PDA

View Full Version : ANYONE GOING TO BE ON ON TURKEY DAY?

ka4dpo
11-17-2011, 11:48 PM
Just wondering if any Islanders plan to operate on Thanksgiving day?

W2NAP
11-18-2011, 04:57 AM
ill be on 147.435

>_>

PA5COR
11-18-2011, 04:58 AM
I operate every day, first thing to do from bed - shower, coffepot running, switch on FT 2000 D.
Last thing to do befor going to bed, empty last cup of coffee, check house, switch off FT 2000 D.

W2NAP
11-18-2011, 05:07 AM
i dont have a FT-2000D......

K7SGJ
11-18-2011, 07:01 AM
I operate every day, first thing to do from bed - shower, coffepot running, switch on FT 2000 D.
Last thing to do befor going to bed, empty last cup of coffee, check house, switch off FT 2000 D.

Seems odd, (as opposed to even) all that coffee and no scheduled piss break. That's some high capacity bladder you got there, Cor.

W3WN
11-18-2011, 09:33 AM
Before this thread gets flushed down the commode...

Yes, I will be QRV on Thanksgiving, most likely in the morning and early afternoon.

Late afternoon we have to travel to the in-laws for the ritual devouring of the less fortunate relatives (figuratively speaking) while also slicing up the large overstuffed overcooked poultry on the table.

PA5COR
11-18-2011, 09:45 AM
Busy replacing the loop amplifier with the definitive and waterproof version.
Will be on 10 if the band is still open, .340, or on 20 meters .313

N8YX
11-18-2011, 11:49 AM
Busy replacing the loop amplifier with the definitive and waterproof version.
Will be on 10 if the band is still open, .340, or on 20 meters .313

Uh...oh...you just mentioned the Majick Freakency!

Good luck getting over the cacophony of voices, jammers, kids, lids and space cadets which are sure to be present.

While I will have a receiver tuned to .313 strictly for lulz, I'll be operating elsewhere. 10, 12 and 15 if we gets some nice spots; 17 and 20 if not.

VE7DCW
11-18-2011, 12:41 PM
Uh...oh...you just mentioned the Majick Freakency!

Good luck getting over the cacophony of voices, jammers, kids, lids and space cadets which are sure to be present.

While I will have a receiver tuned to .313 strictly for lulz, I'll be operating elsewhere. 10, 12 and 15 if we gets some nice spots; 17 and 20 if not.

"Majick Freakency" .....I like that one ! I'll bet the floor show will be really in high gear on 313 on the U.S. Thanksgiving day holiday! Karol has threatened to put a bullet in the head of a certain Saanich policewoman who's been investigating his silly on-air threat routine if she comes knocking at his door again

....and remember, the entertainment is free! :popcorn:

W3WN
11-18-2011, 12:46 PM
"Majick Freakency" .....I like that one ! I'll bet the floor show will be really in high gear on 313 on the U.S. Thanksgiving day holiday! Karol has threatened to put a bullet in the head of a certain Saanich policewoman who's been investigating his silly on-air threat routine if she comes knocking at his door again

....and remember, the entertainment is free! :popcorn:Say what?

I don't know how things are up in the Northwest, but if someone around here made a comment like that about an LEO, he (or she) would be in a HEAP of trouble. They take that very seriously in these parts.

VE7DCW
11-18-2011, 01:10 PM
Say what?

I don't know how things are up in the Northwest, but if someone around here made a comment like that about an LEO, he (or she) would be in a HEAP of trouble. They take that very seriously in these parts.

That's the thing about this whole situation ..... no one really takes that putty head Karol seriously! ...... I know they go through the motions of "investigation" and "inquiring" and "we'll certainly look into it...." and as long as Mr.Krazy keeps "harmlessly" spewing this stuff on the radio then, who cares! it's a strange attitude...

.....the games will continue I suppose....

W7XF
11-20-2011, 10:45 PM
ill be on 147.435

>_>

What?? For an all-day QSO with VE7KFM????

