PDA

View Full Version : My Secret is Out!

KA9MOT
11-03-2011, 01:37 AM
My secret is out.......I have been forcefully pulled from the closet......my family is shamed, most will probably disown me and I will be the laughing stock of my neighborhood.

I've hid it very well for years, although in an act of defiance I would occasionally yell it out on the CB. Anonymity and all. You know, wait until no one can see you use your mic, grab the Mic and say it........the other drivers would jeer.....and call me names........but that was ok because nobody knew who I was.........They just thought I was another weirdo....

I am tired of sneaking around to those websites........you know the ones.......you can go there and read what others like you have to say.....post your thoughts to those who were just like you.........and in complete anonymity.....all in secret...

I'm not flaming or anything like that.............You could see me in the truckstop and never know....think I was just like you and share a joke about people like me...I'd laugh right along with you.....you could not tell.

Well, I have been outted by somebody I trusted, so now I must stand up and take responsability for who I am and proudly proclaim..........

I HATE SPORTS!

Football, Baseball, basketball, Soccer, Rodeo...........I could care less. Womens volleyball if fun to watch but not for the game........I didn't even like Dale Earnhardt

kc7jty
11-03-2011, 03:00 AM
Right on brother!

PA5COR
11-03-2011, 03:33 AM
I neer watch sport either.
The only sport i actively participate in is sport shooting

kf0rt
11-03-2011, 06:40 AM
Right on brother!

Goes double here, though hate might be a strong word.
It's more like a high level of active apathy.

KC2UGV
11-03-2011, 06:58 AM
Neither do I.

Well, let me restate that. I don't watch pro-sports, short of hockey, and it's on it's last leg.

Pro-sports are a waste of resources, and are filled with people who think the world owes them something.

W3WN
11-03-2011, 07:32 AM
Ah, okay. That's nice.

W3MIV
11-03-2011, 07:33 AM
I heartily approve of your affliction and pray that it might infect the masses of lazy dolts who lounge around drinking bad beer and idling their time on that shallowest of human activities -- vicarious competition. It is made all the worse today by the high percentage of thugs and misanthropes that "professional" athletics seems to attract. Thoroughbred owners treat their horses with far more respect and loyalty than do professional team owners; indeed, pig farmers treat their stock with more decency than those team owners treat their players. And the worst aspect of all is that it has robbed so many Blacks of the potential to pursue far more honorable and socially responsible careers through the false lure of the sports mills -- exactly opposite of the myths that the establishment has put in place.

n2ize
11-03-2011, 09:54 AM
I like spots. Now, I will admit that I haven't been following spots very closely in the recent years. But I do like spots.

n2ize
11-03-2011, 09:57 AM
I heartily approve of your affliction and pray that it might infect the masses of lazy dolts who lounge around drinking bad beer and idling their time on that shallowest of human activities -- vicarious competition. It is made all the worse today by the high percentage of thugs and misanthropes that "professional" athletics seems to attract. Thoroughbred owners treat their horses with far more respect and loyalty than do professional team owners; indeed, pig farmers treat their stock with more decency than those team owners treat their players. And the worst aspect of all is that it has robbed so many Blacks of the potential to pursue far more honorable and socially responsible careers through the false lure of the sports mills -- exactly opposite of the myths that the establishment has put in place.

Whats wrong with competition ? I think competition & sports is a good thing. It builds confidence, strength and builds men. I remember sometime back in the late 60's or 70's they were pushing that non-competitive "sports" crap. A friend of mine thought it was a great idea .The idea was that you get kids to engage in activities that are non-competitive and are just done for fun. My response to the non-competitive sports is, do you want to build men or wimps. I prefer we build men.

W1GUH
11-03-2011, 10:01 AM
I like spots. Now, I will admit that I haven't been following spots very closely in the recent years. But I do like spots.

"Out Damned Spot!"

Shakespeare

K7SGJ
11-03-2011, 10:01 AM
I do like to listen to baseball. Probably cause I played it as a kid. And, I can watch one or two live hockey games each year, but that's about it. I used to like Australian dick wrestling and roller fucking, but you just don"hardly find them no more.

W3MIV
11-03-2011, 11:07 AM

You may survive to find a reason to change your opinion should you chance to meet a Jaguar -- not a Jag-you-are, which is an automobile, but the real mccoy, el tigre.

Whats wrong with competition ? I think competition & sports is a good thing. It builds confidence, strength and builds men. I remember sometime back in the late 60's or 70's they were pushing that non-competitive "sports" crap. A friend of mine thought it was a great idea .The idea was that you get kids to engage in activities that are non-competitive and are just done for fun. My response to the non-competitive sports is, do you want to build men or wimps. I prefer we build men.

