PDA

View Full Version : W3MIV, Albert J. Schramm, SK

ab1ga
12-17-2011, 03:47 PM
I just got off the phone with Albi's wife Barbra.

Albi became suddenly ill on Thanksgiving, and was admitted to the hospital on Monday, 12 Dec.
He died of a very aggressive form of cancer yesterday, 16 Dec, 2011, at 1130.

He wished to be cremated, without funeral or viewing, but Barbra will be arranging for a memorial service in January. I left her my email and phone so that she can send obituary/memorial details at her convenience.

Requiescat in Pace

KJ3N
12-17-2011, 03:55 PM
FUCK.... :(

W4GPL
12-17-2011, 03:56 PM
FUCK.... :(No shit, I don't even know what to say..

KG4CGC
12-17-2011, 03:57 PM
Aww shit! :(
Aww man. We lost a good one. :(

KB3LAZ
12-17-2011, 03:58 PM
:( Loss for words.

NQ6U
12-17-2011, 04:02 PM
Damn damn damn damn. I am bereft.

N8YX
12-17-2011, 04:05 PM
No shit, I don't even know what to say..

That makes several of us.

Albi was what I would term a statesman. I could sense something wasn't right with him but attributed it to frustration with the electorate...never thought of medical implications.

He'll definitely be missed, fiery penmanship and all. :(

WX7P
12-17-2011, 04:10 PM
fuck, Fuck, FUCK!

N2CHX
12-17-2011, 04:12 PM
God I loved that man. I am crying as I write this. We didn't always agree on everything but he was always respectful of me and one of my most outspoken supporters. He was a wonderful man and I will miss his wit, his candor and his wisdom. What a sad day. My heart goes out to his family. Rest in Peace, Albi. I never met you in person but I will always remember you.

K7SGJ
12-17-2011, 04:17 PM
Shit. What rotten fuckin news. I never figured this is why he was AWOL. I never met Albi, but I will truly miss him. Rest In Peace OM.

QRT

PA5COR
12-17-2011, 04:24 PM
A very sad day and reading too.
Albert R.I.P.
As long you are in your minds you're not gone.
Why do the good ones always go first?

Thanks Albi for all the posts and joy.
To the family, my deepest respect and condolances.
May they find a way to deal with the loss.

W1GUH
12-17-2011, 04:29 PM
R.I.P, Albi. Gonna really, really miss you. More later when I can...getting kinda hard to see the screen. Must be raining?

W7XF
12-17-2011, 04:47 PM
OMG! Even I am at a loss for words xD

Very best 73 and bodacious DX Albi....

ad4mg
12-17-2011, 04:52 PM
Albert was a dear friend. We had spoken on the phone many times over the years In those conversations, Albert inspired me, advised me, and confided in me. Unfortunately, we never met in person, and I'll regret that for a very long time.

Rest in peace, my old friend. I'll miss you more than you'll ever know.

W1GUH
12-17-2011, 04:53 PM
I"ve got a piece of him here. I bought his old DSLR. So glad I did now!

kf0rt
12-17-2011, 04:55 PM
Damn. Just Damn.
Will miss you dearly, Albi.

KC2UGV
12-17-2011, 05:30 PM
Man, this sucks... We've appear to be having a spate of sour news here on the Island. Must be a storm front moving through :(

W5GA
12-17-2011, 05:33 PM
This sucks big time. I didn't always agree with him, but I always respected what he had to say. I think everyone here is going to miss him.

K7SGJ
12-17-2011, 05:36 PM
I just burned my Thesaurus and dictionary as I won't ever need them again.

NQ6U
12-17-2011, 05:38 PM
This sucks big time. I didn't always agree with him, but I always respected what he had to say. I think everyone here is going to miss him.

Agreed, if for no other reason than there's no one here that can come close to filling his shoes when it comes to literary style.

I have to admit that this has hit me much harder than I expected, considering I never even met the man.

ab1ga
12-17-2011, 05:40 PM
I just burned my Thesaurus and dictionary as I won't ever need them again.

Let me suggest a substitute:

http://www.amazon.com/Wheelocks-Latin-Frederic-M-Wheelock/dp/0060783710/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1324161521&sr=1-1

K7SGJ
12-17-2011, 05:42 PM
Let me suggest a substitute:

http://www.amazon.com/Wheelocks-Latin-Frederic-M-Wheelock/dp/0060783710/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1324161521&sr=1-1

Good choice.

ab1ga
12-17-2011, 05:44 PM
Man, this sucks... We've appear to be having a spate of sour news here on the Island. Must be a storm front moving through :(

Not just on the Island; it seems to me that this past year has provided a bitter bounty of loss, pain, and fear for many, and I can't shake the creepy feeling it ain't over yet.

W7XF
12-17-2011, 05:44 PM
Pope Carlo...

Im sure Albi is raising hell if the bartender can't supply him with his single malt Scotch xD

W2NAP
12-17-2011, 05:46 PM
wow sad news :(

kf0rt
12-17-2011, 05:51 PM
BTW, thanks for making the call, Dale.

W1GUH
12-17-2011, 05:52 PM
I'm compelled to express this. I've had more good fortune in this direction than any one person has any right to. I would have GLADLY shared some of that with Albi if I could have. I've had more than I need, he didn't. Again, good-bye and R.I.P, Albie.

WX7P
12-17-2011, 05:58 PM
Not just on the Island; it seems to me that this past year has provided a bitter bounty of loss, pain, and fear for many, and I can't shake the creepy feeling it ain't over yet.

I would agree, as Albert likely would have too.

Now that I've gotten over the shock of Albert's passing, I can say I will miss him immensely. He and I used to cross swords on the zed before his late in life conversion to a more activist stance. I used to call him "Commander McBragg" and "Alberto" whenever he'd go into his multi-sylabblic beat down rants.

It got less vitrolic as time went on and we eventually came to realize we both had the same personal goals and vision for this country.

Albert, I salute you.

KK4AMI
12-17-2011, 06:05 PM
Good Grief we are going to miss you. I sensed something was wrong, I was missing your usual verbal harassment over the last couple of weeks. I hope you Rest in Peace in a realm of like minded politics.

N7YA
12-17-2011, 06:20 PM
Im just now hearing this! That sucks! I didnt care for him when i first got here, i thought he was a pompous ass, but ive grown to look forward to his posts and view on things. I really respected the guy and quite liked his musings. He will be missed here, for sure. Damn...ive lost count of all the good hams ive known over the years whose signal shall never again grace the air. :(

ab1ga
12-17-2011, 06:21 PM
BTW, thanks for making the call, Dale.

You're welcome, OM.

One thing I left out of my original posting is that his wife said he loved ham radio, and derived great enjoyment from going online to talk to other hams. Although she couldn't name any specifics, I think it's safe to say that Albi was as fond of us as we are of him.

Barbra was concerned about letting Albi's ham friends know the latest news. I told her I'd post notices on sites I knew he'd visited, but that's only the Zed and here. Does anybody know about other sites we should notify? Also, I let the ARRL Atlantic Division know, and that I don't know what his local club was; they said they'd find out and also post notices at Division and Section level. Again, does anybody know if he had a primary club he attended?

KC9ECI
12-17-2011, 06:29 PM
Sad news indeed.

n2ize
12-17-2011, 06:42 PM
Wow !! I am very sorry to hear this. I first spoke to Bert on QRZ way back Over the years on this forum I found we had a few things in common. Similar political ideas, similar opinions on things like free speech, education, and many other things. In addition to ham radio I remember him telling me he was at one time into rc helicopters which is a hobby/interest I dabble in now and then. In the recent shaving thread he was the one who pointed me to the site from which I bought my classic safety razor handle and, he gave me advice on how to use it. From now on every time I shave with that razor I will think of Albert. And I will miss his commentary, his command of the English language and his appreciation for the liberal arts and quality education. I figured he was taking a leave of absence and he'd be back, after all he'd done it before. I didn't expect to hear this.

WX7P
12-17-2011, 06:44 PM
You're welcome, OM.

One thing I left out of my original posting is that his wife said he loved ham radio, and derived great enjoyment from going online to talk to other hams. Although she couldn't name any specifics, I think it's safe to say that Albi was as fond of us as we are of him.

