing more than the suppression of death and death being nothing more than the suppression of life. In that sense I have never felt much of a point in fearing death because fearing death is about the same as fearing life and if we live our lives in fear of death we never really get a chance to live our lives. That being said the fear of death is only something that does not plague me with my own life. When it comes to those around me I tend to fear losing them, being stuck here to watch all of those that I love fade away into the shadows right before my very eyes. I suppose that this is something that I need to work on.

Anyway, my thoughts and rambling.You said a million mouthfuls. As far as Albert, and Dilmus goes, I have to think they illustrate how to live. Albert was a very intelligent, well written individual. To bring out a bit of the past, I called him several times on facts he was using to draw a conclusion. I did this in IM. He admitted his error both times. I must admit , I was a bit nervous swing swords with him, as I am not the same level he was.

Dilmus on the other hand stirred up trouble for the sake of stirring up trouble. He must have enjoyed getting a rise out of everyone, and taking it up a notch next time. As I found out, he never allowed the facts to be introduced as it may cause confusion in the dissonance that he had to be living in.

I think the way one processes death is an individual experience. There is no right and wrong way to do it, with the exception of how one treats those around that person. I have only my personal experience, and those around me to draw from. I must add what I have read that illustrates how people in history processed a death. I am thinking about two first ladies, Mary Todd Lincoln, and Jackie Kennedy. They were polar opposites when it comes to the public perception of accepting a loss. I have had death strike my immediate family. My brother died from pancreatic cancer in April of this year. My infant son died back in the 80's. Sometimes, I wonder if I still have not 100% accepted their deaths. As I stated before, Mack contacted me with advice that worked for him. Advise on how to process grief, and how to turn pain into a positive. His advise proved to be very helpful for me as well. For that, I am probably the only Island member who is grateful to Mack for something. He also showed me how not to treat other people. His example is burned into my brain's eprom.

I am only one human who has experienced death of those around me. When the sun sets, I am no different than anyone else. We all must taste death. Our worth is not material things, it is how we treated our loved ones, our neighbors, our work mates, the guy on the street bumming for change. I am grateful for Mack, and Albi as they both provided valuable lessons for me. One was unpleasant at the time. The other was enjoyable.

WØTKX
12-19-2011, 09:26 AM
Just as the body needs a brain, it must also have an asshole in order to function properly. ;)

http://www.graphicsdb.com/data/media/439/yin_yang.jpg

NA4BH
12-19-2011, 09:37 AM
I am grateful for Mack, and Albi as they both provided valuable lessons for me.

100%

N1LAF
12-19-2011, 09:54 AM
Since you asked/commented... and please don't take this the wrong way, but...

Not calling you an a$shole, but you certainly acted like one during Mack's SK page. We know you have opinions, and some really negative, but there is a time to put that aside on occasions, and death is one of them. Mack did have some friends here, and some are your friends as well. Did you really have to dump your bitterness without regard to other people's feelings during time of death? The world doesn't revolve around you and your opinions, and the manner you conducted yourself was definitely without class. You also didn't respect others either, or your friends that were also friends with Mack. I am sure they may see you in a different light. I for one think you really screwed up here, but I will not turn my back on you either. Why should your bitterness be more important than mourning of others? Don't you have any respect for others? The proper thing to do is hold your feelings, and just be silent. Save your battles for another day, but on the time of death, give that to the others as they deserve respect.

Friends are honest with each other, and usually this is said in private, but now it is in public view, and I think there is a lesson in it for everyone, as well as for myself. I don't see myself better, nor talking down to anyone, but the expressions of some have been upsetting and improper.

