PDA

View Full Version : The Shack in Tesla's Garden

Jeff K1NSS
11-09-2011, 10:00 AM

Here's a link to my account of W3T special event operation Nov 5 http://www.dashtoons.com/TeslaGarden.html

(http://www.dashtoons.com/TeslaGarden.html)See MH Islander Paul W1GUH take charge of the pileup!

W1GUH
11-09-2011, 10:03 AM
How'd I miss the great W3T on the yacht? Musta been dazzled by the outstanding ops! Great time, Jeff.

NQ6U
11-09-2011, 10:07 AM
Saw that yesterday, Jeff—pretty cool deal. And, Paul, I noticed a picture of you there. All I can say about that is "Get a haircut!" ;)

W1GUH
11-09-2011, 10:16 AM
But...but...I did!

ki4itv
11-09-2011, 10:28 AM
Very Cool!

almost as cool as Paul's hair.;):agree:
(just had to cut my freak flag because I completely expect to tell my employer to Fuck-off before Friday...after fourteen good years.) so basically I'm pretty jealous. :lol:

W1GUH
11-09-2011, 10:43 AM
Very Cool!

almost as cool as Paul's hair.;):agree:
(just had to cut my freak flag because I completely expect to tell my employer to Fuck-off before Friday...after fourteen good years.) so basically I'm pretty jealous. :lol:

Never hearda being "clean cut" to leave a job. :wtf: :dunno:

WØTKX
11-09-2011, 10:53 AM
To be honest... I tried to find W3T, and didn't. :cry:

I checked the bands listed on the website, wandered up and down the bands. No luck. For once, a special event station I really cared about. Very dissapointed. Maybe next time some more details on frequencies and times?

Oh well.

ki4itv
11-09-2011, 10:55 AM
Never hearda being "clean cut" to leave a job. :wtf: :dunno:

Well, I had to make sure my exit was clean and seamless, with a desk to land on. It worked.
Already have another job in the bucket. woot!

W1GUH
11-09-2011, 11:48 AM
Well, I had to make sure my exit was clean and seamless, with a desk to land on. It worked.

Of course. Congrats on the new job.

Jeff K1NSS
11-09-2011, 02:14 PM
To be honest... I tried to find W3T, and didn't. :cry:

I checked the bands listed on the website, wandered up and down the bands. No luck. For once, a special event station I really cared about. Very dissapointed. Maybe next time some more details on frequencies and times?

Oh well.

Sorry W0TKX. It's true, we coulda done much better on that score, among others. In the fog of war and special event ham radio, what we wanted to do and what we could do turned out to be different. One rig and antenna was a very welcome loaner for the day and KD0FNR and I are not exactly neighbors, so it was hard to know just how things would shake out until zero hour. Also had no Wifi to update sites, and we should have. For all that, I ballyhooed the affair it was up to us to make participation in the event as easy as possible. There were lots of calls I missed that a better op would have sorted out. I regret your disappointment and appreciate your initial enthusiasm and effort to hook up.

Jeff K1NSS

Jeff K1NSS
11-09-2011, 02:17 PM

Good on you!

Jeff K1NSS
11-09-2011, 02:24 PM
How'd I miss the great W3T on the yacht? Musta been dazzled by the outstanding ops! Great time, Jeff.

Don't you remember how retro black and white that day was? Don't you remember the fuzzy white halo around the Land Yacht? In Photoshop, almost all things are possible.

K7SGJ
11-09-2011, 02:27 PM
K1NSS Great story, and your illustrations are outstanding. Thanks.

KI4ITV Congrats on the FU on the old job, and getting a new one so quickly. Bravo

W1GUH Get a haircut, and if there are some ears in there, somewhere, wash behind them, too.

kb2vxa
11-09-2011, 03:20 PM
That's an event, really special. SO special I feel TWO songs coming on!

I'd like to be under the tree
In Tesla's radio garden in the shade
He'd let us in, knows where we've been
In his radio garden in the shade

I'd ask my friends to come and see
Tesla's radio garden with me
I'd like to be under the tree
In Tesla's radio garden in the shade.

Marconi played radio, jamming 'cross the pond with Weird and Gilly,
And copper spiders from Mars
He keyed it left hand
But made it too far
Became the special man, we were on fifteen meters band

Now Paul's key really sang, screwed up eyes and screwed down hairdo
Like some cat from Japan, aww he could CQ 'em by smiling
Or he could leave 'em to hang
Antennas were so well loaded man, strung up behind the van

"Spooky, man!"
That's another song...

W1GUH
11-09-2011, 03:36 PM
K1NSS Great story, and your illustrations are outstanding. Thanks.

KI4ITV Congrats on the FU on the old job, and getting a new one so quickly. Bravo

W1GUH Get a haircut, and if there are some ears in there, somewhere, wash behind them, too.

And wear my rubbers in the rain?

K7SGJ
11-09-2011, 05:17 PM
And wear my rubbers in the rain?

The only thing I know about rubbers is, check em before you use em. Ya don't want wet feet, right?

Jeff K1NSS
11-09-2011, 07:58 PM

Bravo! From a field left of mine, by way of the Jersey Shore enuff...sure to be climbing the Osprey jukebox hit parade any day now, with a rocket!

Double tip o' the headphones from Dash! and me.

73 Jeff K1NSS

PS, you have just been inducted into the Loyal Order of the Dogbone, confirmation to follow by post.

Jeff K1NSS
11-09-2011, 08:06 PM
[QUOTE=K7SGJ;385409]K1NSS Great story, and your illustrations are outstanding. Thanks.

/QUOTE]

Will exchange Loyal Order of the Dogbone certificate for flattery. Watch your mailbox! But hey, not for nothing, it won't be no baking soda powered plastic frogman.

73 Jeff K1NSS

WØTKX
11-09-2011, 08:10 PM
Sorry W0TKX. ...
... I regret your disappointment and appreciate your initial enthusiasm and effort to hook up.

Sniff, sniff. Thanks.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-yRMbuJXrpPM/TitF1z6oZKI/AAAAAAAAAqU/Y9LQgJAU4jA/s1600/sad-dog.jpg

K7SGJ
11-09-2011, 08:16 PM
Sniff, sniff. Thanks.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-yRMbuJXrpPM/TitF1z6oZKI/AAAAAAAAAqU/Y9LQgJAU4jA/s1600/sad-dog.jpg

Hey, my dog looks the same way, right after she pees on the floor.

NQ6U
11-09-2011, 08:28 PM
Saw that yesterday, Jeff—pretty cool deal. And, Paul, I noticed a picture of you there. All I can say about that is "Get a haircut!" ;)But...but...I did!

Okay, then, get them all cut!

WØTKX
11-09-2011, 08:32 PM
Ear hairs don't count. :mrgreen:

Jeff K1NSS
11-09-2011, 09:08 PM
Sniff, sniff. Thanks.

A Loyal Order of the Dogbone certificate will be dispatched to balm your wounds.

73 Jeff K1NSS

WØTKX
11-09-2011, 09:16 PM
aaaaaWWWWoooooooOOooooOooo!

http://static.desktopnexus.com/thumbnails/583733-bigthumbnail.jpg

kb2vxa
11-15-2011, 07:36 PM
Quote Originally Posted by kb2vxa View Post

Bravo! From a field left of mine, by way of the Jersey Shore enuff...sure to be climbing the Osprey jukebox hit parade any day now, with a rocket!
Double tip o' the headphones from Dash! and me.
73 Jeff K1NSS

PS, you have just been inducted into the Loyal Order of the Dogbone, confirmation to follow by post.

You had me all confused until a cardboard tube showed up in the mail and a bunch of Styrofoam peanuts fell out. Darn, too chewy and need salt. Then I discovered a couple of bacon flavored dogbone insulators, tasty as a burnt weenie sandwich. It gets better, digging deeper I found the LoD certificate for real and one of those coveted Dashtoons... and I thought it was some strange joke. <blush> Now I have it all figured out, the Osprey may not have the longest bar in the world (unless you're face down wearing beer goggles) but it's right across the inlet and Ken's Landing is right up the street, more or less. Well, in this one horse town everything is right up the street, more or less.

You spared no expense OM, you surprised me in the process so what else can I say but thanks?

Oh, for what it's worth I would spell your K9 sidekick's name Dash L. Hamit... just a thought.

K7SGJ
11-15-2011, 09:33 PM
And made sure he's spade, Sam.

Jeff K1NSS
11-15-2011, 10:21 PM
what else can I say but thanks?

You said it, Buster! Our pleasure.

BTW, Dash! L. Hamit ain't bad, but with Hammutt ya get ta put on the dog as well as well as the scribe. Will keep that bee in my bonnet, nevertheless.

Jeff K1NSS
11-15-2011, 10:25 PM
And made sure he's spade, Sam.

You mean a brother by another mother? You got some Mickey Splainin' to do, Master Navigator.

kc7jty
11-16-2011, 12:25 AM
http://www.dashtoons.com/images/P1070223.JPG
hey, that's my radio.

Jeff K1NSS
11-16-2011, 12:42 PM
http://www.dashtoons.com/images/P1070223.JPG
hey, that's my radio.

Worked dandy for us! All we know us, we got it as a loaner from KC2KY, Pres of Radio Central ARC http://www.rcarc.org/rcarcbod.htm. Perhaps he caught it falling off a truck.