PDA

View Full Version : Lady Gaga

KA9MOT
12-08-2011, 12:41 AM
With the exception of Poker Face, I really dislike her music. She turns out to be very outspoken on a number of subjects (Bullying is one) and because of that, I think she is my new hero.

NQ6U
12-08-2011, 01:05 AM
She turns out to be very outspoken on a number of subjects (Bullying is one) and because of that, I think she is my new hero.

Give me your lunch money, kid!

KA9MOT
12-08-2011, 02:32 AM
LOL! That could back fire on you very quickly. I was a bit of a bully in grade school myself. I am glad I out grew that.

Stevie on the other hand is a very large and strong young man (12 years old), but he has a gentle spirit and until he lost control of his temper last year has been bullied by both girls and boys all of his school life because he is also a Star Wars Geek. They mistook his kindness for weakness and learned a strong lesson about that. Now they want to be his friend, but he is having none of it because he does not trust them. Their loss because he is a great kid.

w2amr
12-08-2011, 04:50 AM
With the exception of Poker Face, I really dislike her music. She turns out to be very outspoken on a number of subjects (Bullying is one) and because of that, I think she is my new hero.
She was probably drunk.
http://celebrities.ninemsn.com.au/?blogentryid=660972&showcomments=true

KA9MOT
12-08-2011, 04:59 AM
Seh was probably drunk.
http://celebrities.ninemsn.com.au/?blogentryid=660972&showcomments=true

I've been known to get drunk (been a long time), been known to grab myself (I am certain I saw the Cardinal's Pitcher grab himself during the World Series as well), and though I have never been banned from any stadium, I have been banned from "DA ZED" and 1 foreign country (My entry into Canada was denied).

Hal Steinbrenner is a sissy.

Therefore I say, "Small Potatoes"

KC2UGV
12-08-2011, 07:59 AM
From the get-go; I couldn't tolerate her music. Just more of the bubble-gun pop type music. However, after going to one of her concerts with my wife; I developed a new-found respect for her, and her art (Yes, it's art).

She is a fantastic performer, above all. She knows how to put on a show. And, she designs the show.
She is a fantastic musician. Yes, a musician. She plays (As far as I've counted), 12 separate instruments; including piano, violin, and guitar.
She is a fantastic lyricist. She writes her music, and got her start by writing Britney Spear's music.
She is a political force to be reckoned with. In a single night, she engaged 25K+ people to do something they most likely never did prior: Contact their legislator.

N2CHX
12-08-2011, 08:03 AM
Not much on most of her music either, but that doesn't make her any less awesome.

W1GUH
12-08-2011, 08:18 AM
I've been known to get drunk (been a long time), been known to grab myself (I am certain I saw the Cardinal's Pitcher grab himself during the World Series as well), and though I have never been banned from any stadium, I have been banned from "DA ZED" and 1 foreign country (My entry into Canada was denied).

Hal Steinbrenner is a sissy.

Therefore I say, "Small Potatoes"

"(My entry into Canada was denied)"

Me, too.

WV6Z
12-08-2011, 12:42 PM
I watched her on The Graham Norton Show yesterday....... she really is very talented and about as cool as they come, IMHO. Not a big fan of her music, but the productions that are her videos are awesome. Not sure who does them for her if she doesn't do them, but, the video for Alejandro is frickin epic in my book!

suddenseer
12-08-2011, 08:45 PM
From the get-go; I couldn't tolerate her music. Just more of the bubble-gun pop type music. However, after going to one of her concerts with my wife; I developed a new-found respect for her, and her art (Yes, it's art).

She is a fantastic performer, above all. She knows how to put on a show. And, she designs the show.
She is a fantastic musician. Yes, a musician. She plays (As far as I've counted), 12 separate instruments; including piano, violin, and guitar.
She is a fantastic lyricist. She writes her music, and got her start by writing Britney Spear's music.
She is a political force to be reckoned with. In a single night, she engaged 25K+ people to do something they most likely never did prior: Contact their legislator.You left out she does her own arraignments of her self written music. I am not crazy about her sound, but I am crazy about her. She is indeed awesome.

kf0rt
12-08-2011, 08:53 PM
Saw a Lady Gaga deal on one of the news magazine shows some time ago.

She's smart as a whip and very talented but has focused her career on the cash cow biz of being a Diva. Lots of talent, but her desire is to milk her nubile public for all the moolah she can get. She even admits this.

A true American, as things go these days.

KC2UGV
12-08-2011, 09:08 PM
Saw a Lady Gaga deal on one of the news magazine shows some time ago.

She's smart as a whip and very talented but has focused her career on the cash cow biz of being a Diva. Lots of talent, but her desire is to milk her nubile public for all the moolah she can get. She even admits this.

A true American, as things go these days.

And, much of that money she donates to worthy causes. On her last tour; she matched donations sent to a mobile number (Txt 55589 to donate $10 to Cause Y).

kf0rt
12-08-2011, 09:13 PM
And, much of that money she donates to worthy causes. On her last tour; she matched donations sent to a mobile number (Txt 55589 to donate $10 to Cause Y).

Didn't know that and no complaints here; just not a big fan of her music.

NQ6U
12-08-2011, 09:37 PM
Didn't know that and no complaints here

I heard she eats puppies.

kf0rt
12-08-2011, 09:43 PM
I heard she eats puppies.

With ketchup and mustard.

w2amr
12-09-2011, 05:33 AM
Too bad she can't stand up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhfgQwb90Q

W3WN
12-09-2011, 09:12 AM
Lady Gaga is the latest in a series of popular entertainers. It appeals to a young crowd. The performances are flashy, full of a heavy techno beat. The songs are topical, if shallow. And there is a deliberate risque depiction in the performances, a bit of skin, a bit of implied sex, and other levels of outrageousness.

And she can even sing, which is more than some of her predecessors could do.

She's making a fortune. Well, good for her. While her music is not to my taste, she has found a niche in the entertainment field, and is exploiting it.

That said, unlike many of her predecessors, she is taking time to champion quite a few causes. She is taking advantage of her moment of fame, letting people know what she believes in, encouraging people (and in a positive way), and putting her own money into them. Good for her.

NA4BH
12-17-2011, 01:21 AM
She stumbles when I get done with her too......... :lies:

If you saw her Thanksgiving special, you would see that she can sing almost anything. Her initial background is jazz. The young lady can belt out the tunes. She's weird, but very good at what she does.

KG4CGC
12-17-2011, 01:26 AM
She can hold her own with Elton John and more.
What show was she on when she sang and played piano side by side with Elton John? Not my thing but she was awesome.
They were both awesome.

VE7DCW
12-17-2011, 01:30 AM
You know .... I can't even name a song of hers .....or even tell you if it's done by her if I even heard it played ......guess thats the impression she leaves on me...... :dunno:

NA4BH
12-17-2011, 01:37 AM
You know .... I can't even name a song of hers .....or even tell you if it's done by her if I even heard it played ......guess thats the impression she leaves on me...... :dunno:

This could be NSFW, depending where you work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrO4YZeyl0I&ob=av3e

n2ize
12-17-2011, 05:15 AM

Same deal here. Basically I am not interested.

w2amr
12-17-2011, 05:42 AM
You know .... I can't even name a song of hers .....or even tell you if it's done by her if I even heard it played ......guess thats the impression she leaves on me...... :dunno:I like watching her fall down.