PDA

View Full Version : Puerto Rican Rocket Fuel

N8YX
12-16-2011, 09:15 PM

'DSG threw two double shots on the rocks back at a local wing joint earlier tonight. Everyone there said she was crazy.

Poured her into the car (I'm the D-D), got her home...now it's my turn at the Bacardi, as I'm into our stash. For medicinal purposes, mind you: I've been fighting an on-and-off bout of sore throat/bronchitis for the past week. Nothing will fix it better than strong spirits.

NA4BH
12-16-2011, 09:20 PM
Don't stand too close to a flame. :rofl:

151 Good night nurse

K7SGJ
12-16-2011, 09:22 PM
This post belongs in the Jetex/Estes Rocket fuel thread

KG4CGC
12-16-2011, 09:42 PM
This post belongs in the Jetex/Estes Rocket fuel thread

Quoted for mother fucking truth.

WØTKX
12-16-2011, 11:22 PM
I don't drink anymore, but try making holiday rumballs with that 151.

Keep 'em in the freezer (Uncle Ebenezer), they are tasty that way.

NA4BH
12-16-2011, 11:51 PM
If you are into rum, try a little bit of orange juice, passion fruit juice, and passion fruit flavored rum (Q.S. to fill the glass). Mighty tasty Puerto Rican drink.

And as a side note about Puerto Rico, the Pina Colada was invented at the Hilton in San Juan ($13 USD each).

KC2UGV
12-17-2011, 12:08 AM
Me, Vodka and whatever mixer. Rum is for the depressed nights (Blackheart Rum, 93 Proof FTW).

W1GUH
12-17-2011, 05:04 AM
You know how to take care of yourself. I usually let Dr. Jack Daniel ease a cold.

'DSG threw two double shots on the rocks back at a local wing joint earlier tonight. Everyone there said she was crazy.

Poured her into the car (I'm the D-D), got her home...now it's my turn at the Bacardi, as I'm into our stash. For medicinal purposes, mind you: I've been fighting an on-and-off bout of sore throat/bronchitis for the past week. Nothing will fix it better than strong spirits.

N8YX
12-17-2011, 07:10 AM
No Jack in da house last night. I actually got a good night's sleep as a result, but this stuff in my chest is really holding on.

Corey, a friend in the area has some Absolut which we may be sampling in the near future.

W1GUH
12-17-2011, 07:20 AM
You NAILED it! That's exactly how I use the good doctor for a cold. Sleep like a babe!

KC2UGV
12-17-2011, 10:55 AM
No Jack in da house last night. I actually got a good night's sleep as a result, but this stuff in my chest is really holding on.

Corey, a friend in the area has some Absolut which we may be sampling in the near future.

Absolut is ok. Not bad, but not great. But, if you're not buying...

N8YX
12-17-2011, 11:11 AM
Absolut is ok. Not bad, but not great. But, if you're not buying...

Nope. ;)

There's also a bottle or two of Stolichnya floating around. May have to check that out, as I've never had it.

n2ize
12-17-2011, 11:50 AM
I want to get some 190 proof Everclear but unfortunately you can't buy it in New York. I'll have to go over to New Jersey to get it.

W1GUH
12-17-2011, 12:04 PM
Nothin' wrong with that! In fact, even in Bergen Co. with it's blue laws about what can and can't be open on Sunday, you can get liquor. That was good to know before NY changed the law.

n2ize
12-17-2011, 06:49 PM
Nothin' wrong with that! In fact, even in Bergen Co. with it's blue laws about what can and can't be open on Sunday, you can get liquor. That was good to know before NY changed the law.

It would still be nice if I could get it locally.But maybe one of these days I'll head over to the jersey side.

K7SGJ
12-17-2011, 07:13 PM
It would still be nice if I could get it locally.But maybe one of these days I'll head over to the jersey side.

Tried Sherwin Williams or Dunn Edwards?

KC2UGV
12-17-2011, 08:46 PM
Nope. ;)

There's also a bottle or two of Stolichnya floating around. May have to check that out, as I've never had it.

You will not be disappointed with Stoli. It is the best of the best, IMO. Seconded by Sobieski, with Russian Standard coming in a close third.

All of them are cheaper than the swill that Greygoose calls vodka.

W1GUH
12-17-2011, 08:50 PM
You will not be disappointed with Stoli. It is the best of the best, IMO. Seconded by Sobieski, with Russian Standard coming in a close third.

All of them are cheaper than the swill that Greygoose calls vodka.

I can second the Stoli recommendation. A few years ago I knew a Russian who'd recently come over. He was pure Russian, and was completely into the Vodka shot ritual. I asked him what Russians consider the best vodka, and he said, without hesitation, Stoli!

Russians can be very friendly, ebullient people! I loved him and his life-loving ways.

n2ize
12-18-2011, 12:39 PM
Tried Sherwin Williams or Dunn Edwards?

Actually no. The stuff they sell is a bit too denatured.

n2ize
12-18-2011, 12:43 PM
I can second the Stoli recommendation. A few years ago I knew a Russian who'd recently come over. He was pure Russian, and was completely into the Vodka shot ritual. I asked him what Russians consider the best vodka, and he said, without hesitation, Stoli!

Stoli is great but way too expensive. In my case I can't stand the taste of the stuff anyhow. If I do drink I do so for the effect of getting alcohol into the bloodstream. That's why my interest in the everclear, it's cheap, potent,... a lot of bang for the buck.

Russians can be very friendly, ebullient people! I loved him and his life-loving ways.

I am part Russian... Yes, we can be friendly but what the heck are you stereotyping us for ??? That takes some damned nerve and who do you.I.... Just kidding...:)

N8YX
12-19-2011, 04:30 PM
Stoli is great but way too expensive. In my case I can't stand the taste of the stuff anyhow. If I do drink I do so for the effect of getting alcohol into the bloodstream. That's why my interest in the everclear, it's cheap, potent,... a lot of bang for the buck.

See my 'Shine' thread elsewhere in F&D. There should be another quart of the stuff over at my friend's this week; his family makes just enough for personal consumption. I'm seriously thinking about putting a small still together and running a gallon or so a year. Maybe let some of it age for a while and see how it tastes.

NA4BH
12-19-2011, 04:40 PM
My mother brought home some PGA that was used with testing lasers (or something to do with them), many years ago. It was in a 7up bottle. Coming in late one night, I raided the fridge. Umm 7up. You know the rest.

K7SGJ
12-19-2011, 04:45 PM
Hmmmmmm. That DOES expalin a lot. :-D

N8YX
12-19-2011, 07:33 PM
My mother brought home some PGA that was used with testing lasers (or something to do with them), many years ago. It was in a 7up bottle. Coming in late one night, I raided the fridge. Umm 7up. You know the rest.
It's the Un(conscious)Cola! :rofl:

W1GUH
12-20-2011, 04:13 PM

I am part Russian... Yes, we can be friendly but what the heck are you stereotyping us for ??? That takes some damned nerve and who do you.I.... Just kidding...:)

Knew you were kidding, but you're right on about stereotyping. Shoulda said "That guy.."

Again, thanks for keepin' it real, John.

n2ize
12-20-2011, 10:19 PM
Knew you were kidding, but you're right on about stereotyping. Shoulda said "That guy.."

Again, thanks for keepin' it real, John.

No, nothing wrong with saying "Russian guy". I don't think you were stereotyping at all. I was joking around all the way.

W1GUH
12-21-2011, 12:54 AM
Cool!