NQ6U
12-19-2011, 10:33 AM
I did not like Mack one bit either, Jan, and I told him so here on the forum in some pretty explicit language. I was relieved when he finally got the boot. None the less, I did not wish him any ill in his personal life and, asshole or not, sixty is too soon to go. A little respect is called for in these situations. Think about this: how would you have felt if Paul had come into the thread about Albi's death and started trashing him for his liberal opinions? Not that he would have done that, of course, but if he had, I think you would have been pretty upset about it—and justifiable so. How about it if you return the courtesy? If you are absolutely unable to express regret for someone's death, then consider just not saying anything at all.

WV6Z
12-19-2011, 10:41 AM
I did not like Mack one bit either, Jan, and I told him so here on the forum in some pretty explicit language. I was relieved when he finally got the boot. None the less, I did not wish him any ill in his personal life and, asshole or not, sixty is too soon to go. A little respect is called for in these situations. Think about this: how would you have felt if Paul had come into the thread about Albi's death and started trashing him for his liberal opinions? Not that he would have done that, of course, but if he had, I think you would have been pretty upset about it—and justifiable so. How about it if you return the courtesy? If you are absolutely unable to express regret for someone's death, then consider just not saying anything at all.

+ eleventy-one

N8YX
12-19-2011, 10:44 AM
Imparting a bit of Albi-esqe insight to the thread:

De mortuis nihil nisi bonum

I don't care what you do (or don't) in life...how good you are (or aren't), someone is going to take exception to your actions. Further, illness or personal loss may contribute to a "cantankerous" attitude when interacting with one's peers. Perhaps inexcusable, but quantifiable nonetheless.

W3WN
12-19-2011, 11:01 AM
I was sorry to hear of Dilmus' passing, even though I did not have the amount or intensity of interaction that most of you had. I dislike hearing of anyone's passing, with a few notable exceptions, as it is usually a sad event for someone.

But that didn't hit me like a ton of bricks the way that Albi's passing did. Not the least of which was because it came so unexpectedly, but also because he was a friend -- and not just from here or the Zed, but from private interactions as well.

PA5COR
12-19-2011, 11:35 AM
Never met both Dilmus, nor Albi, with Albert i had some mails in which we had some fun.
My parents are both gone, i never had a bond with them, and I'm not going into the reasons behind that, i took care of the burial, and took care of my mother as much and long we could when she became demented.

I buried her next to my father in their owned graves, and never went back there even if it is a Mile away from me.
Never had an easy life, but i learned a lot.
First is to take people as they are, if you don't like them, don't interact.
If you do like them do as you want, it is easy to judge, but without knowing someone's full background you will mostly judge wrong.
I make mistakes just as well, many times i wrote a post thinking 10 minutes later what the jerk i was to post it.
Made me a lot more careful to post, but it won't stop me from posting to my friends here.

Albi was unique, Dilmus in his own way as well, he had different opinions as me, and i refrained from posting in his threads or to his posts.
It is easy to put a knife in somebody's back when he passed away, but being happy someone passed is for me reserved for Adolf Hitler and his likes.
Who guarantees he could not have changed his life (Dilmus)?
All comes back to, if you point a finger to someone, 3 point back to you.....

Strange as it is, i will miss Albi more as one of my parents.
Now judge me, i don't care.

WX7P
12-19-2011, 12:11 PM
Paul and Carl:

My animus toward Dilmus had nothing to do with politics. Both of you need to read that thread again. I was speaking of the man's character and his complete lack of respect for his fellow man. I just can't cry over someone I felt was not worthy. If you guys can't understand that, I'm sorry.

I went through this same boogie recently on a way more personal scale. A guy who was a peer at the really big insurance company and I went for the same Director job in 2000. He got it, not me. Fair enough. Unfortuantely, he was an inseure little fuck who went out of his way to make my life miserable there for the following eight years because he had to "prove" he was better than me. I tried working with him, reasoning with him, the whole 9 yards, yet nothing worked. He was the reason I got forced out of the company and have been sporadically employed ever since. The bias was so bad co-workers commented on it.

