PDA

View Full Version : Interesting "sport"?

K7SGJ
12-09-2011, 12:39 PM
Don't know if this was posted here before. It looks to be real, but I'm beginning to wonder. If this IS possible, it might be fun to try it, but not with my machine.

http://www.flixxy.com/yamaha-raptor-sport-atv.htm

ab1ga
12-09-2011, 01:04 PM
New Hampshire banned snowmobile skimming in 2005, saying the new law would "help keep the snow machines off the bottom of the lake, where they leak fuel and oil."

They also had a bit of a mortality problem, so they wussed out.

"Live Free or Die", my eye!

w2amr
12-09-2011, 05:10 PM
New Hampshire banned snowmobile skimming in 2005, saying the new law would "help keep the snow machines off the bottom of the lake, where they leak fuel and oil."

"Live Free or Die", my eye!I kind of agree with the part about oil and gas in the lake. Snowmobile snow, boat lake.

WA4TM
12-09-2011, 05:25 PM
Don't know if this was posted here before. It looks to be real, but I'm beginning to wonder. If this IS possible, it might be fun to try it, but not with my machine.
http://www.flixxy.com/yamaha-raptor-sport-atv.htm

Ha Ha HA!!!! I'll bet Jesus never made it across a stream that fast!!!!

On edit, there is NO WAY I would try that "sport". With my luck the machine would spin around and I would end up with a 30 gallon enema!!!!:mrgreen:

PA5COR
12-09-2011, 06:24 PM
Yep, can be done, saw it happen here on a lake nearby here.
Not that i would try it of course...

WØTKX
12-09-2011, 11:16 PM
I've tried that on downhill skis. Can you say flailing starfish? :snicker:

n2ize
12-10-2011, 03:09 AM

"Live Free or Die", my eye!

Probably some environmentalist wacko's started complaining about it and got the ban. The same kind of mental cases that want ATV's, Snowmobiles, powerboats, motorbikes, etc. banned from upstate and downstate New York. basically the mentality of these people is, if it isn't covered with fur and walking on four legs then it has no right to exist.

n2ize
12-10-2011, 03:10 AM
Incidentally this is a sport I would love to try.

w2amr
12-10-2011, 04:18 AM
Probably some environmentalist wacko's started complaining about it and got the ban. The same kind of mental cases that want ATV's, Snowmobiles, powerboats, motorbikes, etc. banned from upstate and downstate New York. basically the mentality of these people is, if it isn't covered with fur and walking on four legs then it has no right to exist.
Maybe they should start offering hunting permits for ATV's, Snowmobiles, powerboats, motorbikes, etc. That would be entertaining .