Barbra was concerned about letting Albi's ham friends know the latest news. I told her I'd post notices on sites I knew he'd visited, but that's only the Zed and here. Does anybody know about other sites we should notify? Also, I let the ARRL Atlantic Division know, and that I don't know what his local club was; they said they'd find out and also post notices at Division and Section level. Again, does anybody know if he had a primary club he attended?

You know who might know is Bill JTY, if anyone has his email addy. I know he visited Albert at least once.

ab1ga
12-17-2011, 06:50 PM
Anyone know how to:

1. Find Billhelm
2. Keep him from telling us to f-off before we tell him what happened?

n2ize
12-17-2011, 06:51 PM
Anyone know how to:

1. Find Billhelm
2. Keep him from telling us to f-off before we tell him what happened?

Yeah, he is on FB.

W7XF
12-17-2011, 07:03 PM
Bill has been told. He shares our sadness.

rot
12-17-2011, 07:34 PM
Wow.
Truely at a loss for words here.
My best to his family.
rot

W3WN
12-17-2011, 08:26 PM
Aw, damn.

Didn't see this one coming at all. Not very good news at all, but thanks for finding out Dale.

If I hear anything via N3LLR, I'll let everyone know.

Damn, damn, damn.

W1GUH
12-17-2011, 08:26 PM
I got a Christmas card from Albi and his significant other and it's dated 12 December 2011. Must really have been sudden.

VE7DCW
12-17-2011, 08:36 PM
Good grief!! .... most horrible news..... I'm sorry to hear about this! :(

N1LAF
12-17-2011, 08:51 PM
I am at a loss of words here.. Albi was more than a member, he was an institution. His writings would rival William Buckley, and gave me new vocabulary. He was also a gentleman. He will be greatly missed here.

NQ6U
12-17-2011, 08:57 PM
He was also a gentleman. He will be greatly missed here.

He was the most gentlemanly and humane of the lot of us, Paul. The Island lost a huge piece of it's soul with his passing.

ki4itv
12-17-2011, 08:58 PM
I'm totally bummed.
RIP Albi.

K7SGJ
12-17-2011, 08:59 PM
I hope where ever he is, he and Andy Rooney are trading barbs.

kf0rt
12-17-2011, 09:00 PM
I posted this to the (super secret) mod forum (where little ever goes on), but while Albi's last post here was on 12/6, he was logging in here (daily, I think) up until the morning of the 12th. Matters not in the grand scheme of things, but I think he enjoyed the company here.

Still in shock.

Carlo says, "If you're in heaven, give 'em hell." Albi would have loved that.

Take care of each other, brothers and sisters. Life is short and half the shit we bitch about ain't worth a fart in a windstorm.

ab1ga
12-17-2011, 09:21 PM
I got a Christmas card from Albi and his significant other and it's dated 12 December 2011. Must really have been sudden.

His wife said he'd been sick since Thanksgiving, but entered the hospital on Monday, which is the 12th if my math is right. She said the cancer moved quickly. He probably thought about your situation and decided to send the card; that's the kind of man he was.

W1GUH
12-17-2011, 09:52 PM
His wife said he'd been sick since Thanksgiving, but entered the hospital on Monday, which is the 12th if my math is right. She said the cancer moved quickly. He probably thought about your situation and decided to send the card; that's the kind of man he was.

Thanks. Probably exactly right.

Again, R.I.P, dear friend, Albi.

NQ6U
12-17-2011, 09:53 PM
Carlo says, "If you're in heaven, give 'em hell." Albi would have loved that.

And, remember, it was Albi who dubbed me "Carlo" to begin with, using the proper Italian variant of my given name.

Take care of each other, brothers and sisters. Life is short and half the shit we bitch about ain't worth a fart in a windstorm.

I Agree With You Completely.

kf0rt
12-17-2011, 10:16 PM
And, remember, it was Albi who dubbed me "Carlo" to begin with, using the proper Italian variant of my given name.

Yer stuck with it now, Carlo. Life is like that, and t'were it me, I might wear it like a badge. You're one smart fuck for a truck driver, ya' know? Da Island amazes me like this. Weirdos from all walks of life but amazingly sane, and sometimes even "proper."