Anyway, this guy was going to retire in 2009 at 59 years old. He'd been with the company 30 years and had a nice retirement set up. Right before he retired, he was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer and was dead 10 months later. Major boo hoo fest happened. I didn't feel a thing. This was the same asshole that bragged about firing 44 people in the time he had worked for the company. My attitude was "sucks to be you, dude". Does that make me less of a human being? No. I just can't conjure up fake emotion for someone that doesn't deserve it.

Cor, you are correct, it is probably better to say nothing. You also have it wrong. I never said I was happy Dilmus died. I think that's what a lot of you guys are reading into this.

PA5COR
12-19-2011, 12:29 PM
I was writing in general terms, if you picked that up as being pointed to you then my poor English or my wording is plain wrong, sorry about that.

If it is Dilmus of my parents, they are gone, and writing something negative about either one of them is futile.

KG4CGC
12-19-2011, 01:18 PM
Paul and Carl:

My animus toward Dilmus had nothing to do with politics. Both of you need to read that thread again. I was speaking of the man's character and his complete lack of respect for his fellow man. I just can't cry over someone I felt was not worthy. If you guys can't understand that, I'm sorry.

I went through this same boogie recently on a way more personal scale. A guy who was a peer at the really big insurance company and I went for the same Director job in 2000. He got it, not me. Fair enough. Unfortuantely, he was an inseure little fuck who went out of his way to make my life miserable there for the following eight years because he had to "prove" he was better than me. I tried working with him, reasoning with him, the whole 9 yards, yet nothing worked. He was the reason I got forced out of the company and have been sporadically employed ever since. The bias was so bad co-workers commented on it.

Anyway, this guy was going to retire in 2009 at 59 years old. He'd been with the company 30 years and had a nice retirement set up. Right before he retired, he was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer and was dead 10 months later. Major boo hoo fest happened. I didn't feel a thing. This was the same asshole that bragged about firing 44 people in the time he had worked for the company. My attitude was "sucks to be you, dude". Does that make me less of a human being? No. I just can't conjure up fake emotion for someone that doesn't deserve it.

Cor, you are correct, it is probably better to say nothing. You also have it wrong. I never said I was happy Dilmus died. I think that's what a lot of you guys are reading into this.

I've offered Dilmus the Olive Branch on 3 different occasions and spoke on this 2 years ago. He burned that bridge. Edit: He MADE SURE to burn that bridge immediately.
If anyone here thinks they're special because he befriended you, it was a dubious at best honor.
I certainly tried to put aside our differences but he tried even harder to keep the hate alive. I certainly never wished any ill will on him.

W5GA
12-19-2011, 01:21 PM
complete lack of respect for his fellow man. I just can't cry over someone I felt was not worthy. If you guys can't understand that, I'm sorry.
Yet you feel it necessary to stoop to the same level...just because you didn't like him. Get the fuck over it already!

KG4CGC
12-19-2011, 01:53 PM
And yes. I've gone against my own policy of speaking ill of the dead.
I have a strange feeling that he would have preferred I speak ill of him even in death.

N8YX
12-19-2011, 02:05 PM
I have a strange feeling that he would have preferred I speak ill of him even in death.

Good or bad, any publicity is better than no publicity in the minds of some.

WX7P
12-19-2011, 02:58 PM
Yet you feel it necessary to stoop to the same level...just because you didn't like him. Get the fuck over it already!

That's Bullshit, Doug and you know it. So my crime of "stooping to the same level" is worse than Dilmus and his constant assholishness? Sorry if you disagree, but you need to get the FUCK over it.

Paul called me an asshole and I'm not supposed to respond? Are you kidding me?

We've got some pretty fucking weird standards around here, that's for sure.

WX7P
12-19-2011, 03:01 PM
I've offered Dilmus the Olive Branch on 3 different occasions and spoke on this 2 years ago. He burned that bridge. Edit: He MADE SURE to burn that bridge immediately.
If anyone here thinks they're special because he befriended you, it was a dubious at best honor.
I certainly tried to put aside our differences but he tried even harder to keep the hate alive. I certainly never wished any ill will on him.

