PDA

View Full Version : NASCAR - Championship Weekend!

W4GPL
11-20-2011, 01:43 PM
It's a great weekend folks! Why? Because today NASCAR's premier series will determine their champion for the season. It's down to two individuals, and one of them isn't Jimmie Johnson! Mr. 5 Time won't make it to 6.. and thank jeebus for that fact. It's down to 3 points between Carl & Tony, should be a fun race though I'm pulling for Tony.

Are you watching the big race today? Or sticking to football?

W4GPL
11-20-2011, 01:46 PM
PS - Added a new forum because I want to talk about sports without hearing about how boring or dumb it is. There's a specific "no haters" statement in the forum description, please respect this clause. :P

ad4mg
11-20-2011, 07:55 PM
It's a great weekend folks! Why? Because today NASCAR's premier series will determine their champion for the season. It's down to two individuals, and one of them isn't Jimmie Johnson! Mr. 5 Time won't make it to 6.. and thank jeebus for that fact. It's down to 3 points between Carl & Tony, should be a fun race though I'm pulling for Tony.

Are you watching the big race today? Or sticking to football?
Football. Redskins lost to the Cowboys. In OT. Flipped over to the race ... it was red flagged due to rain. I see Stewert is leading with about 30 laps to go ...

KA9MOT
11-20-2011, 11:24 PM
I like Motorsports. Not hating the other sports but I am indifferent.

I was rooting for Carl Edwards because he is a class act ans a square shooter. I like Tony too so I wasn't hurt to badly when Tony won the race and the Championship. What an exciting Chase and race! Can't wait for next year.

My favorite is Formula 1. Sebastian Vettle did a damn fine job this year as well.

W4GPL
11-21-2011, 02:31 AM
They couldn't have scripted it better.. unless it was scripted. ;) Tony finishes first, Carl right behind him in P2... Points tied, Tony wins the tie breaker. NASCAR needed Tony back in the championship spot -- he's the bad boy who doesn't offend (most) corporate sensibilities. Supposedly the closest points race in NASCAR history.

rot
11-21-2011, 06:26 AM
Actually for me it is sled hockey. My son played in this tournament http://www.usahockey.com/Template_Usahockey.aspx?NAV=PL_05_06_02&id=308940. It was broadcast via www.fasthockey.com (http://www.fasthockey.com) and I have not registered or whatever for the access. Maybe later on this. I did not get to go, but he and the wife spent the weekend in Vorhees, NJ. They returned yesterday and the Hurricanes were beaten to pulp by the competition. He got to play with the cream of the crop. They practiced alot in prep and he was a bit fear-struck when he saw the level of play. He was banged up a bit and made some friends, so it was good.
I carry a bit of hockey bias so to say. The doors have opened up a bit for him due to this sport and its support via the pro team here. They rock.
So we talk of losing, dream of winning but most of all...participate.
Have fun.
rot

W2NAP
11-21-2011, 09:27 AM
also 1st time a owner/driver won the championship since alan kulwicki