Albi gave me a lot of hope, but the general membership here does too.

Back later... This has been a bad day in more ways than one.

W4GPL
12-17-2011, 10:19 PM
I'm still stunned by this. :-| I didn't know Albi as well as some of you, but he was always such a kind and generous guy; to me and The Island in general. We've lost a dear friend.

I've lost a lot of ham radio friends over the years, but this one really is hitting me hard. :nono:

Rest in peace friend.

NQ6U
12-17-2011, 10:25 PM
Yer stuck with it now, Carlo. Life is like that, and t'were it me, I might wear it like a badge.

I accepted it at first because it came from him, then began to like it and officially as of now, I'm proud of it.

You're one smart fuck for a truck driver, ya' know?

Thanks. I think.

Albi gave me a lot of hope, but the general membership here does too.

I agree—this is a rare bunch.

Back later... This has been a bad day in more ways than one.

Sorry to hear that, hope the other ways were not as bad as the one.

WØTKX
12-17-2011, 10:37 PM
This hurts so damn much, I've been sobbing for over half an hour.

I've lost a mentor and a real friend. :cry:

N8YX
12-17-2011, 10:48 PM
I've lost a mentor and a real friend. :cry:

All of us have.

Albi really seemed to be enjoying "rediscovering radio" over the last few years. Pity he couldn't join us for the occasional Island 75/40M 'phone net which we conducted - or perhaps some keyboard to keyboard in the form of PSK31, a mode that many here (including him, from what I understand) operate enthusiastically.

Those of you who did get to work 'MIV on the air or interacted with him personally: Treasure that memory.

ka8ncr
12-18-2011, 12:05 AM
Albert's wordsmithing was the finest of any online community, and better than most of the so called professionals who appear in papers and magazines.

I'll miss that, and the intellectual curiosity and free thinking. Not to mention, he was a ham's ham.

WØTKX
12-18-2011, 12:37 AM
I really wanted him to write at Smirking Chimp. He would have enjoyed contributing there.

NA4BH
12-18-2011, 12:41 AM
WOW, just WOW.

R.I.P OM

NQ6U
12-18-2011, 01:15 AM

Glad to hear that I'm not the only one.

WV6Z
12-18-2011, 01:48 AM
Oh fuck no! I have known a number of you for a few years now and no insult intended, Albi was the very best of the best of us...... shit..... for fucks sake..... RIP my brother..... W3MIV de WV6Z sk sk e e

KA9MOT
12-18-2011, 02:00 AM
Damn... What do you say? What a shame.

rot
12-18-2011, 03:37 AM
I really wanted him to write at Smirking Chimp. He would have enjoyed contributing there.
Would that have been cool or what? He had a blog a one time...thought I had bookmarked it somewhere. Class A stuff as typical writs of Albert go. I always thought he could write so well as to make it an effortless read to whatever subject he addressed. He could make 'em dance.... thoughts via word, that is.

To you Albert! Thanks for it.
rot

WX7P
12-18-2011, 03:47 AM
Come around more often, rot. Just ignore us flaming partisans.

w2amr
12-18-2011, 04:25 AM
Damn. :(

rot
12-18-2011, 04:30 AM
Come around more often, rot. Just ignore us flaming partisans.
I hear ya and Thanks. Every time I tried the ignor thing I end up reading the shit anyway...so there ya go.
Take Care!
rot

suddenseer
12-18-2011, 09:35 AM
Damn damn damn. I go away from the Island for a day or so, and this. Albi is on my Island friends list. He gave me some personal advice in IMs. His advice was spot on. I am going to miss him. Fare thee well, my friend.

ki4itv
12-18-2011, 10:13 AM
:cry:

Glad to hear that I'm not the only one.
You were part of a group, actually.
I just had to turn away and find something to do...

n4aud
12-18-2011, 02:01 PM
I've been away from the internet over the weekend staying with my parents. I'm stunned. RIP.

n2ize
12-18-2011, 02:49 PM
It's hard to believe. I still sign on expecting to see one of his posts in the politics section. My mind simply cannot accept what has happened. I remember mentioning once that I was interested in black powder guns and shooting. Albert told me that if I decide to get involved in the hobby/sport to contact him and he will offer advice and help getting started. Sadly that isn't going to happen now.

kb2crk
12-18-2011, 03:09 PM
FUCK, how the hell is this the first i am seeing this. RIP Albert. I might say more after I get over the shock.

