PDA

View Full Version : Want to Buy----Want to Sell

K7SGJ
12-16-2011, 09:17 PM
WTB Looking for some metal clad mica capacitors of various but common values, interested in most any value. Also, I can always use (at the right price) some HF RF output transistors in the W52 flange mount package or T93 stud mount. Common numbers include MRF454, SD1407, etc.

WTS I have a very large quantity of IBM docking stations. Some have external supply (included) some are internal. They are for the T20, T30,T40, and possibly a few other series. I think some of the R and A series work with these, too, but not sure. One style is a Type 2878 mini-dock, and the other is a Type 2877 full size. Some of these may still have an optical drive or other extra in them. Many have 1 or 2 keys. $5ea plus shipping. There is all kinds of stuff inside of them, plus sockets galore. I'd be tickled to move them all, so if you computer gurus know anyone that might want them for whatever purpose, let them know I've got around 100-150+ of these things. I also found some desktop memory that I will send to whoever can use it for the price of postage. I will gladly split it up if several people need different sticks. FCFS They include:

4ea 512Mb PC2-5300
2ea 512Mb 184 pin PC2700 333MHz
1ea 2Gb PC2 -4200
1ea 512Mb PC2-4200
1ea 1Gb 240 pin DDR2 PC2
1ea 512Mb PC 2700 333MHz DDR 184 pin
1ea 1Gb 667 MHz PC2-5300
2ea ??? each one has 8ea KT1285333413 chips on each side and have a sticker that has UM in bold green lettering on it.

Thanks
eddie

N8YX
12-17-2011, 09:47 AM
I have a great big box (30lbs) of oil-filled and mica HV caps - assorted values. Interested?

K7SGJ
12-17-2011, 09:54 AM
They need to be the type used for vhf/uhf stripline applications. They look like these.............

N8YX
12-17-2011, 10:27 AM
Need to look in the "other" (other) junkbox for those. The caps I mentioned are suitable for bypass, filtering and coupling duties in heavy-iron AM and tube SSB constructs.

K7SGJ
12-17-2011, 10:37 AM
Yeah, these are for RF tuning/bypass/coupling in uhf/vhf transmitters/amps etc. Oscillation is a problem at the higher frequencies and the leadless caps are the only way to go. If the distance works out to be close, I might be able to use SMT style caps. I'll look at that if I can lay my hands on the MCM style. Thanks for looking.

W3WN
12-19-2011, 08:39 AM
Eddie,

Do you know if the T40 docking stations are compatible with on the T42 laptops? If they are, we'll talk about two.

K7SGJ
12-19-2011, 09:18 AM
Eddie,

Do you know if the T40 docking stations are compatible with on the T42 laptops? If they are, we'll talk about two.

I'm not sure. Let me check it out.

K7SGJ
12-19-2011, 09:42 AM
Yes indeed they will. I was pretty sure, but I've only used them up to the T41.

Info on 2878 mini dock http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/ThinkPad_Mini-Dock#Features

info on 2877 Dock II http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/ThinkPad_Dock_II

The 2878 is lighter and a little more compact. The 2877 has more features including the ability to put in a 1/2 size PCI slot, and an ulta bay for a FDD or CD/DVD. If you opt for the 2877, I'll send you a FDD and an optical drive for each plus a spare and a spare docking station for parts should you ever need them. And the best part is..................I reduce the inventory a bit and get a wee more space to store some other crap.

W3WN
12-19-2011, 10:07 AM
Spoke with my boss. The good news is, he confirms that the T40 docking stations will work with the T42 laptop.

The not so good news... well, he had one more docking station than I realized.

The good news for me... we're going to make arrangements for me to acquire the T42 that doesn't have one. Reason being... it has a busted LCD screen. Someone had the security key for it sitting on the keyboard, closed the laptop without looking, and crunch. The unit itself works fine, so once I get it, it will go into the shack with an external monitor.

And this should work great in the shack, where room's at a premium. I can mount everything on a slide-in shelf out of the way, and free up space underneath as well.

So how about this... if they're still $5 ea + shipping, how about I take both a 2877 & 2878, just PM me on how to get the shekels to you. Ground shipping is fine, there's no immediate rush.

K7SGJ
12-19-2011, 10:30 AM
You're going like the laptop. I've still got several T30s here. I have one in the wood shop, one the radio bench, one one the clock bench, and one for digital ops in the shack. Probably have a couple more I'm not using and will probably sell off here soon. The T41s were a major improvement over the 30s and the 42s even more so. The broken screen is no biggie as using an external allows you to use much higher resolution anyhow.

I'll drop a T30 on the stations prior to shipping, to be sure there are no issues. If you should have any problems, let me know; I'll make it right. I'll send you am PM a little later today with the details, film at ten.

W3WN
12-19-2011, 10:49 AM
I do like the T42's, I was disappointed when that screen got busted due to carelessness. Especially when it was from someone on the IT staff (yes, I know who) who ought to know better.

Until we bought the T400's, these two were our main "loaner" laptops. They originally were used primarily by our producers & account exes, along with projectors, when making sales calls. When we went from 2 loaners to 6 (4 with projectors, 2 without) these two became the spares.

One thing that's going to have to happen is that the encryption will have to be removed... or more likely, we'll just blow the whole drive away and reinstall XP from the factory disks. (The USB encryption key fob was what was left on the keyboard...).

K7SGJ
12-19-2011, 11:29 AM
If it's going to be a real keeper for you, LCD displays are fairly cheap on Ebay, actually so is a parts machine. I've changed several out on the 30s and 41s, and while not difficult, there are a boatload of screws of various sizes holding it all together. Tedious comes to mind. If you need another HD, I may have an 80Gb IDE Hitachi around here. THat's what the T40s came with.

W3WN
12-19-2011, 01:12 PM
If it's going to be a real keeper for you, LCD displays are fairly cheap on Ebay, actually so is a parts machine. I've changed several out on the 30s and 41s, and while not difficult, there are a boatload of screws of various sizes holding it all together. Tedious comes to mind. If you need another HD, I may have an 80Gb IDE Hitachi around here. That's what the T40s came with.I can definitely use the drive. Let me know how much you want for it.

And I do plan to keep my eyes open for a parts machine, but I'm not worried about it. The intended use in the shack may actually mean I'm better off without the screen...

K7SGJ
12-19-2011, 01:26 PM
I can definitely use the drive. Let me know how much you want for it.

And I do plan to keep my eyes open for a parts machine, but I'm not worried about it. The intended use in the shack may actually mean I'm better off without the screen...

PMx2 inroute.

K7SGJ
12-19-2011, 01:29 PM
I can definitely use the drive. Let me know how much you want for it.

FWIW, I just use the mini dock with an external monitor in the shack, and rarely use the internal.

W3WN
12-21-2011, 04:11 PM
FWIW, I just use the mini dock with an external monitor in the shack, and rarely use the internal.
That's what I have in mind. I did this a few years ago with an old Dell Win98 laptop that had a blown screen.

Most likely, I will mount the laptop in one of the docking stations semi-permanently, on a shelf (to be added) below the main operating position. If I get real ambitious and tear the shack apart (and the last remodel didn't go as planned, so I'm thinking about it) I'll put the laptop/dock on a sliding shelf, something like a keyboard shelf... pull it out to turn on, and pull out just far enough to type when I need the keyboard. If I get real ambitious.

K7SGJ
12-21-2011, 07:01 PM
I use a small wireless keyboard and mouse made by Gyration. The KB is perfect with a small footprint, and the mouse can be used as an air mouse. It's pretty cool.

K7SGJ
01-10-2012, 02:39 PM
Sold two. Still have 3/4 metric shitload of dockers left.

NQ6U
01-10-2012, 04:07 PM
Still have 3/4 metric shitload of Dockers left.

The attorney for Levi Strauss & Co. wants to have a talk with you about this

K7SGJ
01-10-2012, 04:51 PM
Not that chick named Jean. I heard she's a slacker, and she pants alot, too.