PDA

View Full Version : Questionability of the character of IOMH occupants…..

WV6Z
11-27-2011, 08:57 AM
............is pure bullshit. I have proof positive and it was waiting for me in my message notification inbox when I logged in here this morning. You know who you are and many thanks for both your concern and offer of help and support! ;)

It's always great to know that we try to look out for each other and that we don't wait for each other to show up in the SK list in QST before we say to ourselves, "Damn, I coulda done something to prevent that....."

W1GUH
11-27-2011, 09:04 AM
I absolute second that! This is a very supportive group that I'm so proud and happy to be a part of...and it sounds like you have even greater reasons to feel that way.

WV6Z
11-27-2011, 09:07 AM
Yarp, could quite literally have been a life vs. death situation. So yeah, I'm pretty darned proud to be here too.

n4aud
11-28-2011, 09:59 AM
I had my character attacked here on IOMH and have seen the character of others attacked here as well. I am not familiar with the situation you are talking about, Tom, and it appears it turned out OK. I guess I just have a different perspective.

W1GUH
11-28-2011, 11:16 AM
I had my character attacked here on IOMH and have seen the character of others attacked here as well. I am not familiar with the situation you are talking about, Tom, and it appears it turned out OK. I guess I just have a different perspective.

It could be that "character attacks" are nothing more than comments that aren't really meant to be like that. Don't really know. But I'm dear friends with one of the members who get taken to task, shall we say, regularly, and in-person he's nowhere near what some people think he comes off as. I'm guessing that in most of the cases like this, a face to face meeting would clear this up well. There are a lot of nuances in the subjects that come up here and in how people relate to each other that can get stomped on in this medium that would be easily handled in a personal meeting.

OTOH, it DOES hurt to get attacked personally, even if that's simply an apparency and not an actual attack. I'm probably guilty of overreacting sometimes.

ad4mg
11-28-2011, 11:30 AM
It could be that "character attacks" are nothing more than comments that aren't really meant to be like that. Don't really know. But I'm dear friends with one of the members who get taken to task, shall we say, regularly, and in-person he's nowhere near what some people think he comes off as. I'm guessing that in most of the cases like this, a face to face meeting would clear this up well. There are a lot of nuances in the subjects that come up here and in how people relate to each other that can get stomped on in this medium that would be easily handled in a personal meeting.

OTOH, it DOES hurt to get attacked personally, even if that's simply an apparency and not an actual attack. I'm probably guilty of overreacting sometimes.
Audie is quite correct. That was a horrible mistake on my part that I deeply regretted and apologized for.

Apologies, however, don't rate too high around here. It is what it is, I reckon.

n4aud
11-28-2011, 11:46 AM
Luke, I don't think we are talking about the same thing. I bear no ill will towards you at all and can't remember you ever attacking me. I have never, to my knowledge, rejected any apology that was offered to me. I've given a few myself and am guilty of on numerous occasions of getting too drawn into the arguments and forgetting there is a person on the other end of the screen. The person I'm talking about is, I believe, incapable of giving an apology.

kf0rt
11-28-2011, 11:54 AM
The important thing is that we all still get to have questionable character. ;)

K7SGJ
11-28-2011, 11:57 AM
I resemble that remark.

W3WN
11-28-2011, 12:09 PM
The fact that our character (overall) is questionable is what makes this place what it is. No wonder I fit in here.

BTW, I do believe that the inspiration for the site's name should be showing up on network TV any time now. I can hear Burl Ives now. (Or is that the background muzak?)

K7SGJ
11-28-2011, 12:44 PM
If it's Muzak, it can't possibly be back far enough.

ad4mg
11-28-2011, 02:43 PM
Luke, I don't think we are talking about the same thing. I bear no ill will towards you at all and can't remember you ever attacking me. I have never, to my knowledge, rejected any apology that was offered to me. I've given a few myself and am guilty of on numerous occasions of getting too drawn into the arguments and forgetting there is a person on the other end of the screen. The person I'm talking about is, I believe, incapable of giving an apology.
Thanks, Audie, I thought that was the case, but I was scratching my head a little. I deserved the scorn I received for the incident I am thinking of, and continue to regret that it happened.

I really appreciate you clearing that up!

WØTKX
11-28-2011, 02:54 PM
Yea sure Luke. But you're a well known Dukes Mayo dealer/pusher...

NQ6U
11-28-2011, 03:20 PM
If denizens of the Island are not of questionable character then why the hell did they let me in?