N8GAV
12-18-2011, 03:45 PM
Like everyone else this is sad news to me also. Rest in peace Albi my friend.

w0aew
12-18-2011, 08:41 PM
I loved it when Albi would craft some bodacious word bomb then ram it up some twit's puckered anus. May he and Samuel Johnson sit before heaven's roaring tavern fire roasting little, small-minded fuckwits on tiny spits.

n2ize
12-18-2011, 10:15 PM
I was just reading the "To Shave or not to Shave" thread from early in November and it was almost making me want to cry.

http://forums.hamisland.net/showthread.php?19447-To-shave-or-not-to-shave

NQ6U
12-18-2011, 10:26 PM
John, I tear up just looking at my own sig.

VK3ZL
12-19-2011, 06:03 AM
I am extremely sad to hear this news...I have always enjoyed Albi's trysts with word craft here...I have exchanged quite a few emails with him over these past couple of years and he was a man who deserved the greatest respect..

I have just caught up to this thread and right now I have a hollow feeling in my stomach..

One of the best..

Bob..VK3ZL..

W3WN
12-19-2011, 08:35 AM
The following went out in over the Atlantic Division News mailing list last night:

*** Atlantic Division Assistant Director Becomes Silent Key ***

Albert Schramm W3MIV passed away on Friday, December 16th after a short illness.

Albert was instrumental in the development of Atlantic Division surveys and his salient advice and counsel will be missed. His sense of humor was legendary.

His family is planning a memorial service to be held in January.

Please join us in extending condolences to his family.

73, Bill Edgar N3LLR, Atlantic Division Director
Tom Abernethy W3TOM, Atlantic Division Vice Director

--------------------------------------------------------------------
ARRL Atlantic Division
Director: Bill Edgar, N3LLR
n3llr@arrl.org

suddenseer
12-19-2011, 12:10 PM
The following went out in over the Atlantic Division News mailing list last night:

*** Atlantic Division Assistant Director Becomes Silent Key ***

Albert Schramm W3MIV passed away on Friday, December 16th after a short illness.

Albert was instrumental in the development of Atlantic Division surveys and his salient advice and counsel will be missed. His sense of humor was legendary.

His family is planning a memorial service to be held in January.

Please join us in extending condolences to his family.

73, Bill Edgar N3LLR, Atlantic Division Director
Tom Abernethy W3TOM, Atlantic Division Vice Director

--------------------------------------------------------------------
ARRL Atlantic Division
Director: Bill Edgar, N3LLR
n3llr@arrl.orgThat was nice Ron, thanks for either sending that out, or facilitating the mailing. I sometimes wonder when reading these 3 line blurbs in the newsletters, or bulletens what the life of the stranger (to me) was like. How many peoples lifes did he/she touch? This reinforces my thoughts that 3 line announcements don't do anyone justice, but we cannot stuff volumes into a short bulleten, can we?

PA5COR
12-19-2011, 12:31 PM
Is it important? we that liked him for what he was, know.
I,m sure he knew too how many people liked him, as did his family.
That is what counts.

N2NH
12-19-2011, 05:09 PM
Vaya con Dios, Albi.

W1GUH
12-20-2011, 11:12 AM
I think that Albi would've wanted me to share this with island...

I'm comforted by what I saw when my mom passed on and when my father-in-law and dear, dear friend passed on. Both of them were very peaceful, painless, and with full acceptance. I have to believe that that was the case with Albi.

R.I.P., dear friend.

And, yes, I'm in tears doing this. You could fly a 747 through the big, gaping hole in my heart and soul.

:(

ab1ga
12-20-2011, 12:50 PM
There is now a memorial Web site for Albi at:

http://albert-schramm.forevermissed.com/

K7SGJ
12-20-2011, 01:24 PM
Thanks for posting the link.

NA4BH
12-20-2011, 01:49 PM
Has anyone looked at the birthday listings of the day?

K7SGJ
12-20-2011, 01:55 PM
Yeah, I noticed that.