None of you New Yorkers seem able to comprehend simple English. Look up with word "vicarious."

kc7jty
11-03-2011, 02:12 PM
This thread is rather spotty.

kb2vxa
11-03-2011, 02:22 PM
"It builds confidence, strength and builds men."
So do steroids, even when you start with women, just add testosterone.

"I prefer we build men."
So do I master. <hhheh> <hhheh> <hhheh> Now when do I get to release the kites?

KG4CGC
11-03-2011, 02:24 PM
Professional sports are useless without a wager riding on the outcome.
Whether said wager be money, or honor.

n2ize
11-03-2011, 03:05 PM
You may survive to find a reason to change your opinion should you chance to meet a Jaguar -- not a Jag-you-are, which is an automobile, but the real mccoy, el tigre.

None of you New Yorkers seem able to comprehend simple English. Look up with word "vicarious."

Sure I understand the word vicarious. It's like the thrill I experience at the track when I win on a horse. We all take chances in like, whether it be first hand or secondhand. I firmly believe all competition builds integrity and builds men.

KG4CGC
11-03-2011, 03:12 PM
I firmly believe all competition builds integrity and builds men.
You left out cut throat attitudes and unholy alliances.

kf0rt
11-03-2011, 04:12 PM
I firmly believe all competition builds integrity and builds men.

Into what?

W3MIV
11-03-2011, 04:19 PM
Into what?

Steroid abusers, druggies, thugs and rapists?

Or are those just today's role models?

ki4itv
11-03-2011, 04:30 PM
meh.
I'm not an "organized" sports type of guy either. Never was...
The XYL, on the other hand, is a veins in her teeth football team commander, with the knowledge to back it up.
She spends most games jumping up and down on the couch screaming obscenities and endangering the lives of those around her.
I won't worry until I see her scratch her balls.
Then I'll sleep on my back and complain of headaches regularly.

kf0rt
11-03-2011, 04:34 PM

I always wondered if that was a chicken / egg issue. Must be careful to differentiate the symptoms from the disease, after all. And to be fair, many sports stars don't behave as thugs, though their propensity as a demographic sure seems to exceed the standard by a wide margin.

Maybe a parallel -- Sports, like politics: the more money you pump in, the uglier it gets.

NQ6U
11-03-2011, 04:35 PM
The only professional sport that interests me is baseball, and that interest came relatively late in life after playing in a summer softball league. Our team finished with a perfect record—0-12—and from that I gained a real appreciation for what the guys in the Big Leagues make look so easy.

kf0rt
11-03-2011, 04:41 PM
meh.
The XYL, on the other hand, is a veins in her teeth football team commander, with the knowledge to back it up.
She spends most games jumping up and down on the couch screaming obscenities and endangering the lives of those around her.

'Bout the same here. XYL is a Broncos fan; would like to catch all their games, but doesn't complain much if she doesn't. My theory is that she just likes the male-on-male pr0n. (Take THAT, football fans!) I'll try to find her a nice new Broncos sweatshirt for Christmas this year. It's the very least I can do.

n2ize
11-03-2011, 05:45 PM
Into what?

Into individuals who are confident, physically and emotionally strong and of robust character and strength,.

n2ize
11-03-2011, 05:46 PM

They represent only a small percentage of those into sports. Again, what do we want to build ? Men or wimps ? I say men.

n2ize
11-03-2011, 05:48 PM
meh.

Sounds like she is a lot tougher than most "men" these days/

WØTKX
11-03-2011, 06:05 PM
Hello,

Real football is pronounced futbol.

This can start arguments in bars, or at work.

Works as well as a fake turban with steroid abusers. :yes:

N2CHX
11-03-2011, 06:10 PM
Actually I think your "affliction" is a lot more common than you think.

N7YA
11-03-2011, 06:20 PM
I love hockey. Dont care one bit for any of the others, but they are ok by me.

However....

I am not kidding when i say i avoid the typical sports fan like the plague! That is the main element of sports i really cant stand, not the sport itself. Its cool to see skilled people challenge themselves against competition and pull through or fail, its fun to follow their progress through a long season too. I will never paint my body, get drunk and scream at a tv screen, then go out looking for someone in an opposing jersey for the sole purpose of getting in a fight. If it werent for the fans, i would be more open about liking sports. My wife and i meet for our lunch break at work in the sports book (its the only place were allowed), and we can barely talk over the screaming drunks pounding on the tables and yelling "YEAH BABY!! WOOOOOO!!!! GO BABY! GO BABY! GOOOOO!!"....at a bunch of men in tights on tv. Men who are complete strangers to them, in a completely different city, making millions and who have no real problem with one another outside of the competition of the moment. Basically, doing their job. Really makes these dolts look like sexless fools (although we enjoy making fun of them quietly to eachother :lol:).

