PDA

View Full Version : RIP Harry Morgan

NQ6U
12-07-2011, 01:57 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/42/Jack_Webb_Harry_Morgan_Dragnet_1968.JPG

Go get 'em, Officer Gannon!

PA5COR
12-07-2011, 03:00 PM
R.I.P.

Damn, I'm old enough to remember that...

K7SGJ
12-07-2011, 03:14 PM
I just heard this on the way home. A very sad day. I remember him in Pete and Gladys back in the 50s. Also very good opposite Webb. He was a very funny guy and he will be missed. One of my favorite M*A*S*H episodes was the one where Frank ran over Potters' jeep with a tank. The Col. went over and delivered the Coup de gra'ce to the jeep with his .45. Old calv never dies.

RIP

ETA I also heard that Roy Orbisons wife passed today, as well. 23 years to the day that Roy died. RIP Barbara

w0aew
12-07-2011, 05:52 PM
I remember him in Pete and Gladys back in the 50s.

Was that December Bride?

K7SGJ
12-07-2011, 06:12 PM
Was that December Bride?

December Bride, Spring Byington, (sp?) was the original series. Pete and Gladys were the crazy neighbors. P&G was born from the December Bride series.

W4GPL
12-07-2011, 09:25 PM
Watching an episode of MASH now in honor of Mr. Morgan. MASH was the first sitcom I watched as a kid, in reruns of course. :D It's still a classic.

-Before Harry Morgan was a cast as a regular on MASH, he appeared in an earlier episode as a supporting episode as a different character.

-Col. Potter's horse's name was Sophie.

-Col. Potter was from Missouri and had one daughter and a grandson; a no good son-in-law too.

Any other random facts about the good Col. Potter? No cheating, off the top of your head only. :)

Unfortunately, Harry Morgan had at least one instance of domestic abuse, but I'm sure she deserved it. :P (kidding!) RIP Harry, congrats on the long successful life.

WA4TM
12-07-2011, 09:33 PM
Watching an episode of MASH now in honor of Mr. Morgan. MASH was the first sitcom I watched as a kid, in reruns of course. :D It's still a classic.

-Before Harry Morgan was a cast as a regular on MASH, he appeared in an earlier episode as a supporting episode as a different character.

-Col. Potter's horse's name was Sophie.

-Col. Potter was from Missouri and had one daughter and a grandson; a no good son-in-law too.

Any other random facts about the good Col. Potter? No cheating, off the top of your head only. :)

Unfortunately, Harry Morgan had at least one instance of domestic abuse, but I'm sure she deserved it. :P (kidding!) RIP Harry, congrats on the long successful life.

General Hamilton Steele, 3 e's not all in a row... He had to leave in a rubber truck according to Hawkeye...

VE7DCW
12-07-2011, 10:43 PM
General Hamilton Steele, 3 e's not all in a row... He had to leave in a rubber truck according to Hawkeye...

I'll always remember the "musical number" General Steele wanted that enlisted man to perform at Hawkeye's court hearing...... his rendition of "Mississippi Mud" was hilarious! ....loved it! :spin: