PDA

View Full Version : Christopher Hitchens gone at 62

KJ3N
12-16-2011, 10:43 AM
A very sad day (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/12/16/christopher-hitchens-dead_n_1152786.html?ref=media). :(

suddenseer
12-16-2011, 12:28 PM
Let's pray for him. On a serious note, his wit and wisdom will be missed.

NQ6U
12-16-2011, 12:41 PM
His premature death was a result of God's Wrath towards his outspoken atheism.

(You know Pat Robertson going to be saying that real soon now...)

W1GUH
12-16-2011, 02:10 PM
Just heard about that here. The one article I read was that the cause of death was complications from chemo for esophageal cancer. He contracted pneumonia.

Hearing that make me feel like Lou Gehrig when he said he was ""The Luckiest Man on the Face of the Earth"". That's what I've got, but all indications are that the will definitely NOT happen to me. As easy as the treatment has been, it's inconceivable that I'd wind up with such a serious complication. I'm sure that the doctors and nurses would agree with me.

I'll miss Mr. Hitchens, too. R.I.P, Cristopher.

KG4CGC
12-16-2011, 02:57 PM
Only thing I know about the man was an interview on 60 Minutes a couple of years go. Seemed delightful enough and outspoken in his circle.

suddenseer
12-17-2011, 10:02 AM
Only thing I know about the man was an interview on 60 Minutes a couple of years go. Seemed delightful enough and outspoken in his circle.Go to Yooutube, search, there is a plethora of vids of him in skillful debates about the existence of god, et.al.

WØTKX
12-17-2011, 10:45 AM
He argued (rather successfully) that religion was not needed for humans to be moral and good. And got a little wound up (too far IMHO) about the "evils" of the Muslim religion after 9/11. Well even before. It's the interpretation by so called leaders of fundamentalist sects that cause the problem.

When it becomes a reason to discriminate against others at best, and rationalizing violence against "sinners" at worst... he was absolutely correct.

It amazes me that this simple idea(l) is lost on the righteously indignant. When people go around saying "man is inherently evil"... besides being wrong, it's the seed of destruction. Because it condemns many for the stinking thinking (and actions) of the few.

N8YX
12-17-2011, 10:55 AM
His premature death was a result of God's Wrath towards his outspoken atheism.

(You know Pat Robertson going to be saying that real soon now...)
As surely as the sun will rise.