Same experience here. Dilmus made it pretty clear he thought I was dogshit, no matter what I said or did. He was a DICK. The fact that he had the misfortune to die, doesn't change the facts. Why you guys can't figure that out is beyond me.

WØTKX
12-19-2011, 03:09 PM
And yes. I've gone against my own policy of speaking ill of the dead.

Sorry he died.

Seemed to me he led a productive life and reaped the rewards, but felt strongly that others did not deserve the same, for piss poor reasons.

His PM's to me were impressive in brevity and force. And yes, I believe he's proud of it. If you could in any way be labeled a "liberal", he went for the hate. Felt it was his duty, or something. Really enjoyed the negative attention. Seemed to give him a reason to live. Which I found disconcerting at best. He's not the only one I've met like that, absolutely relishing hatred for "the other".

And, alas, he won't be the last. I have similar feelings for Rush Limbaugh.

N1LAF
12-19-2011, 03:11 PM
Paul called me an asshole and I'm not supposed to respond? Are you kidding me?

Get it right...

Not calling you an a$shole, but you certainly acted like one...

If I thought you were a complete a$shole, I wouldn't even bother replying to you.

Maybe one of your left leaning buddies will have better luck explaining this one to you, if you can refrain from biting one's head off.

WX7P
12-19-2011, 03:18 PM
Sorry he died.

Seemed to me he led a productive life and reaped the rewards, but felt strongly that others did not deserve the same, for piss poor reasons.

His PM's to me were impressive in brevity and force. And yes, I believe he's proud of it. If you could in any way be labeled a "liberal", he went for the hate. Felt it was his duty, or something. Really enjoyed the negative attention. Seemed to give him a reason to live. Which I found disconcerting at best. He's not the only one I've met like that, absolutely relishing hatred for "the other".

And, alas, he won't be the last. I have similar feelings for Rush Limbaugh.

Well spoken, Dave. Even as Paul is trying to make this into some kind of left wing hatefest, you nailed it completely. I wish I had been more eloquent.

WX7P
12-19-2011, 03:23 PM
Get it right...

If I thought you were a complete a$shole, I wouldn't even bother replying to you.

Maybe one of your left leaning buddies will have better luck explaining this one to you, if you can refrain from biting one's head off.

Why are you trying to interject ideology into this discussion? I talking about Dilmus the man, and you keep re-directing to Dilmus the keeper of the right wing flame.

If it were true, I'd have nothing to do with you, Mike, Doug others on this site. My comments were purely directed at the way the man composed himself here. You're the one trying to make this into a "right-left" flamefest because you will use ANY tool you have to try to downgrade anyone who might be a little to the left of Attilla the Hun. Cheap tactic, Paul.

And you, you did call me an asshole, not directly, but it was there. Get the FUCK off your high horse.

W5GA
12-19-2011, 05:40 PM
That's Bullshit, Doug and you know it. So my crime of "stooping to the same level" is worse than Dilmus and his constant assholishness? Sorry if you disagree, but you need to get the FUCK over it.
I don't know any such thing. But in this instance, the asshole resides in Ca. You're being petty and small for the sake of being petty and small. In other words, you're being a complete dick - for the sake of it. Again, get the fuck over it, and get the fuck over yourself. Your playing victim, and doing it well. Boohoo - grow up. Welcome to my ignore list...you're the first and only one to make it there.

W3WN
12-19-2011, 05:44 PM
< snip >
And you, you did call me an asshole, not directly, but it was there. < snip >Well... no offense intended, sometimes you are an asshole. :naughty:

Big deal.

Sometimes I am too. :evil: I don't take it personally when someone calls me one. Sometimes I deserve it, too.

WX7P
12-19-2011, 06:26 PM
[/B]
I don't know any such thing. But in this instance, the asshole resides in Ca. You're being petty and small for the sake of being petty and small. In other words, you're being a complete dick - for the sake of it. Again, get the fuck over it, and get the fuck over yourself. Your playing victim, and doing it well. Boohoo - grow up. Welcome to my ignore list...you're the first and only one to make it there.

Nice.

Temper tantrum extraordanaire on your part.

I'm not playing victim, I never have, and fuck you for saying that.

I, like you, and everyone else here, have the right to call bullshit on something that isn't right. Sanctifying Dilmus, ain't right, I'm sorry if you disagree. If we had fewer assholes like him in the world, the country would be in a better place. You're as bad as Paul. You can't let go of some dipshit because he has the same stupid fucking ideological bent you do, even though the guy is a complete fuck. That's BULLSHIT, and yes, you know it.

You need to "grow up", Doug. You're giving a complete asshole a free pass because he agrees with you. You have absolutely no integrity.

WX7P
12-19-2011, 06:33 PM
Well... no offense intended, sometimes you are an asshole. :naughty:

Big deal.

Sometimes I am too. :evil: I don't take it personally when someone calls me one. Sometimes I deserve it, too.

Yeah, Ron, I get that. When the king of assholes gets transformed into some kind of saint, just because he's dead, it pisses me off.

I have been insulted by a lot of people. Big Fucking Deal. Dilmus STILL was an asshole, period. I was surprised by Doug's assertions. I thought he was smarter than that.

ad4mg
12-19-2011, 07:02 PM
Mack was the type of person who sparked strong emotion in others. I believe his political leanings were merely a tool he used in battle with his 'enemies'. His passing serves only to illustrate that point.

Think what you will of the man, personally I didn't agree with a damn word he offered, but I never could dislike the guy. He was mean and ornery, but he did no one any real harm.

With that last thought in mind, could we find it within ourselves to bring the discussion down to a more civil tone? I feel like a freaking hypocrite, given some of my past outbursts, but I'll throw a lock on this one if it continues above the 120 dB level.

Any member of this group, past or present, in good standing or banned, deserves at the very least some minimal respect (excluding the freaky pedophiles that were here briefly).

WX7P
12-19-2011, 07:18 PM
Mack was the type of person who sparked strong emotion in others. I believe his political leanings were merely a tool he used in battle with his 'enemies'. His passing serves only to illustrate that point.

Think what you will of the man, personally I didn't agree with a damn word he offered, but I never could dislike the guy. He was mean and ornery, but he did no one any real harm.

With that last thought in mind, could we find it within ourselves to bring the discussion down to a more civil tone? I feel like a freaking hypocrite, given some of my past outbursts, but I'll throw a lock on this one if it continues above the 120 dB level.

Any member of this group, past or present, in good standing or banned, deserves at the very least some minimal respect (excluding the freaky pedophiles that were here briefly).

Ok, I'm all over he minimal respect angle. One last thing, and I'll let it go.

Dilmus treated me and others like shit, even after the olive branches were sent. I still can't for the life of me, understand, why anyone would celebrate this man's life.

He was the epitome of what's wrong with this country. I got mine, and the hell with you and everyone else. Oh, and take care of me when 1. my house gets foreclosed on , and 2. Help me after the hurricane, after all the bad karma that asshole sent to his "lessers", after Katrina.

I know he's not burning in hell, because there's no such thing. He's dead, it's over and I'm done talking about this.

Janet

n2ize
12-19-2011, 07:40 PM
Ok, I'm all over he minimal respect angle. One last thing, and I'll let it go.

Dilmus treated me and others like shit, even after the olive branches were sent. I still can't for the life of me, understand, why anyone would celebrate this man's life.

He was the epitome of what's wrong with this country. I got mine, and the hell with you and everyone else. Oh, and take care of me when 1. my house gets foreclosed on , and 2. Help me after the hurricane, after all the bad karma that asshole sent to his "lessers", after Katrina.

I know he's not burning in hell, because there's no such thing. He's dead, it's over and I'm done talking about this.

Janet

I didn't care for Mack either (to put it mildly). But, offering condolences does not equate to celebrating his life. He was a human being, probably a human being with problems, pent up anger and frustration, and perhaps he let it get the better of him here. But he was a human being, and he has passed and I can forgive his sins, and pass my sympathies.

It reminds me of a kid I hated in high school. We fought all the time, he shoved my into a row of lockers, punched my arm, and I punched him back. (He was a ham too). One day he was absent from school and he never came back. we were informed over the schools PA system that he was terminally in with cancer and died. It was hard for me to find an ounce of sympathy for him. But at that point I forgave him for his sins against me and offered his friends and family my condolences. Now, had he done something really bad, like hurt or kill my girl friend or someone close to me perhaps I would not have forgiven him, even in death. But, the way I saw it what he did to me was minor and forgivable compared to the fate he had to face. Under such circumstances I can offer my forgiveness and pay my last respect in good consciousness.

NQ6U
12-19-2011, 09:45 PM
Paul and Carl:

My animus toward Dilmus had nothing to do with politics. Both of you need to read that thread again.

Actually, you're the one that needs to be doing the reading. My post had nothing to do with Mack's politics, only that simple human dignity should be respected upon upon the occasion of a person's death—even if it's a person you don't like. If you don't want to express regrets at someone's passing then, by all means, don't. At the same time, there's no need to point out his flaws at the wake either.

W3WN
12-19-2011, 10:32 PM
Yeah, Ron, I get that. When the king of assholes gets transformed into some kind of saint, just because he's dead, it pisses me off. < snip >Again with all due respect... I wouldn't go that far.

You don't have to deal with, for example, Rag LA5HE. I do on the DX CHAT reflector that I administer for the NJDXA.

And there are certain denziens of, let's just say other places, that by comparison make the departed... well, let's say palatable for lack of a better term.

And that's just hams. Let's not even discuss my brother-in-law the bigot.

As has been said already: He's gone. Wherever he's gone, if he's gone anywhere at all, he's not coming back. I can acknowledge that his loss has meaning to someone... whether he is friend or foe or somewhere in between... even if I didn't care for the man or his attitude all that much when he was on this plane of existence.

WØTKX
12-20-2011, 12:10 AM
I hope his family is well taken care of, and all that gear he collected goes to people that will appreciate it.

KG4CGC
12-20-2011, 12:15 AM
I think he let his online persona get the better of him to the point that he earned his time outs and bannings. There are people like that. I am reminded of a longtime and now no longer present QRZ poster from Alabama, AI4EP if memory serves.

Then I am also reminded of 6 land, Mr. Crest museum, Pat.

PA5COR
12-20-2011, 03:57 AM
Even in his passing Dilmus succeded in causing a row here in his style.
Let it go, please, we're better as that i hope.

W2NAP
12-20-2011, 04:18 AM
All this hate man, let it go really dude let it go that shit will eat ya up inside. I think Mack was a troll. seriously I think he loved to get a reaction out of people.
obvious troll is obvious
but personally the guy never did anything to me at least not that I recall, so I cant really say anything bad about him.

anyway

Speaking of death...Lets talk about time, oh say 20-30 years from now. I often wonder if I will still be in the hobby after the next few decades pass. Over the years I have grown to know quite a large crowd in AR however most of them were in their 50s-60's when I met the. Sure as time progresses many of you will see people in the hobby die here and there but the realization that I will likely watch all of those who I have come to call friends parish as I continue this hobby sends chills down my spine. Baring a freak accident or medical condition arising out of nowhere that is.

Even when you look past AR at my other hobbies and places of gathering. I like to frequent local coffee shops where once again most of the patrons are in their late 50's to mid 60's. You know, until now I have never really taken the time to notice that most of my friends and acquaintances are much older than me, or at least not let the reality of what will inevitably happen over the next few decades. In fact I have never really stopped to wonder why most of my friends are at the very least 10 years older than myself. Few and far between are the ones that are my own age or at least creatively close.