W7XF
12-20-2011, 01:58 PM
Would someone get Gretchen in here...Albi deserves one more visit from her!

WØTKX
12-20-2011, 03:26 PM
Actually, I think he would rather get another hug from his wife.

K7SGJ
12-20-2011, 03:39 PM
:agree::agree:

ab1ga
12-20-2011, 04:48 PM
OK, I did it, and I can't undo it.

Barbra resent the memorial web site address and said she'd like to hear from Albi's friends. Kudos to Corey for being the first Islander to post a comment there.

Then I gave her the web address of the Island. I did warn her that we were a bit of a rough bunch, and that language and images might not be, um, suitable for genteel society.

Then I remembered Gretchen! Somebody tell that girl to put some clothes on, if Mrs. Albi sees that who knows what might happen!

Oh, she also said she might "keep up the tradition" and get a ham license.

Now, if I only knew who "Kiwi" is?

KC2KFC
12-20-2011, 05:20 PM
This is really sad news. I'm going to miss the old codger. What I will miss the most is his prose. He had such a command of the English language even when we disagreed I enjoyed reading his posts. Many a time I had to crack open the old dictionary to find the meaning of a word or two he used. He definitely improved my vocabulary.

Rest in peace Albert.

WØTKX
12-20-2011, 05:23 PM
Even though Albi was old in years, he never struck me as an old codger.

His brilliant mind, philosophy, and ethics seemed young, and full of life.

ki4itv
12-20-2011, 05:48 PM
... He definitely improved my vocabulary.

Rest in peace Albert.

I'll second that! We were moving on to grammar as well...little hope for me now.

KG4CGC
12-20-2011, 06:20 PM

yeah.
Happy Almost Birthday.
A single malt in your honor, Albi.

K7SGJ
12-20-2011, 06:38 PM
I'll drink to that.................

NQ6U
12-20-2011, 08:34 PM
I'll drink to that.................

Make mine a double.

ki4itv
12-21-2011, 12:44 AM
Ah F*ck! Just pass the bottle over here...

W1GUH
12-21-2011, 12:47 AM
To Albi!

http://www.thegrapevinewines.com/images/Glenlivet%2018.jpg

N7YA
12-21-2011, 12:54 AM
Ugh! My dad used to drink that stuff. Now he's in prison in Texas...coincidence?

ki4itv
12-21-2011, 01:10 AM
Death before Texass. I think Albi would go along with that.

ab1ga
12-21-2011, 12:59 PM

Yep, on the first anniversary of the first birthday Albi didn't celebrate the world is going to end.

k9kxq
12-23-2011, 02:17 PM
I did not know that Albi had passed, I will miss him, I use to check in here everyday but has of late maybe once a week...

Albi was one of my favorites, always a great debater,always truthful and passionate,knew what he was talking about and never pulled it out of his ass like some I read, rest well my dear friend...

Jimmy

HUGH
12-23-2011, 03:37 PM
A proper Gent. I wondered why it was so quiet and now it'll be quieter still.

W1GUH
12-23-2011, 04:40 PM
Ugh! My dad used to drink that stuff. Now he's in prison in Texas...coincidence?

Know what? Maybe this is a better choice....

http://www.scotchnoob.com/images/scotches/balvenie_12_doublewood.jpg

N7YA
12-24-2011, 07:41 PM
Most likely. Im not a drinker anymore so im quite out of the loop.

KG4CGC
12-24-2011, 07:43 PM
18 y/o Glen is pretty swank. No need to second guess. Just leave them both out.

N7YA
12-24-2011, 07:44 PM
I would never second guess a bartender. ;)

KG4CGC
12-24-2011, 07:54 PM
I would never second guess a bartender. ;)

non critical
Peace.

N7YA
12-24-2011, 08:32 PM
I am literally an idiot when it comes to scotch. I worked in the food industry for years and used to know what the top shelf stuff was, but i somehow forgot. I know that Popov Vodka will have you wishing for death...and cleans battery terminals pretty well, and that Grey Goose is nice and clean...but scotch? I fail.

