PDA

View Full Version : FAR%#$T&$ Chinese hardware!!!

suddenseer
12-06-2011, 06:30 PM
I am both pissed and amused. Yesterday, due to the heavy rain my $200 1HP sump pump failed, or so it appeared. The basement flooded, got into the washer, dryer, furnace. My emergency back up barely kept pace with the incoming water after I got it running. It did not get the water down until today. I was able to get in the sump pit today, and to my bewitchment the pump was down there blowing bubbles. A fargin 25 cent hose clamp had sprung open. The bolt was still tight. I replaced all of the clamps. All of that damage for a 25 cent piece of cheap hardware. I do have water back up insurance rider with my homeowners policy. I hate Ohio. :rant:

ab1ga
12-06-2011, 06:47 PM
Seek the high ground in all things, it enables you to hold your head high in the face of moral challenges and flooded basements in Ohio. But not necessarily in Fort Wayne, Indiana.

W5GA
12-06-2011, 06:50 PM
Yup, it's always in the details. Glad you're ok, though.

A $2 bearing cost the Granatelli Bros. the 1967 Indy 500.

WØTKX
12-06-2011, 07:12 PM
Oh. Are you sure it wasn't Union Made right here in the USA? :evil:

suddenseer
12-06-2011, 07:56 PM
Oh. Are you sure it wasn't Union Made right here in the USA? :evil:As a union member...I resemble that remark. Maybe it was made on Monday, or Friday...like the old Detroit automobiles.

WØTKX
12-06-2011, 07:57 PM
Bwaaaa! :neener:

ka4dpo
12-07-2011, 12:01 AM
I am both pissed and amused. Yesterday, due to the heavy rain my $200 1HP sump pump failed, or so it appeared. The basement flooded, got into the washer, dryer, furnace. My emergency back up barely kept pace with the incoming water after I got it running. It did not get the water down until today. I was able to get in the sump pit today, and to my bewitchment the pump was down there blowing bubbles. A fargin 25 cent hose clamp had sprung open. The bolt was still tight. I replaced all of the clamps. All of that damage for a 25 cent piece of cheap hardware. I do have water back up insurance rider with my homeowners policy. I hate Ohio. :rant:

I hate Ohio too and I don't even live there.

KA9MOT
12-07-2011, 11:52 PM
I hate Ohio too and I don't even live there.

Damn...me too! My problems with Ohio go all the way back to my childhood!