As for reactions to death, no one reacts the same. Just because someone dies does not mean that you will all of the sudden like them either. None the less I cant help but feeling sorry when someone passes whether or not I like them.

As far as Albert and Mack are concerned I will miss them both for different reasons. Its a shame to see them go and I hope they rest in peace. If there is an after life I wish them both a prosperous journey.

Anyway, my thoughts and rambling.

I'm 29. alot of the people I know in radio are a good 20+ years older. but also some of the peeps i knew that were my age many of them are gone... mainly cause they were stupid (drug od and shit) but honestly over the years ive just gotten where death dont bother me. not sure if maybe something is just wrong with me but death is like meh to me shit happen. eventually ya die and nothing ya can do about it.

KJ3N
12-20-2011, 09:07 AM
I'm 29.

Get off my lawn! ;) :lol:

KB3LAZ
12-20-2011, 10:06 AM

<<<24. We are going to take over your lawn!

K7SGJ
12-20-2011, 10:41 AM

Hmmmmmmmmmm So THAT'S why it's called CRABgrass

N7YA
12-20-2011, 07:01 PM
Albi and Mack both had an impact here. Mack was a mere reality tv show character to me, he didnt bug me because it seemed his job was to do just that, and me being me, i tend to not do what im supposed to do anyway. So he basically entertained me, and lo and behold, we didnt have too many issues. He certainly tried, we cant hide when you post a lot on a site that never deletes archives...go back and have a look at some of these exchanges. I just didnt give a shit past the first months, then i just made fun of him.

Albi came across (to me) as a self absorbed, pompous ass when i first landed on these shores. The reason was because i didnt know him and he used them thar big words. We all grow as people, and i grew to like him. I looked forward to his posts and we covered Albi quite a bit because most here really liked the guy. Most here didnt care for Mack the same way because he enjoyed the taunting, he was a redneck dick to people who allowed him inside their head, and his beliefs tended to go against many on the island. Right wingers or lefties, there are varying degrees of temperment on both sides, some folks get truly butthurt when others dont believe the exact same way they do, and many others just dont care what you choose to believe as long as you dont impose. That last one is where i live. Neither of these men gave me a reason to hate them, alive or dead.

The point is, right now, there are two homes, two families, who are actually crying because someone they care about wont be there this sunday and that weighs heavy. Its them im thinking about. Its just the internet to me, but with very real people on the other end. I can turn this thing off and deal with my very real life when i need to. Lets put our guns down now, the guy is gone, nobody is building a Dilmus shrine, its just that most folks here know when the game is over. Its over now.

ab1ga
12-20-2011, 07:21 PM
Amen, brother. Amen.

suddenseer
12-20-2011, 07:46 PM
Is this where a staff member hangs a lock on this thread?

NA4BH
12-20-2011, 07:50 PM
It would be a good place to do that.

WX7P
12-20-2011, 07:59 PM
Hey, I let this go 24 hours ago. You guys need to do the same thing you WON'T do with the zed and leave it alone.

Good grief.

WØTKX
12-20-2011, 08:06 PM
No lock required. Thank you for playing.

KJ3N
12-20-2011, 08:10 PM

You 2 might mow it, but take it over? Nah... :lol:

ad4mg
12-20-2011, 08:15 PM
It's 2011. The word you were looking for is "occupy"! :-D

W2NAP
12-20-2011, 10:38 PM

riding mower... and a ft-5000

KB3LAZ
12-21-2011, 12:45 AM

I hate mowing the lawn.

N7YA
12-21-2011, 12:46 AM
Hey, I let this go 24 hours ago. You guys need to do the same thing you WON'T do with the zed and leave it alone.

Good grief.

Fair enough. Catch you on greener lawns. :)