KG4CGC
12-24-2011, 09:01 PM
I am literally an idiot when it comes to scotch. I worked in the food industry for years and used to know what the top shelf stuff was, but i somehow forgot. I know that Popov Vodka will have you wishing for death...and cleans battery terminals pretty well, and that Grey Goose is nice and clean...but scotch? I fail.
When it became chic, like the cigar craze, there were many boutique distilleries trying their hand in the market. Stick with the established names. It's the one area I am very conservative in.

N7YA
12-25-2011, 06:10 PM
Oh god! The big difference there is a pot-bellied conventioner can strut out on the dance floor, think he's cool and try to hit on women his daughters age a lot easier with a snifter of scotch than a cigar. When assholes with cigars, especially under the age of 50, stand right in front of the stage and suck their brown, smoldering dicks...then waft the putrid smoke right into my face, i just want to kick the neck right out from under their empty head.

Its NOT cool, it never was, it never will be! Women hate cigars! If you enjoy a good cigar at home, or in the company of other cigar enthusiasts, cool. Its the human pugs who think its a social status symbol that make me want to poop in their mouths to see how they like it.

ka8ncr
12-25-2011, 09:29 PM
Which one of you sumbitches owns a Thesaurus? I haven't been learning any new words here lately.

N7YA
12-25-2011, 10:17 PM
Hell, i done lost mine. English....tooo....hard....now!

K7SGJ
12-25-2011, 10:22 PM
Yep. I come across some of Albis posts in other threads, and I am reminded of how much I enjoyed his postings. A little bit of this site died the day he passed. :cry:

NQ6U
12-25-2011, 11:09 PM
Yep. I come across some of Albis posts in other threads, and I am reminded of how much I enjoyed his postings. A little bit of this site died the day he passed. :cry:

I'm finally getting to the point where looking at my own sig doesn't make me tear up.

K7SGJ
12-26-2011, 12:01 AM
I'm finally getting to the point where looking at my own sig doesn't make me tear up.

Yes, it's a pisser. I am amazed how someone you've never met can touch you so deeply.

kf0rt
12-26-2011, 05:46 AM
Yes, it's a pisser. I am amazed how someone you've never met can touch you so deeply.

True, dat. :(

WV6Z
12-26-2011, 08:38 AM

Truth =(

PA5COR
12-26-2011, 08:49 AM
We should not mourn his death, but celebrate his life and legacy he left us.
I came to this point, after the normally expected grief after hearing about him passing away.
He touched us all, and in my opinion made us better.l
Thanks for that my friend.
Have a laugh at us from above.

K7SGJ
12-26-2011, 10:36 AM
I came to this point, after the normally expected grief after hearing about him passing away.

He would never laugh. A hardy guffaw, chortle, titter, or cachinnate perhaps, but laugh? Never !! :angel:

N7YA
12-26-2011, 04:11 PM
I choose to 'titter' for Albi. :)

K7SGJ
12-26-2011, 04:34 PM
Somehow, that dosen't surprise me. However, I'm with you on that.

WX7P
12-27-2011, 12:36 AM

Agreed, my friend from across the pond.

You're in the same category...

Janet

PA5COR
12-27-2011, 04:45 AM
Thanks Janet, appreciated ;)
He is the man i'll never will be.

ab1ga
12-27-2011, 06:33 PM
He is the man i'll never will be.

Good thing, too. My thesaurus is already dog-eared, and I don't want to have to deal with a Dutch one as well. Things could get out of hand in a hurry that way.

suddenseer
12-28-2011, 01:32 PM
I will pile on now, Albi has forgotten more than a collection of us Islanders will ever learn. He offered sane, objective help for me in PMs.
Albi, if you can read this, you are missed. We all miss you. I don't know if the premise of the following song is real, or not. I hope that it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Drw4aZhdT8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Drw4aZhdT8

kb2vxa
12-28-2011, 01:57 PM
Oh you just HAD to go and do it! 'Scuse me while I dry off my keyboard.........

The song fits and IMO a good choice, that was the one for the RAF pilots who left the field and didn't return.

On the brighter side:

Therell be bluebirds over
The white cliffs of Dover
Tomorrow
Just you wait and see

I'll be waiting until you import them, Vera, there are no bluebirds in England. (;->)

kf0rt
12-28-2011, 06:59 PM
Albi's Obit; courtesy The Baltimore Sun

Sun, The (Baltimore, MD) - December 24, 2011
Deceased Name: Albert J. Schramm , technical writer
Albert J. Schramm, a retired technical writer who had founded Albert Schramm & Associates, died Dec. 16 of cancer at Howard County General Hospital.

The Howard County resident was 68.

The son of the superintendent of the Baltimore Maritime Exchange and a PBX operator, Albert Joseph Schramm was born in Baltimore and raised in Edmondson Village.

After graduating in 1961 from Mergenthaler Vocational High School, he enlisted in the Army, where he attained the rank of sergeant and served in intelligence in Germany.

He was discharged from the Army in 1967, and he remained an active reservist until 1970.

From the early 1970s until the 1980s, Mr. Schramm was an account manager for the Barton-Gillette Co. In 1983, he joined Creative Communications Co., which later became the Douglas-Innes Co., where he rose to vice president.

In the late 1980s, he established Albert Schramm & Associates, which prepared annual reports and other technical publications.

He retired in 2005.

A ham radio operator with the call letters W3MIV, he was a member of the Island of Misfit Hams radio club.

He was also a member of the National Rifle Association, Associated Gun Club, Carroll County Gun Club and the Garrison Rifle and Revolver Club.

Plans for a memorial service to be held Jan. 17 at the Garrison Forest Veterans Cemetery were incomplete yesterday.

Surviving is his wife of 25 years, Barbra Colquitt; and a brother, Bernard "Buz" Schramm of Ocean View, Del.

Sun, The (Baltimore, MD)
Date: December 24, 2011
Edition: FINAL
Page: 12A
Record Number: 11122620250911
Copyright (c) 2011 The Baltimore Sun Company

K7SGJ
12-28-2011, 07:08 PM
Thanks for finding that and posting it here, Rob. He had a very active and sucessful life.

Peace

ki4itv
12-28-2011, 07:10 PM
Gonna miss that guy.

W1GUH
12-29-2011, 12:01 AM
Thanks for the obit!

PA5COR
12-29-2011, 06:23 AM
For a year we (Albi and me) had a score of Mails running about his time here in Europe, the weapons he and i had, the hobby and the Island in common.

You might remember the few piccies i put up about our gunclub that was one of the things he liked.
I know my control of the English language is so so, specially compared to his immense knowledge, but he insisted i kept on doing my thing, as did N2NH.

So, thanks to Albi you lot are stuck with me until some head honcho decides enough is enough.

Take care Albi, as long i live you are not forgotten.
R.I.P.

K7SGJ
01-11-2012, 09:06 AM
Every so often, I am redirected, or come across a thread with one of Albi's posts. As I reread them, I am reminded how much I miss him, and his postings.

ki4itv
01-11-2012, 09:11 AM
Every so often, I am redirected, or come across a thread with one of Albi's posts. As I reread them, I am reminded how much I miss him, and his postings.
You and I both, my friend.

NQ6U
01-11-2012, 10:35 AM
Make it three.

KC2UGV
01-11-2012, 10:37 AM
I was feeling that way with the WSPR and Shaving threads... Gave me the sad :(

K7SGJ
01-11-2012, 11:10 AM
Sad indeed, but you have to admit, many of his posts still bring a smile ,or at a least gri, to your face.

KC2UGV
01-11-2012, 11:30 AM
Sad indeed, but you have to admit, many of his posts still bring a smile ,or at a least gri, to your face.

That, they do :) It's like a happy-sad all at once. Weird.

rot
01-11-2012, 12:42 PM
He had rebutted to something on QRZ in the wayback(cant remeber what probably something of a political nature) which still cracks me up every time I think of it.
It goes sort of like ...."Sir, the words in your post stick in my mind as do Goat Turds flung upon a stone wall...
Gawd that was great...sent me to the floor laughing. Can't even look at a goat without crackin up.
Take Care OM.
rot

WØTKX
01-11-2012, 02:10 PM
Men who stare at goats? Maybe the wrong end of the goat? I like to imagine Albi just laughed at this, eh?

We honor his memory by keeping up the snark! Need moar two bit words tho...