PDA

View Full Version : Five guys burgers and fries

kc7jty
11-12-2011, 03:14 PM
Saw one of these in my travels a few days ago, then just yesterday was admonished to try them by a FB friend. Any input before I add another .010" of plaque to my artery walls?

W4GPL
11-13-2011, 05:17 AM
I'd be surprised if you like them based on previous posts. Though I happen to think they have a very tasty burger and fries; but as you indicated, it's not a place someone goes if they're concerned about their cardiovascular system.

w2amr
11-13-2011, 06:06 AM
Saw one of these in my travels a few days ago, then just yesterday was admonished to try them by a FB friend. Any input before I add another .010" of plaque to my artery walls?Word has it they have the best around here.

KG4CGC
11-13-2011, 01:46 PM
Chug down 4 ounces of EVOO with 4000mgs of Omega 3 before hitting that joint.

kc7jty
11-13-2011, 02:35 PM
I'd be surprised if you like them based on previous posts. Though I happen to think they have a very tasty burger and fries; but as you indicated, it's not a place someone goes if they're concerned about their cardiovascular system.

Why am I thinking Wendy's? I'll have to get the kiddy/senior burger next time I'm in Dodge. (Spokane Valley)

W3MIV
11-13-2011, 03:14 PM
Chug down 4 ounces of EVOO with 4000mgs of Omega 3 before hitting that joint.

You forgot to mention the fifty-pound bag of oats.

w3bny
11-14-2011, 03:29 PM
They are ok. I would rather have a Whataburger but the chances of getting one up here in 3-land are slim...and NONE!

kc7jty
11-18-2011, 12:44 AM
Did 5 Guys today. The cheese burger was excellent, the fries were very good, the peanuts were stale and very salty.
Good, old fashioned hamburgers. The fresh, non frozen meat makes all the difference.
Not at all like tasteless Wendy's.

kf0rt
11-18-2011, 01:25 AM
Did 5 Guys today. The cheese burger was excellent, the fries were very good, the peanuts were stale and very salty.
Good, old fashioned hamburgers. The fresh, non frozen meat makes all the difference.
Not at all like tasteless Wendy's.

Wendy's meat is fresh and non-frozen (I prefer the chicken with a side-salad instead of fries). High carb content doesn't agree.

Had a fantastic burger at the local bar for lunch yesterday; dive joint that the work guys have been going to for at least 20 years now (water, not alcohol). Nice folk and the food is always good or better. Lost my wedding ring; no schidt. It was there when I wiped the burger juice off my hand and the next minute, gone. We looked all over for it and Renee (waitress) even scoured the trash. No luck. Told the xyl when I got home and she said "So, I can finally get you something for Christmas?" Tha's my girl... Wore that ring for about 30 years.

W3WN
11-18-2011, 09:40 AM
Not at all like tasteless Wendy's.Nice to know. I think the paper said something the other day about a local 5 Guys franchise opening up in the area.

kc7jty
11-18-2011, 01:34 PM
My only fine (no big deal) criticism of the cheeseburger yesterday is the lettuce was a bit wet (probably good because it means they rinse it) and the fried mushrooms were a bit much in addition to the lettuce, tomato, onion, pickles, ketchup and mayo. I hate mustard on a hamburger, so had that held. Next time I'll ask for the "shrooms" on the side.

WØTKX
11-18-2011, 06:20 PM
Told the xyl when I got home and she said "So, I can finally get you something for Christmas?" Tha's my girl... Wore that ring for about 30 years.

Ooooo. You could get a Tungsten Carbon Fiber ring. ;)

http://www.accubest.com/bmz_cache/a/a7168b69ad6e5cecdd2b7bad59fd3f24.image.300x300.jpg

W3MIV
11-18-2011, 06:43 PM
But... but... does it come with a Captain Video Decoder in it?

NQ6U
11-18-2011, 09:05 PM
But... but... does it come with a Captain Video Decoder in it?

No, but it does come with the Dash digital modes decoder:

http://www.dashtoons.com/images/digital%20box.jpg

W3WN
11-23-2011, 01:33 PM
But... but... does it come with a Captain Video Decoder in it?No, but it does come with the Dash digital modes decoder:Woof!