PDA

View Full Version : Minor Forum Upgrade - 11-26-2011

W4GPL
11-26-2011, 05:49 AM
Just upgraded from vBulletin 4.1.7 to 4.1.8, the changes were mostly security related.

Let us know if you experience any glitches.

Sorry Corey, still haven't implemented the RSS thing yet.. I'll try to do that this weekend. :)

X-Rated
11-27-2011, 12:51 PM
Just upgraded from vBulletin 4.1.7 to 4.1.8, the changes were mostly security related.

Let us know if you experience any glitches.

Sorry Corey, still haven't implemented the RSS thing yet.. I'll try to do that this weekend. :)

Something glitched and locked down a good thread almost 24 hours after the implementation. I wonder if wwvBulletin 4.1.9 would work better?

W4GPL
11-27-2011, 01:35 PM
Seriously dude, piss off. I don't have time for that sort of sniping and drama.

ad4mg
11-27-2011, 01:45 PM
Something glitched and locked down a good thread almost 24 hours after the implementation. I wonder if wwvBulletin 4.1.9 would work better?
Let's clarify this, Jerry. I shudder to think that you're confused about it.

There was no glitch. I locked down a thread where the OP made a totally inappropriate comment, one actually in violation of the rules.

Now that the staff has had time to add their input, we're taking additional action.

This forum is for news and updates. If you wish to continue with this discussion, start a thread in a more appropriate forum.

X-Rated
11-27-2011, 03:02 PM
Seriously dude, piss off. I don't have time for that sort of sniping and drama.

LOL. What a couple of dweebs.

Happy_Hamer
11-27-2011, 11:38 PM
Have you done anything to correct the mobile version, I had problems in the past with the iPhone. I just seen this update post so I thought I would ask.

N8YX
11-28-2011, 08:18 AM
Have you done anything to correct the mobile version, I had problems in the past with the iPhone. I just seen this update post so I thought I would ask.

Bill,

I'll check with 'DSG's iPhone later today if you don't get the chance to try it with yours. Not sure what's in the list of fixes.

Happy_Hamer
11-28-2011, 10:57 PM
Test reply from iPhone. I will also attempt a PM to you, which you know was a mess last time

Happy_Hamer
11-28-2011, 11:01 PM
Well that went easy, did you get my PM? It looks good on the iPhone.

VE7DCW
11-29-2011, 03:47 AM
I'm noticing a tiny problem on the main forum page ....... in the section titled "what's going on" in the "Total members that have visited the forum today" area,I'm finding that the callsign list of all members that have visited the Island for that day is running off to the outside of the webpage!

I'm assuming it's a glitch thats appeared with the new Vbulletin version .....it's been there the last couple of days. :chin:

Happy_Hamer
11-29-2011, 07:40 AM
That is not happening on my end, I am using OSX and Safari.

I'm noticing a tiny problem on the main forum page ....... in the section titled "what's going on" in the "Total members that have visited the forum today" area,I'm finding that the callsign list of all members that have visited the Island for that day is running off to the outside of the webpage!

I'm assuming it's a glitch thats appeared with the new Vbulletin version .....it's been there the last couple of days. :chin:

KC2UGV
11-29-2011, 11:33 AM

No worries. You're not gettin' paid to do this :)

W4GPL
11-29-2011, 12:56 PM

I'm assuming it's a glitch thats appeared with the new Vbulletin version .....it's been there the last couple of days. :chin:That template was changed during the upgrade. Try holding down the shift key and refresh the main page. I bet you just have a stale cache... In the alternative, just empty your browser cache.

VE7DCW
11-30-2011, 05:46 PM
That template was changed during the upgrade. Try holding down the shift key and refresh the main page. I bet you just have a stale cache... In the alternative, just empty your browser cache.

Hmmmmm ...... tried these suggestions and no luck....but I was doing this on Win XP and IE8 on my desktop. On this little netbook i'm using at the moment,it has Windows 7 and IE 9, everything on the main forum page appears dead normal....tells me there's a conflict on my desktop computer that needs attention .... oh well :doh:

VE7DCW
02-22-2012, 12:12 AM
The strange problem I had has now corrected itself ...... and I did'nt have a hand in it ...... maybe another example of if it aint broke .... don't fix it.... :rock: