PDA

View Full Version : CALLING ALL RC ENTHUSIASTS

ka4dpo
11-08-2011, 12:26 PM
If you are into RC or just curious about it here is a new web site that you might want to take a look at. If you are and RC hobbyist I encourage you to join and see the Truth.

http://www.rctruth.com/

n2ize
11-08-2011, 01:05 PM
Thanks. I'll join and check in now and then. It's nice to have more than 1 site catering to the interest.

K7SGJ
11-08-2011, 02:02 PM
Thanks. I'll check it out later. I've gotta get my heli off the roof.

n2ize
11-08-2011, 03:36 PM
How did you get it stuck up there ???

K7SGJ
11-08-2011, 04:22 PM
Motor quit. I'll be looking into the problem again, later. This is the third time the motor has quit for NFR, and I can't duplicate the problem on the ground. Due to the intermittent nature of the failure, I'm leaning towards the motor or motor controller since I still have control of the rotor assembly. All the wiring, connectors, etc are a-okay. The first time I suspected the battery might have an internal problem but another battery did not solve the problem. Details to follow, film at ten.

W3MIV
11-08-2011, 04:35 PM
Next time, have the little guy inside take notes when it happens. And tell him to autorotate away from the roof. Maybe you should look for another pilot?

W3MIV
11-08-2011, 04:36 PM
I was planning to post:

Hello

the problem is probably
related to a failure in
the APU installed in the tail
On one of my trips to Saudi arabia
I was forced to autorotate in a
violent sandstorm.

n2ize
11-08-2011, 05:24 PM
Motor quit. I'll be looking into the problem again, later. This is the third time the motor has quit for NFR, and I can't duplicate the problem on the ground. Due to the intermittent nature of the failure, I'm leaning towards the motor or motor controller since I still have control of the rotor assembly. All the wiring, connectors, etc are a-okay. The first time I suspected the battery might have an internal problem but another battery did not solve the problem. Details to follow, film at ten.

Hmmm... Interesting. On mine the thing just stopped responding to my controls for NFR. No fail safe, no warnings, no nothing... One second I had it under full control and the next second it went free flight on me, tilting and smacking into the side of a building. It busted the rotorhead but no other damage. Once I replaced the rotorhead it was good to go and I haven't had a problem even after dozens of flights this summer. Maybe just a radio glitch. Its a 2.4 Ghz system but they are not immune to interference.

Just glad I didn't get lopped.

K7SGJ
11-08-2011, 08:12 PM
I was planning to post:

Hello

the problem is probably
related to a failure in
violent sandstorm.

I have this sudden urge for tacos. Who knew.

WØTKX
11-08-2011, 08:22 PM
http://www.riptidefans.com/trio_mimi.jpg

n2ize
11-09-2011, 12:06 PM
I was planning to post:

Hello

the problem is probably
related to a failure in