ETA: I'll try to be QRV...

W2NAP
11-21-2011, 09:23 AM
What?? For an all-day QSO with VE7KFM????

ETA: I'll try to be QRV...

no.

only thing i have that transmits is the 2 meter, and it sits on 435 so thats where I will be.

WV6Z
11-21-2011, 09:30 AM
I will prolly be playing a wee dram of radio. I guess I will have to keep an eye on this thread to see where islander activity will be. Either that, or with some luck my friend the barkeep will drop me a text mess....

WV6Z
11-21-2011, 09:38 AM
Oh I forgot, I could run Echolink via the Toshiba Thrive or the Droid X2...... either way, I will no doubt have to be reminded. ;)

KC2UGV
11-21-2011, 10:54 AM
I may hop on, a bit later in the day; or early in the day. Middle is out of the question.

Maybe an EchoLink net again. Last time that was fun :)

N8YX
11-21-2011, 12:40 PM
I may hop on, a bit later in the day; or early in the day. Middle is out of the question.

Maybe an EchoLink net again. Last time that was fun :)

We're now planning another trail ride for Thursday morning - temps will be in the upper 40s to around 50 with a predicted high in the mid 50s. If you folks want to do an Echolink net, let me find a node that's accesible and I'll be glad to hand out some /BM contacts.

ki4itv
11-21-2011, 07:42 PM
Oh I forgot, I could run Echolink via the Toshiba Thrive or the Droid X2...... either way, I will no doubt have to be reminded. ;)

How well does it work? what app are you using?
Curious, I just changed my ringing radio to a Droid x2.
kinda like it so far...

KC2UGV
11-22-2011, 08:00 AM
kinda like it so far...

https://market.android.com/details?id=org.echolink.android&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsIm9yZy5lY 2hvbGluay5hbmRyb2lkIl0.

WV6Z
11-22-2011, 09:02 AM
kinda like it so far...

Both of my DROID powered beasties perform flawlessly, especially the Toshiba tablet. Audio is a bit hot on the X2 so just use it as if it were in speaker phone mode and it will perform extremely well. You can still fiddle with settings ans such on the Droid app edition but I think you will find it is pretty much food to go at the default settings as soon as you down load, open and run it just like it is.

WV6Z
11-22-2011, 09:04 AM
Damn shame I still suck at typing with my thumbs though. ;)

KB3LAZ
11-22-2011, 04:45 PM
Just wondering if any Islanders plan to operate on Thanksgiving day?

I used to get on during the holiday such as xmas and thanksgiving but tbh I havent done much with the hobby in awhile. I have my hands full with life atm. Such as my move to Spain which has been rescheduled to march 2nd. :) Anyway, for those of you that will be operation on Turkey day, enjoy. If not, enjoy your family time.

W3WN
11-22-2011, 07:56 PM
Well, FWIW, if I get on, most likely I'll be concentrating on 12 meters. I'll make a post here somewhere, and I'll make sure I make a few cluster spots as well.

n6hcm
11-23-2011, 06:20 AM
probably but only on UHF/VHF ... still haven't set up for HF yet. i have a project to do for school and this will break up the tedium.

N8YX
11-24-2011, 10:45 AM
313 is hopping today - apparently, everyone has the day off and the kids, lids and space cadets are out in force.

ki4itv
11-24-2011, 11:53 AM
Damn shame I still suck at typing with my thumbs though. ;)

Ha! It's quite alright. As a properly trained amateur, it is always assumed that food = good. :lol:

edit: Oh, and thanks! I'm going to check that out.

VE7DCW
11-24-2011, 11:57 AM
313 is hopping today - apparently, everyone has the day off and the kids, lids and space cadets are out in force.

I was just listening to this mess myself ......of course on this side of the border it's a normal working day ....... Industry Canada monitors and Radio Inspectors ready to do battle .... enforcing tha the sections of the Canadian Radiocommunications Act against the evil Mr. Kooky ....... sawry.... a little humour on a dull gray day here :rofl: