PDA

View Full Version : Over to our Spanish border

PA5COR
12-04-2011, 07:41 AM
Five Germans in an Audi Quattro arrive at the Spanish border.

The Spanish Customs Officer stops them and tells them "It'sa illegala
to putta 5 people in a Quattro."

"Vot do you mean it's illegal?" asks the German driver.

"Quattro meansa four" replies the Spanish official.

"Quattro is just ze name of zefokken automobile" the germans says
unbelievingly. "Look at ze dam papers: ze car is designed to karry 5
persons"

"You canta pulla thata one on me!" replies the Spanish customs officer.
"Quattro meansa four. You have five-a people ina your car and you are
thereforea breaking the law."

:mrgreen:

The German driver replies angrily, "You idiot! Call your zupervisor
over.

I vant to speak to someone viz more intelligence!"

"Sorry" responds the Spanish officer, "He can'ta come.. He'sa busy
witha 2 guys in a Fiat Uno"

KJ4FEL
12-04-2011, 11:00 AM
LOL :lol:

KB3LAZ
12-04-2011, 11:33 AM
Five Germans in an Audi Quattro arrive at the Spanish border.

The Spanish Customs Officer stops them and tells them "It'sa illegala
to putta 5 people in a Quattro."

"Vot do you mean it's illegal?" asks the German driver.

"Quattro meansa four" replies the Spanish official.

"Quattro is just ze name of zefokken automobile" the germans says
unbelievingly. "Look at ze dam papers: ze car is designed to karry 5
persons"

"You canta pulla thata one on me!" replies the Spanish customs officer.
"Quattro meansa four. You have five-a people ina your car and you are
thereforea breaking the law."

:mrgreen:

The German driver replies angrily, "You idiot! Call your zupervisor
over.

I vant to speak to someone viz more intelligence!"

"Sorry" responds the Spanish officer, "He can'ta come.. He'sa busy
witha 2 guys in a Fiat Uno"

Impossible, the Germans would never drive through France.

NQ6U
12-04-2011, 12:16 PM
We had a Spanish boarder once but he went back to Barcelona.

BTW, the Spanish word for four is spelled cuatro. Quattro is the Italian spelling.

PA5COR
12-04-2011, 02:16 PM
The Germans drove through France in WW2 pretty quick, and France is still a favorite holliday destination for them.

When we went to France on our hollidays the first thing we did was to make clear we were Dutch, not German.
That had it's reasons as you might think so...

Quatro or cuatro what's the difference fo their customs officers with that kind of accent ;)

W3MIV
12-04-2011, 02:57 PM
I traveled pretty extensively throughout France during the 60s, when the war was still very fresh in many minds. I have no French, but spoke German -- which proved a mistake. Even in the most rural outposts where English was more imagined than understood, the fact that I was an American -- and a soldier to boot -- stood me in good stead where e'er I wandered, even in Paris.

Our star began to lose its sheen when LBJ went bananas in SE Asia, and the French (for obvious reasons) lagged most of the rest of Europe in the awareness that the VN war was a war of liberation in which the Viet on either side of the divide wanted all round eyes and all Catholics out of their country. Of course, we never did get that point.

PA5COR
12-04-2011, 03:29 PM
The French still detest Germans even after 66 years they had 2 WW's fought on their ground, since i like to visit Cathedrals in France, even small village churches, there is just in front or in the church a large plaquette with the names of the fallen soldiers from that village/city in both wars, row after row of names.

It will take another few generations before that will subside, we witnessed it on our own holidays with the first visit to the local shops, and when we told them we were Dutch it was as curtains opened.

You can still feel the same sentiment here in the older generation, even in the baby boomer's.
Only the last generation doesn't really have any bonds with what happened 65 years back, like me, i do.
We lost my father's brother executed for being part of the Dutch underground movement fighting the Germans in occupied time like my father also did.
His last letter before his execution by the Germans is in the family scrap and photo book i inherited of my parents after they passed.
They never found out where he was buried after the execution.

It might be the reason for the anti war sentiments of a continent that saw 2 large wars destroy people and property withing a few decades.
Mostly the poor and civilians suffered from that, and enough is enough was the 1960's and further sentiment.

W3MIV
12-04-2011, 05:01 PM
As painful as it was, Cor, the legacy is priceless in terms of the lessons learned. That is a large part of our problem here -- the lionization of the military and the gut-wrenching phony patriotism of citizens who have not suffered such direct tragedy since the 1860s. The asshole Bush misdirected the lessons of 9/11 and used them for shallow political fodder, a ploy which continues even now.

At some point, our string will run out. It always does.

PA5COR
12-04-2011, 05:29 PM
Problem is before the string runs out how many will suffer from it?

After WW1 and WW2 we in Europe lived for decades in the frightening shadow of WW3 with atomic weapons, first battlefield Europe....and complete inahilation.

That was the core reason for all the peace protests and movements.
People here had more then enough to be the playing ball and on the recieving end of any war, we've been there several times.

Your country didn't have any invaders and certainly not such devastation as we had here, maybe that should have been a olearning lesson i never want anyone to go through.

There is no clean war, more and more ordinary citizens are the victims.
But then it's easy to wage war safe in your bombfree bunker sending others to die.

W3MIV
12-05-2011, 06:47 AM
There is no clean war, more and more ordinary citizens are the victims.
But then it's easy to wage war safe in your bombfree bunker sending others to die.

+10000000000000000000000000000

KB3LAZ
12-05-2011, 03:30 PM
Impossible, the Germans would never drive through France.

The Germans didnt drive through France they drove over it..lol.

PA5COR
12-05-2011, 03:55 PM
Ever seen a Tiger tank go through a French house?
I did, in the old "Wochenschau" movies from WW2...

KB3LAZ
12-05-2011, 04:00 PM
Ever seen a Tiger tank go through a French house?
I did, in the old "Wochenschau" movies from WW2...

I dont watch TV mate. :P

WØTKX
12-05-2011, 04:04 PM
Our star began to lose its sheen when LBJ went bananas in SE Asia, and the French (for obvious reasons) lagged most of the rest of Europe in the awareness that the VN war was a war of liberation in which the Viet on either side of the divide wanted all round eyes and all Catholics out of their country. Of course, we never did get that point.

Huh? That's not obvious to most Albi, and you know that.

KB3LAZ
12-05-2011, 04:11 PM
From jesting to eugenics I suppose.

W3MIV
12-06-2011, 06:25 AM
Huh? That's not obvious to most Albi, and you know that.

It should be obvious, especially to anyone who was there.