PDA

View Full Version : Crickets !!

n2ize
11-27-2011, 09:44 PM
Well, it's almost December and I am still running the air conditioner and fans, I am still hearing an occasional cricket chirping and, i am still getting occaisional mosquito bites outdoors. And yet over a month ago we had an October snow storm. Talk about psychotic schizo weather !!

WØTKX
11-27-2011, 09:46 PM
The chirps are in your head?

K7SGJ
11-27-2011, 10:03 PM
I hear that shit all the time.

W1GUH
11-27-2011, 11:14 PM
Jiminy?

n2ize
11-28-2011, 03:31 AM
This building is kept too warm. About 72-73 degrees F which I consider to be uncomfortably warm for indoors. I prefer the temps around 62-66 indoors. Normally at this time of year I keep a window open and that is enough to keep the temp down to a comfortable level. But since it's been so unseasonably warm I've had to throw on the air conditioner.which I have set to 66 degrees. earlier I was taking a rest and the Ac kicked on, cooled the room down and was taking it's sweet time to shut back off. I woke and it was freezing. I had to shut it manually. Looks like I'll probably be using the AC till about Wednesday. It's going to be quite warm till Wednesday and then more seasonably cool for a few days.

PA5COR
11-28-2011, 04:06 AM
September oktober, november too warm and dry for what it should be.
looking at 12 C in the daytime when it should be 3 or 4 C, 7 mm rain over this month 80 mm normal...
Flowers started to bloom again, leaves just dropped off the trees 2 months late, and it'll stay like this at least another 14 days.

w2amr
11-28-2011, 04:18 AM
This building is kept too warm. About 72-73 degrees F which I consider to be uncomfortably warm for indoors. I prefer the temps around 62-66 indoors. Normally at this time of year I keep a window open and that is enough to keep the temp down to a comfortable level. But since it's been so unseasonably warm I've had to throw on the air conditioner.which I have set to 66 degrees. earlier I was taking a rest and the Ac kicked on, cooled the room down and was taking it's sweet time to shut back off. I woke and it was freezing. I had to shut it manually. Looks like I'll probably be using the AC till about Wednesday. It's going to be quite warm till Wednesday and then more seasonably cool for a few days.Try to hang in there. Ok?

N8YX
11-28-2011, 04:34 AM
We had snow on the ground this time last year. Now, temps are hovering around 50F with a predicted cooling trend towards the end of the week. If it doesn't snow much (or at all) this year, not a single tear will be shed.

w2amr
11-28-2011, 04:37 AM
We had snow on the ground this time last year. Now, temps are hovering around 50F with a predicted cooling trend towards the end of the week. If it doesn't snow much (or at all) this year, not a single tear will be shed. You got that right, I'm still using the bike for work. The ride in is a bit nippy, but the ride home is great. Hope it lasts.

N8YX
11-28-2011, 04:42 AM
You got that right, I'm still using the bike for work. The ride in is a bit nippy, but the ride home is great. Hope it lasts.

Too much rain forecast here for a motorcycle commute early this week, George - but I'll get at least one day later on to ride in. Since temps will be in the high 20s I'm going to need the heated clothing.

On the pedal-bike front, I got 75 miles in between T-Day and Black Friday. Could have gone Saturday too (temps in the mid 60s) but needed to do some maintenance work on the bikes.

w2amr
11-28-2011, 05:00 AM
Too much rain forecast here for a motorcycle commute early this week, George - but I'll get at least one day later on to ride in. Since temps will be in the high 20s I'm going to need the heated clothing.

Since I have no heated clothing, they get parked when the temps get into the 20's.

K7SGJ
11-28-2011, 09:20 AM
Since I have no heated clothing, they get parked when the temps get into the 20's.

Here's your chance to design something, and make your fame and fortune. Perhaps something that runs on Coleman fuel? However, I might suggest you have someone else "fire" it up the first time.

suddenseer
11-28-2011, 09:26 AM
Well, it's almost December and I am still running the air conditioner and fans, I am still hearing an occasional cricket chirping and, i am still getting occaisional mosquito bites outdoors. And yet over a month ago we had an October snow storm. Talk about psychotic schizo weather !!John, I am not a healthcare professional, but.....What you describe is what I have dealt with every day of my life 24/7 for the last 13 years. It is called tinnitus. My doc told me there is no cure, and get used to it. I have heard a commercial on the radio promising relief, but remain a bit skeptical. I think the only relief they will supply is to flatten my wallet.

n2ize
11-28-2011, 05:10 PM
Try to hang in there. Ok?

Oh I'm hanging in fine. If it gets too warm i just throw on the AC. I have it set to 66 today. It went on a few times and then shut off.

n2ize
11-28-2011, 05:13 PM
John, I am not a healthcare professional, but.....What you describe is what I have dealt with every day of my life 24/7 for the last 13 years. It is called tinnitus. My doc told me there is no cure, and get used to it. I have heard a commercial on the radio promising relief, but remain a bit skeptical. I think the only relief they will supply is to flatten my wallet.

Nope, not tinnitus. Real crickets. Several of us heard em. Not many, maybe one or two chirping but they were there and the latest I have ever heard them in a season. Over by the railroad you hear lots of them in the brush along the tracks. they start very early on and continue to very late in the season.

n2ize
11-28-2011, 05:15 PM
September oktober, november too warm and dry for what it should be.
looking at 12 C in the daytime when it should be 3 or 4 C, 7 mm rain over this month 80 mm normal...
Flowers started to bloom again, leaves just dropped off the trees 2 months late, and it'll stay like this at least another 14 days.

Sounds like your getting it too. The sooner this mild shit ends the better. I hate this sissy mild crap wx.

n2ize
11-29-2011, 11:36 AM
I am not alone. I was listining on a local repeater just now and I heard two guys mentioning that this mild weather sucks. One guy even referred to this weather as garbage.
Glad to know tI am not the only person who hates mild weather.

w2amr
11-29-2011, 03:43 PM
I am not alone. I was listining on a local repeater just now and I heard two guys mentioning that this mild weather sucks. One guy even referred to this weather as garbage.
And you can bet that neither is a motorcycle rider.

n2ize
11-29-2011, 05:16 PM
And you can bet that neither is a motorcycle rider.

Probably not. But back in the 1970's I knew a chap who would ride from Buffalo NY to NYC in the dead of winter at night and back again. Don't ask me how he did it without dying from frozen.

As for me I just simply love rough weather. Very hot, very cold, as long as its extreme and rough I like it.

K7SGJ
11-29-2011, 07:11 PM
Then summers out here would be a walk in the park for ya.

n2ize
12-01-2011, 01:25 PM
Then summers out here would be a walk in the park for ya.

I like my summers hot (and preferably humid too) and I like my winters very cold. Snow is an option, I don;t care if it doesn't snow just so long as its cold.

n2ize
12-01-2011, 01:25 PM
BTW its finally nice and cool here. I got the window open a bit and the temp is about 65 inside.

PA5COR
12-01-2011, 03:39 PM
The weather weenies cannot decide what the next week will bring.
Yesterday's news: killer storm, Mega storm, 110 miles per hour at least, 950 hPa record low, with snow, without snow, weather alert, polar deep depression, etc, etc, .
Now, just force 8 gale oh well, it's not the 5th of December yet when they expected that storm.
Just checked the guy wires for the 77 feet L.