PDA

View Full Version : Any marching band fans here?

W5GA
12-12-2011, 09:22 PM
If so, you'll want to see this performance of the Norwegian Royal Guard. The rifle drill team is awesome...the rifles used by these guys are U.S. made WWII M-1 Garand's, weighing in at a hefty 9lbs. and a bit more each...plus the bayonet. The really long trumpets you'll see with the attached banners are called herald trumpets, don't see them very often.
http://sorisomail.com/partilha/16993.html

W1GUH
12-13-2011, 12:51 AM
Outstanding!

I'd love to seem them live....very stirring. And the hours they put in practicing? Wow!

Thank you very much.

WX7P
12-13-2011, 11:52 AM
Great! Wonderful! Fantastic!

Where'd you find this? I especially like the "Moment for Morricone". Good, Bad and the Ugly played by a marching band and drill team. YES!

BTW, No Sousaphones for these guys. Those were real tubas, and not light.

NQ6U
12-13-2011, 02:04 PM
I sent off that link to my two brothers-in-law. Both were members of The Kingsmen, a hot-shot Los Angeles area drum-and-bugle corps back in the early Seventies, and they were impressed. "They're bangin' " is how one of them put it.

W5GA
12-13-2011, 06:30 PM
Where'd you find this?
I didn't find it, Jan...came via email from a friend.

W5GA
12-13-2011, 06:32 PM
I sent off that link to my two brothers-in-law. Both were members of The Kingsmen, a hot-shot Los Angeles area drum-and-bugle corps back in the early Seventies, and they were impressed. "They're bangin' " is how one of them put it.
Yah! My youngest did the drum and bugle corp a few years back. For those that have never seen this, google "Drums of Summer". If they come nearby, GO SEE IT! If they come within a couple hundred miles, GO SEE IT!!!!