PDA

View Full Version : No More Radio Shack

KG4CGC
11-03-2011, 05:27 PM
I payed a visit to my local Radio Shack in search of parts and to check up on their compliment of kits.
Well, without even given it chance, they are not bringing in any more kits and once the ones on the shelf are sold, that's it. Without even giving it a chance or even informing the public that they even had kits, the top (b)rass is pulling the plug and parts will be soon to follow.
You know, I figured they would slowly expand the kits available and into bigger lines of kits and possibly become a national distributor for MFJ. Instead, the are getting as far away from radio as they possibly can and the word ''radio'' from the name and will soon officially become "The Shack."
Late last June I was informed by the sales associate that RS was getting back to their roots, now, in a move that is sure to put them back where they were when they were trying to compete with Best Buy, less than 4 months after the last decision, they are going to a default plan of failure.
Take note RS executives, releasing kits in the Summer and not waiting to see what the Winter sales do AND not expanding the line to include kits adults would purchase for themselves is a very bad mistake and if you are listening to your marketing gurus, well, they're just not in touch with reality. People built kits in the FALL and WINTER to a much greater degree than they do in the Summer months when people tend to spend time ... OUTSIDE.
To be sure, I will check back at, The Shack one more time before declaring them a dead zone to the hobby and amateur community. To be sure, the decision to completely discontinue carrying amateur accessories is beyond failure in my opinion.

W7XF
11-03-2011, 06:32 PM
I've considered RatShack dead for many years. FWIW, Walmart has more 'parts' than any "Shack.

KG4CGC
11-03-2011, 06:36 PM
I've considered RatShack dead for many years. FWIW, Walmart has more 'parts' than any "Shack.Joke Mart or Tease Mart doesn't carry what I'm looking for either. You want decent speakers? All they have is plastic crap.

N2CHX
11-03-2011, 06:36 PM
Rat snack sucks. I've known that since I worked for them when I was 17. I thought my geek knowledge would come in really handy but in reality it was all about "sell sell sell." I still remember a training video that talked about selling shit to someone who just came in to get out of the rain.

WØTKX
11-03-2011, 06:40 PM
Yes, the Fort Wirth Castle Tower Salesmanship Videos. :vomit:

N2CHX
11-03-2011, 06:45 PM
Yes, the Fort Wirth Castle Tower Salesmanship Videos. :vomit:

Horrid, they were!

WØTKX
11-03-2011, 08:18 PM
Tho it was a long ago, I hope (and am rather certain) any shackling you've experienced since has been a hell of a lot more fun than being shackled to "The Shack". I still have nightmares, and wake up early on Sat mornings thinking I have to go to the store for sales torture training. There are no "safe words" to get out of that. :mrgreen:

KG4CGC
11-03-2011, 08:36 PM
I trust the sales associate as he was the one who told me of the last 'change' and accurately.
Displaced plant engineer.
No jobs for old men.

WØTKX
11-03-2011, 08:38 PM
Yea, it's why I was stuck there for a while.