PDA

View Full Version : Who knows atout Sibelius First?

W1GUH
12-13-2011, 01:30 PM
Looks like an ideal software package for my current interest in that direction. The current version is 7, but the demo download is 6 & it has numerous problems running on my machine. It doesn't.

Lots of support about this on the Sibelius web page...pity none of that worked.*

Website also says that Version 7 has fixed all that. Will be asking about it down at the Guitar Center, probably tomorrow.

*But the exorcize was a good thing. Found I had Google Desktop to my surprise! Got rid of that. Did the system file check and that turned up a clean bill of health.

WX7P
12-13-2011, 02:15 PM
Oh, software. I thought you were talking about the Finnish composer...

W1GUH
12-13-2011, 02:40 PM
:-D

And one of my favorites!

W1GUH
12-13-2011, 02:40 PM
"But the exorcize was a good thing. "

Guess you could say that, too!

K7SGJ
12-13-2011, 02:43 PM
I thought it was about the Secretary of HHS.

W1GUH
12-14-2011, 08:08 PM
Think the problem is solved. I was down at the Guitar Center and told them what happened with Sibelius First. What they suggested is to try "finale PrintMusic"...it's as good or better, and will most likely run on my computer. Same price ($100).

What this software is is an editor for writing commercial quality scores...AND will play them for you. The guy said, "Awesome Sound!" Will report after I've played some.

The new workstation came today, too. Not gonna sleep tonight, that's for SURE!

W1GUH
12-14-2011, 09:37 PM
It load and runs just fine. Now....to figure out what the hell to with it.

W1GUH
12-14-2011, 10:09 PM
Might disappear for a while. This software is outstanding. The GUI is very intuitive...didn't need to RTFM to notate and play a couple of chorale bars. This is definitely going to be an infinite time sink. Always wanted something to do this (http://www.finalemusic.com/printmusic/default.aspx).

There's a free 30 day trail there. Go for it.