PDA

View Full Version : KB2SFH peeking in and waving hi

KB2SFH
11-26-2011, 07:26 PM
Had to make an appearance and say I'm still alive. A lot of stress I have heaped on me between working full time and taking care of sick parents and house and everything that comes with it full time while the other sibling and her family are off enjoying their perfect lives only coming around here when there is something for them to grab for themselves. To Warren, sorry I haven't called but I am almost always on the brink of tears all the time and really don't want to risk losing it on phone with anyone. The only happy thing to report at this time is that I signed up to sponsor a child yesterday, a beautiful little 8 year old girl in the Philippines with amazing eyes and an angelic face. Now she has something to hope for this Christmas and will never have to go without ever again :clap::dance::spin:

KC2UGV
11-26-2011, 07:31 PM
Great to hear your still doing well :)

NQ6U
11-26-2011, 07:33 PM
Nice to hear from you again, Susan. Sorry to hear that things haven't been going well but at least you always have this place to come to when you need some friends.

K7SGJ
11-26-2011, 07:35 PM
Good on you. I know your sponsee will hold a special place for you. Hope the home front situation improves and you can have some enjoyment of the comming holidays. The sibling thing is a lot more common than one would think. Had the same thing when my parents were at the end and needed care. Farming it out was not an option. Hang in there, you have a good heart.

W1GUH
11-26-2011, 08:24 PM
Sorry to hear of your difficulties, doing the right thing isn't always easy. Bless your hear for being such a great son and person in general. Hope to see a pic of the angelic little girl you've been good enough to add to your life.

Hang in there, and, yes, I've found recently just what good friends and good people populate the Island.

W3MIV
11-27-2011, 07:29 AM
Persist. This, too, shall pass. The most important things we are given to do in life are always the most difficult. People like you make me proud; we need more of you.

suddenseer
11-27-2011, 12:42 PM
We also need more YL's posting. I will send + rf your way. Hang in there Susan.

N8YX
11-27-2011, 01:18 PM
Always glad to see you put in an appearance, Sue. Bravo for the contributions and charity; hope you and yours had an enjoyable holiday. Hang in there re: nursing sick parent - it's no fun but they did it for you once upon a time.

X-Rated
11-27-2011, 01:25 PM
Good on you for caring for your sick parents. I was fortunate to get that out of the way in my early years. My dad's 100th birthday would have been this January. My grandson is about the same age difference to me as between my father and me . One of my neighbors in Lawrence cared for her parents as they both lived to their upper 90's. Her husband died long before her parents.

KB2SFH
11-27-2011, 02:56 PM
Sorry to hear of your difficulties, doing the right thing isn't always easy. Bless your hear for being such a great son and person in general. Hope to see a pic of the angelic little girl you've been good enough to add to your life.

Hang in there, and, yes, I've found recently just what good friends and good people populate the Island.

ummm, I am a daughter, not the one my parents wanted.

KB2SFH
11-27-2011, 03:00 PM
Persist. This, too, shall pass. The most important things we are given to do in life are always the most difficult. People like you make me proud; we need more of you.

I'm glad I made somebody proud, sadly it wasn't my parents. They are proud of their firstborn who they constantly tell others what a Godsend she is. My own father tells me how I am no good. funny, I am the one forced to take care of them while the "Godsend" is nowhere around here unless she gets something out of the visit such as enjoying herself and taking things, yes she told me to my face after my father got sick she was going to take everything inheritance and all.

NQ6U
11-27-2011, 03:28 PM
My own father tells me how I am no good.

Hey, you are a ham after all. It could be worse, however; for example, I'm not only a ham, I'm a truck driver as well—it's surprising my parents haven't disowned me by now.

Seriously, though, there's no such thing as justice in cases like this. My XYL and I take care of her mother with little or no help from the rest of her family but the last two years, said family has decided to hold their family Thanksgiving dinner up in Riverside, which is too far for the MIL to travel in her condition. We held a three-person T-day here at our place; it was nice but we could tell that she felt excluded by the rest of the family. None the less, come Christmas we'll be expected to put forth a major effort for the entire clan.

W3WN
11-27-2011, 04:18 PM
Hang in there Susan. We're proud of you, so don't let the turkeys get you down.

Remind me to tell you about my sister one of these days. Or my daughter-in-law. Two pieces of work, let me tell you.

Do what you think is right, and all will work out in the end. And talk to an estate attorney, just for your own piece of mind.

KB2SFH
11-28-2011, 07:10 PM
4904 Presenting my new sponsor child, 8 year old Daphnie:clap::dance::rock::cheers:

K7SGJ
11-28-2011, 07:14 PM
She's a cutie.

KC2UGV
11-28-2011, 07:38 PM
4904 Presenting my new sponsor child, 8 year old Daphnie:clap::dance::rock::cheers:

:clap:

You've got that bright spot to tide you over, amirite? :)

NQ6U
11-28-2011, 08:41 PM
She looks just like you, too.

W3WN
11-28-2011, 08:50 PM
Presenting my new sponsor child, 8 year old Daphnie:clap::dance::rock::cheers:Gorgeous.

She's going to grow up to be a heart breaker.

KB2SFH
12-11-2011, 11:58 AM
Thanks for all your comments on Daphnie, I am totally happy about her. There are so many children on this site that don't yet have sponsors and Christmas is almost here. Wouldn't it be kewl to pass this link all over the island, to all your friends and relatives to get the word out about them.
http://www.compassion.com:help: (http://www.compassion.com)

kb2vxa
12-12-2011, 09:59 PM
I can always tell when life has got you down, you tend to disappear. Our recent e-mail exchange about Anti Claus and Argyle socks must have put a smile on your face (or at least a silly grin) since you showed up here. It only goes to show you can't keep a good ham down, but I wouldn't consider you salt free.

KB2SFH
12-13-2011, 06:03 PM
I can always tell when life has got you down, you tend to disappear. Our recent e-mail exchange about Anti Claus and Argyle socks must have put a smile on your face (or at least a silly grin) since you showed up here. It only goes to show you can't keep a good ham down, but I wouldn't consider you salt free.

You still owe me Argyle socks.