PDA

View Full Version : 10.24 MHz OCXO on ebay

X-Rated
11-20-2011, 10:43 AM
For those with a 10.24 MHz reference in their rig, like Fred, there is a very good 10.24 MHz OCXO reference on ebay.
Personally, they seem to be a lot of power used to do the job. A regular non-oven uncompensated reference uses tons less power and keeps me to within a half of a Hertz or so when I keep at it, but this baby will keep you to within a few hundredths of a Hertz for years.

'Sup to you.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150702760312&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1123#ht_500wt_1202

This is not mine. I just found it on the web. Just letting you know that this is there. I don't know much more about it than this than what is printed here. You might ask the seller about the power used. There should be a power level used at startup and one at steady state. Steady state is important for power usage and startup is what you need when it first turns on or it gets down to -20C in your hamshack. Since this is for spectrum analyzers, I would assume it is a sinewave oscillator. Make sure. It will probably want to draw 0.5 A or more at startup. Dimensions look to be about 1.5 x1.5 inch square with that ink pen in there. It may be 2 x 2 inch. I don't know.

Have fun.