PDA

View Full Version : Only in Texas

K7SGJ
11-19-2011, 02:54 PM
So we're driving through Texas, At least I think we are. The scenery didn't change in several hundred miles, but the gas guage has been going down, so I'm fairly certain we've been moving. Early this morning, we passed through a small burg call Sterling City. I don't know why it's called Sterling, because I didn't see anything that was, nor could one consider it a city. The first thing I noticed was two Texas state flags flying considerably higher than the one American flag on three adjacent flag poles. Obviously Texans must consider their state a separate country, and perhaps it should be. The other thing I noticed, in the middle of this "city", hanging between the only two power poles in town, was stretched a banner that read "Tonight Food and Gun Raffle". Ya gotta love Texas.

W3MIV
11-19-2011, 03:08 PM
Ye misspelled it. It's "Texass."

kc7jty
11-19-2011, 03:15 PM
Ask the locals about Perry being gay.

kf0rt
11-19-2011, 04:39 PM
Ask the locals about Perry being gay.

AFTER ya win that gun raffle.

NQ6U
11-19-2011, 06:17 PM
AFTER ya win that gun raffle.

And only if the ammo is included in the prize.

W5GA
11-19-2011, 06:19 PM
And only if the ammo is included in the prize.
I think the community banks there give ammo away instead of toasters.

K7SGJ
11-19-2011, 06:43 PM
We just went to a Wallys, for some of the shit you always forget to pack, and figured it must be deer season around here. Blinds for hunters, $999.00, 20# bag of deer nuts (I'm assuming some kind of bait/food, and not body parts) $24.99, deer urine $9.99 (wonder how the hell they collect it), plus the usual selection of Bubba's MREs, and a whole host of other stuff you just don't find elsewhere, or even knew existed. There is one thing I'm curious about. I haven't seen anything that can be remotely considered a mountain or any kind of woods, and the land is flatter than a third graders chest. Where in the fuck could a deer hide? Ya gotta love Texass. (Thanx for the spelling lesson, Albi)

NQ6U
11-19-2011, 06:47 PM
You are in what's known as the Permian Basin, the foul-smelling armpit of Texas. It's been so blasted by years of oil drilling that even Texans dislike it.

W5GA
11-19-2011, 07:15 PM
Where in the fuck could a deer hide? Ya gotta love Texass. (Thanx for the spelling lesson, Albi)
Even land that is "flatter than a pancake" has depressions and foliage. That's all it takes.

kb2vxa
11-20-2011, 10:27 PM
"Obviously Texans must consider their state a separate country, and perhaps it should be."

Hello.

Texas is a republic.

The stars at night - are big and bright
Deep in the heart of Tacos.
The prairie sky - is wide and high
Deep in the heart of Tacos............

K7SGJ
11-20-2011, 10:50 PM
Hello

kf0rt
11-21-2011, 11:21 AM
Hello

WART. (Just in case.)

KC2UGV
11-21-2011, 11:23 AM
So we're driving through Texas, At least I think we are. The scenery didn't change in several hundred miles, but the gas guage has been going down, so I'm fairly certain we've been moving. Early this morning, we passed through a small burg call Sterling City. I don't know why it's called Sterling, because I didn't see anything that was, nor could one consider it a city. The first thing I noticed was two Texas state flags flying considerably higher than the one American flag on three adjacent flag poles. Obviously Texans must consider their state a separate country, and perhaps it should be. The other thing I noticed, in the middle of this "city", hanging between the only two power poles in town, was stretched a banner that read "Tonight Food and Gun Raffle". Ya gotta love Texas.

Texas has always considered itself a separate nation lol

NQ6U
11-21-2011, 08:40 PM
WART. (Just in case.)

Didn't think I'd ever use this thing again:

http://i815.photobucket.com/albums/zz79/gyrogeerloose/WART-hog.png

kb2vxa
11-21-2011, 09:10 PM
I thought that'd gitcha! (;->)

Aw heck, may as well give Cowboy Charlie equal time.

Oh the factory smoke, will make you choke
Deep in the heart of Jersey
The city rats run in big packs
Oh the pizza man, says I no understand

And route 17 the traffic there is mean
The city skies ain't fit for flies
The Parkway man takes a buck from your hand
Oh the dumps in June ain't like perfume
But it's my state, I think it's great
Way out west in wild New Jersey, yippie yie yaaaayyyy!