PDA

View Full Version : HOLY CRAP!!!! Can this be right?

KA9MOT
11-17-2011, 11:46 AM
I have been going through piles of stuff I have amassed over the years. I am one who finds these irresistible deals that can't live with out something becuase I am sure that one day...... I will need it! All of it! Meanwhile, the stuff piles up in cardboard boxes out in the garage and my wife starts muttering, "Horder" whenever I walk into the room.

Anyway, it is time to pull some of these boxes out and sort what is there, discover what stuff I have never seen is, keep what I will use and sell the rest.

So, I came across these UG-1019/U Coaxial Feed Through Connectors and I thought, "Cool! N- Connectors!", but they are too big for N. So I looked them up to see what they are and I discovered that these things cost a fortune. Who would need something like this so I can sell them mine. I'm thinking cell towers maybe? Any advice?

http://www.newark.com/jsp/displayProduct.jsp?sku=08N4882&CMP=KNC-G-SKUMS-Amphenol

n2ize
11-17-2011, 02:17 PM
Also any high voltage RF parts are worth some good money. I'm always looking for doorknob condensers, HF mica condensers, etc just so long as they have a high kv rating. Vacuum variables are also extremely desirable as a large HV air variables, glass piston condensers, etc. To buy any of these things brand spanking new will put a nice sized dent in the wallet. I've even seen >80 mfd @600V or higher electrolytic s going for quite a bit brand new.

KA9MOT
11-17-2011, 03:31 PM
This is turning into a goldmine. A BNC Right Angle adaptor, BNC Tees, etc. What field uses this kind if stuff? Is a Calrad Capacitive Substitution box worth anything? I have a bunch of Brand new Mic Connectors like the old Heathkits used to use.......Right Angle Headphone Jacks

WØTKX
11-17-2011, 04:45 PM
I use a lot of BNC connectors for test gear, but I really don't need any.

K7SGJ
11-17-2011, 05:03 PM
I have several bags of them, too. I usually sell the Ts, right angle, and bnc sex changers for 1.50 ea or 10 for $10. Much more than that and they just don't sell. I use these type of connectors on various test equipment and CCTV applications..