K7SGJ
11-28-2011, 03:22 PM
I don't think they did, at least not willingly.

KJ3N
11-28-2011, 03:47 PM
I was invited to this looney bin. You have no one to blame but yourselves. :lol:

W3MIV
11-28-2011, 07:06 PM
If denizens of the Island are not of questionable character then why the hell did they let me in?

To make themselves look better, of course.

(You axed fer it!)

K7SGJ
11-28-2011, 07:08 PM
:lol::lol:

NQ6U
11-28-2011, 08:37 PM
To make themselves look better, of course.

(You axed fer it!)

I knew there had to be a reason!

W3WN
11-28-2011, 08:40 PM
If it's Muzak, it can't possibly be back far enough.
Wasn't Todd Rundgren supposed to have bought Muzak Corp in order to shut it down?

BTW, our inspiration will be on CBS tomorrow night, according to the ads.

W3WN
11-28-2011, 08:42 PM
If denizens of the Island are not of questionable character then why the hell did they let me in?They got bribed with a two-bit ring from a cracker back jox? Or was it the dime in Rocky Roccoco's pocket?

(You know I couldn't resist, but that's OK. They're speaking Chinese)

WØTKX
11-28-2011, 08:53 PM
Bribed with Sprague Orange Drops...

VE7DCW
11-28-2011, 08:57 PM
Yup ..... there's a question on who is going to play my character when the Island movie comes out ...... :spin:

WØTKX
11-28-2011, 09:38 PM
How about this guy...

http://youtu.be/LqK7H_XTd00

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqK7H_XTd00

K7SGJ
11-28-2011, 09:39 PM
A movie? About the Island? No one in their right mind would produce it. Well, maybe Ivan Reitman, afterall he did do Animal House.

VE7DCW
11-28-2011, 09:50 PM
How about this guy...

http://youtu.be/LqK7H_XTd00

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqK7H_XTd00

Steve Smith a.k.a. Red Green .......a fine fellow Canadian.... how appropriate! :agree: :rofl:

WØTKX
11-28-2011, 09:52 PM
Well, I didn't think you'd be happy as Harold. :stickpoke:

WV6Z
11-28-2011, 10:40 PM
Well, I had actually taken an hour out of my life to fashion a post that would have immediately had me banned by the new ruling party here. So rather than burn any bridges here and piss off some long term acquaintances that I was stupid enough to think were my friends here, let me just say this before it veers way too far off the bunny trail, pushed by some here who seem to be completely unable to focus on a single subject (if you review the posts on this thread, you will quickly see who has ADD here). An Islander had offered to share and/or assist me in sourcing insulin to help me stick around, take up space and waste good clean air better used by others, for a bit longer. For that kindness and offer of help, I am and will be truly indebted forever.

Now, Rob or Luke, if either of you wouldn't mind, and don't waste your time doing it in the form of a PM or a Message here, where it might likely go unseen for what could be a rather long, indeterminate period of time, please email me, if either of you actually still has my email address, which I sincerely doubt, if you would care to try to explain to me just exactly who the hell some of your fellow administrators are and just exactly what the hell the agenda here has morphed into I would greatly appreciate it. Oh and uh, before anyone here suggests it was Charles who tipped me off to the insanity and bullshit that has been transpiring here, it was not him. In fact, it was I that asked him if he would care to explain to me what the hell is going on here and who the hell some of these 'Administrators' are that have secretly risen to power. Ummm, at a quick glance, it would appear that every member here has two to three private Admins to make their lives hell. He declined to do so as for some reason he seems to like and respect yourselves and most here. Hey, I said Charles was my friend, at no point did I ever say he is or ever was a good judge of character.

No doubt Dead Head Fred at the Zed must be tickled shitless to see what the Island has declined in to.

ad4mg
11-29-2011, 05:06 AM
Email sent. Forgive the rambling - it's difficult to organize coherent thought at 0430!

n4aud
11-29-2011, 05:36 AM
Sorry I derailed your thread Tom!

W1GUH
11-29-2011, 08:38 AM
I know the perfect film maker...but he may be SK. Maybe one of his followers. The name is Joe Christ. I better not google him here. Enjoy!

WV6Z
11-29-2011, 12:38 PM
Audie and the rest of the gang. I really am sorry for being pissy yesterday evening...... I could easily blame it on soaring glucose levels at the moment but I will offer up no excuses for being a prick. Anyway, sorry again guys. Suffice it to say that although I may not be quite comfy with the way some things happen or are handled here of late, I am sure that those who are in charge are managing the forum in the way that they think it should be handled and steering it in the direction that they perceive to be correct. I am just a member and user here and should learn to keep my mouth shut.

ab1ga
11-29-2011, 04:03 PM
Audie and the rest of the gang. I really am sorry for being pissy yesterday evening...... I could easily blame it on soaring glucose levels at the moment but I will offer up no excuses for being a prick.

Psst... it's when your glucose goes -low- that you get pissy, if it's too high you're supposed to get all sleepy and fuzzy and stuff.
Hopeless contrarian! :)

W3WN
11-29-2011, 04:16 PM
Psst... it's when your glucose goes -low- that you get pissy, if it's too high you're supposed to get all sleepy and fuzzy and stuff.
Hopeless contrarian! :)Our Grand Exalted Poobah does things in his own way. Don't sweat the small stuff.

kf0rt
11-29-2011, 05:08 PM
Audie and the rest of the gang. I really am sorry for being pissy yesterday evening...... I could easily blame it on soaring glucose levels at the moment but I will offer up no excuses for being a prick. Anyway, sorry again guys. Suffice it to say that although I may not be quite comfy with the way some things happen or are handled here of late, I am sure that those who are in charge are managing the forum in the way that they think it should be handled and steering it in the direction that they perceive to be correct. I am just a member and user here and should learn to keep my mouth shut.

Good as forgotten here, Tom (but was going to see if I had your email addy). Hope you're doing okay.

ad4mg
11-29-2011, 06:54 PM
I am just a member and user here and should learn to keep my mouth shut.
Ah, hell no! Nobody is 'just a member' here. I don't expect anybody to believe it, but we listen to every word.

Sometimes, we even listen to the sentences. :lol:

WØTKX
11-29-2011, 08:08 PM
Then Albi makes us look up obscure words. :lol:

And fer crissakes Tom, we like you better when you don't keep your mouth shut. Seriously.

ab1ga
11-29-2011, 08:31 PM
That's it! Either everybody knocks off the slobbering right now or I'm going to have to unleash the ultimate response: Internet Group Hug.
Don't make me do it, just don't. Some people get carried away and throw in a smooch or two as well.

WØTKX
11-29-2011, 08:35 PM
Kiss me you fool!

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Wqo9IVCWV5E/TGGToRrzJJI/AAAAAAAAEa0/C4igBuoUVvo/s1600/DanDonkeyKiss.jpg

N1LAF
11-29-2011, 08:36 PM
Then Albi makes us look up obscure words. :lol:

Seriously! Much, much better than Bill O'Reilly

WØTKX
11-29-2011, 09:23 PM
Albi is smarter, and not a malignant narcissist. Smart assed? Hell yes.

K7SGJ
11-29-2011, 09:31 PM
That's it! Either everybody knocks off the slobbering right now or I'm going to have to unleash the ultimate response: Internet Group Hug.
Don't make me do it, just don't. Some people get carried away and throw in a smooch or two as well.

Okay, everybody hold hands. Ready?

KUM BA YA MY LORD KUM BA YA

WØTKX
11-29-2011, 09:51 PM
Why, my heart pump warm puppy piss.

(From a Jr. High Shop Teacher)

K7SGJ
11-29-2011, 10:04 PM
Why, my heart pump warm puppy piss.

(From a Jr. High Shop Teacher)

I, too, had a rather colorful teacher like that in high school. Sad thing is, if they said something like that in a (politically correct) classroom today, they wouldn't be able to get a job teaching anybody anything anywhere.

W3WN
11-29-2011, 10:09 PM

KUM BA YA MY LORD KUM BA YAOh lawd, now he's channeling his inner Boy Sprout.

Keep that up, and you're going to get a rousing, off-key, non-sober rendition of Hog Calling Time In Nebraska.

WØTKX
11-29-2011, 10:10 PM
Another shop teacher favorite...

You have a smile on your face like a skunk eating bumble bees!

Apologies, thread hijaak continues...

N7YA
11-29-2011, 10:34 PM
I, too, had a rather colorful teacher like that in high school. Sad thing is, if they said something like that in a (politically correct) classroom today, they wouldn't be able to get a job teaching anybody anything anywhere.

Not that anybody is allowed to teach anything anywhere anyway anymore. :lol:

KJ3N
11-29-2011, 10:38 PM

KUM BA YA MY LORD KUM BA YA

<---- See latest avatar. :roll: