PDA

View Full Version : An E-mail from Hank N8GAV

VE7DCW
12-14-2011, 08:18 PM
The thread that got started about Bob NA4BH being MIA had me expressing concerns about Hank N8GAV who has been MIA from the Island since about September.A couple of the members had e-mailed me requesting if I could maybe find out if Hank was O.K. .......seing I had Hank's e-mail address ....... I received word back from Hank himself that he's been doing poorly but he's asked me to post his e-mail reply to me to respond to his friends on the Island:

Hi Gerry,

Totaly my fault for not checking in sooner. I had some major health issues, my sugar went wacky and I mean out of space wacky. Took a while to get it under control. Then I started to have "flash backs" from the PTSD and spent form Nov. 3rd to the 29th in lock down at the VA Hospital Highland Drive in Pittsburgh Phyic unit. On top of all that my son is going through a nasty divorce, wife and I are not getting along, makes me want to go back to that phyic unit just for the peace and quiethttp://mail.yimg.com/ok/u/assets/img/emoticons/emo1.gif. As you see I haven't loss my sense of humor! Damn wonder what's up with Bob, not like him to just drop off the face of the earth? Have you checked with Brian about him? Sorry to hear about Mac, I know one time he was talking crazy about suicide, I hope that is not what he did, I know I have been there and that's not the answer. He was going through some rough times, losing his home and such but hell there are a lot of people here losing homes, times may be tough but doing something stupid is not a way out, unless it's our buddy up your way, THAT would be a blessing!

Share this email with the gang on the Island, tell all I said hello and it is nice that they cared enough to check up on me. I have made some good friends there and as soon as things calm down I will be back, miss debating with Paul (He's a closet Lib but won't admitt it....) Albi, Carlos, Tim, Luke, Jeff , and yes even our Teagager buddy Mike, Jim ,Fred, and you Gerry and anyone else I feft out, Thank you for caring.Glad to know someone misses me.

Hank

...... Get Well Hank ....we're definately looking forward to seeing you back here on the Island!:agree:

suddenseer
12-14-2011, 09:05 PM
I really hope Hank gets back to 'normal' soon. He was so elated to be able to attend a Steelers playoff game last season. I was so happy for him. Hank is cool, we have a similar background as broadcast engineers. Hank is good people.:agree::agree::agree:

N1LAF
12-14-2011, 09:53 PM
I think we should make this thread a place for us to send Hank 'get well' wishes, and hope Gerry would not mind the chore of copy/e-mail our posts on this thread.

Hank,

you better get well fast because we have a lot of debating to catch up with!! We still have to schedule for our QSO on the air. Closet liberal? HA! I am trying to put 'compassion' back into conservatism! Anyways, get well, and looking forward to your return soon!!

/r
Paul

w2amr
12-15-2011, 04:09 AM
Hope to see you back soon Hank.

N8YX
12-15-2011, 04:25 AM
Sucks that you're out of commission and out of contact. Here's hoping you'll be back soon.

ad4mg
12-15-2011, 04:39 AM
I look forward to your return, Hank, and I do hope everything sorts itself out. Take care of yourself, we'll leave the light on!

PA5COR
12-15-2011, 05:00 AM
^Wat they said Hank, wishing you all the best in health and personal circumstances.

NQ6U
12-15-2011, 08:39 AM
Hang in there, buddy, get well soon! And go easy on the Haldol.

W3WN
12-15-2011, 11:11 AM
Gee, wish I'd known Hank was in the area... I sure hope he stayed off the .09 and .73 repeaters, if he didn't, that might explain a few things...

Hang in there, we'll be here whenever you're ready for us!

KC2UGV
12-15-2011, 11:39 AM
Well wishes Hank. Hoping you get on your feet quickly.

VE7DCW
12-18-2011, 09:16 PM
Nice to see you back Hank!!! ....... you can rest assured that we kept the talking behind your back to a minimum ..... :spin:

N7YA
12-20-2011, 07:11 PM
I think we should make this thread a place for us to send Hank 'get well' wishes, and hope Gerry would not mind the chore of copy/e-mail our posts on this thread.

Hank,

you better get well fast because we have a lot of debating to catch up with!! We still have to schedule for our QSO on the air. Closet liberal? HA! I am trying to put 'compassion' back into conservatism! Anyways, get well, and looking forward to your return soon!!

/r
Paul

Hank called you a closet liberal! :lol:

Thats priceless. :agree:

Get better Hank, we need to keep as many of us around as possible. Get down here and grab a brewski...Barkeep! Set him up, im buying.

N1LAF
12-20-2011, 07:13 PM

Get better Hank, we need to keep as many of use around as possible. Get down here and grab a brewski...Barkeep! Set him up, im buying.

Thaaanks!

Besides, Hank is a good cause, even if we disagree politically

N7YA
12-20-2011, 07:16 PM
Cant make a true work of art with only one color. :)

N8GAV
12-20-2011, 07:50 PM
Nice to see you back Hank!!! ....... you can rest assured that we kept the talking behind your back to a minimum ..... :spin:

Well Gerry it was my friends and not my enama's talking about me :) One good thing about the island, you didn't changed the locks on me like I found when I came home...................

N8GAV
12-20-2011, 08:05 PM

Get better Hank, we need to keep as many of us around as possible. Get down here and grab a brewski...Barkeep! Set him up, im buying.

Don't let Paul BS you Adam, he likes to stir up the crap and sit back and laugh ! He really voted for Obama......Oh wasn't to say that sorry Paul, but the cat's out of the bag now. I'll Pass on the brewski's for now. Tell you what brother hit that bass line, I got the lead "Life Been Good To Me So Far"

suddenseer
12-20-2011, 08:23 PM
Hank, I can tell you're not quite 100% yet. Some of us cannot wait until you're 100%, BREAK OUT!! with both guns ablazen.

N8GAV
12-20-2011, 08:30 PM
Thaaanks!

Besides, Hank is a good cause, even if we disagree politically

Yep Paul I'm GOOD Cause I want my health back. It's not we disagree politically , it's I believe half of what I read and nothing of what I hear :)

W3WN
12-20-2011, 08:32 PM
Well Gerry it was my friends and not my enama's talking about me :) One good thing about the island, you didn't changed the locks on me like I found when I came home...................I didn't know you knew my ex...

N8GAV
12-20-2011, 08:33 PM
Hank, I can tell you're not quite 100% yet. Some of us cannot wait until you're 100%, BREAK OUT!! with both guns ablazen.

That day is coming Tim just going to take a little time

N8GAV
12-20-2011, 08:36 PM
I didn't know you knew my ex...

Me ether Ron but hey it's a small world so who knows.............

N7YA
12-21-2011, 12:59 AM
Don't let Paul BS you Adam, he likes to stir up the crap and sit back and laugh ! He really voted for Obama......Oh wasn't to say that sorry Paul, but the cat's out of the bag now. I'll Pass on the brewski's for now. Tell you what brother hit that bass line, I got the lead "Life Been Good To Me So Far"

:lol:
If he voted for Obama, then he is exactly what i thought he was, a conservative republican. Thats what Obama turned into, right? At least Big O wont be spewing any tea party racism this campaign.

As for bass, ill do ya one better, hook me up with Joe Walsh himself, i can hang...ill play anything he wants. :)

suddenseer
12-21-2011, 05:37 AM
:lol:
If he voted for Obama, then he is exactly what i thought he was, a conservative republican. Thats what Obama turned into, right? At least Big O wont be spewing any tea party racism this campaign.

As for bass, ill do ya one better, hook me up with Joe Walsh himself, i can hang...ill play anything he wants. :)Joe plays a Carvin as well. Got my eye on an old ricky from early 80's...5 string of course. Gotta have that low B .

KK4AMI
12-21-2011, 08:05 AM
Get well Hank, I can recommend some good tea that will get you healthy :)

Need to move into the sunshine, that'll pick you up! I remember living in Dayton Ohio was pretty depressing. Ohio above I-70 was usually pretty depressing all winter. The lake effect clouds and snow wouldn't allow you to see sunshine from Nov to May.

N8GAV
12-21-2011, 11:13 AM
Get well Hank, I can recommend some good tea that will get you healthy :)

Need to move into the sunshine, that'll pick you up! I remember living in Dayton Ohio was pretty depressing. Ohio above I-70 was usually pretty depressing all winter. The lake effect clouds and snow wouldn't allow you to see sunshine from Nov to May.

Sorry Mike but I'll stick to coffee ! :) Besides the Steelers are not out of it yet, and then there are the Pens, and for Ron and I come's the Priates !!! ( As for why we root for The Pirates well your from the Pittsburgh area You know) Living close to Pittsburgh is a good thing.

N7YA
12-22-2011, 02:46 AM
Joe plays a Carvin as well. Got my eye on an old ricky from early 80's...5 string of course. Gotta have that low B .

I just bought a fretless Carvin 5, really nice. But my workhorses are always my American Jazz basses. Dont need the 5th string when you mute chord the octave to sound like the B string...little trick. ;)

K7SGJ
12-22-2011, 10:14 AM
I was always told to beware of tricky bass players.

N7YA
12-22-2011, 09:49 PM
Here i thought nobody wanted to meet the bass player except the soundguy. Instead of "Sign my tits!", i would get crusty mullets saying "whatcha running?".