That is what i dont like about sports...aside from that, no problem. :)

kf0rt
11-03-2011, 11:48 PM
They represent only a small percentage of those into sports. Again, what do we want to build ? Men or wimps ? I say men.

Gimme a jar of peanut butter: I can get a dog to lick my balls.

Tell me how pro sports improves my life. Dead serious: I'm okay if this is your pleasure, but I remain unconvinced that it has any positive effect on society. What it seems to build is rich folks who don't produce anything at all.

Fuckers throw balls and make millions.

Justify that. I cannot.

W2NAP
11-04-2011, 12:26 AM
I love hockey. Dont care one bit for any of the others, but they are ok by me.

\

i like hockey just for the fights

N7YA
11-04-2011, 04:15 AM
Stands to reason, i like racing just for the wrecks. :lol:

suddenseer
11-04-2011, 06:17 AM
I love many sports. Albi hinted at the symptoms of sports obession. I would take the definition a bit further. When any sport has more observers than participants, I would call it 'participation by proxy'. Having rabid sports fans connects this generation to our ancestors. On the flip side, those ancestors from every great civiliized nation obsessed with sports allowed their state to collapse from within. Perhaps our state will soon collapse from within.

My favorite sport is college rasselin. Men in tights, oh yea.:dance:

n2ize
11-04-2011, 01:11 PM
Gimme a jar of peanut butter: I can get a dog to lick my balls.

Tell me how pro sports improves my life. Dead serious: I'm okay if this is your pleasure, but I remain unconvinced that it has any positive effect on society. What it seems to build is rich folks who don't produce anything at all.

Fuckers throw balls and make millions.

Justify that. I cannot.

Because pro-sports is inspirational. Particularly to young people. It encourages them to engage in competition, to enhance their strength, enduance, and their sense of sportsmanship, and to try hard to become the best they can be. Sports can reach people in ways that many other things can't. For example, in high school a coach was much more than just a coach. He was an advisor, someone that kids could look up to for advice, and not just advice about how to be a good football player, but advice on academics college, jobs, family issues, health issues and so much more. The thing that draws young people to take up sports is the prevalence of pro-sports. Young people want to emulate their hero's out on the field, they want to strive to be the best. Pro-sports gives an incentive to young people. It is also a great form of entertainment and a pastime that can be enjoyed among individuals, families, friends, co-workers, etc. Think of how many kids have fond memories of that first baseball or football game they went to with their dads. How many of those kids went on to take up an interesting sports in school or with their friends. Not to mention sports and athletics is an important part of good health. Plus, I am a firm believed in the concept that competition is good, not only does sportsmanlike competition teach us how to survive and get ahead in the world but it also helps to establish individual integrity, honesty, fairness, balance, self worth, and a sense of the importance of being honest with yourself.

To sum up all the gibberish above I feel that both sports and pro-sports and competition are a pretty good deal and an important part of developing good character and success.

As far as pro-sports pay goes well, pro sports figures spend a lot of time training and preparing themselves for each season. It takes a considerable sacrifice on the part of each pro sportsman. Not to mention the constant travel, being on the road for months at a time, injuries, etc. I would say the high pay that many sports figures get is well earned.

WØTKX
11-04-2011, 01:18 PM
I loved baseball as a kid, but I was only an average player physically.
Good at paying attention to weird events, stealing bases was fun.

Best sport for me is snow skiing, you can enjoy the hell out of it without having to beat anybody else at anything. Competition is not required to participate. I like Frisbee a lot too. Dayum ski'n hippie.

KC2UGV
11-04-2011, 10:26 PM
Because pro-sports is inspirational. Particularly to young people. It encourages them to engage in competition, to enhance their strength, enduance, and their sense of sportsmanship, and to try hard to become the best they can be. Sports can reach people in ways that many other things can't. For example, in high school a coach was much more than just a coach. He was an advisor, someone that kids could look up to for advice, and not just advice about how to be a good football player, but advice on academics college, jobs, family issues, health issues and so much more. The thing that draws young people to take up sports is the prevalence of pro-sports. Young people want to emulate their hero's out on the field, they want to strive to be the best. Pro-sports gives an incentive to young people. It is also a great form of entertainment and a pastime that can be enjoyed among individuals, families, friends, co-workers, etc. Think of how many kids have fond memories of that first baseball or football game they went to with their dads. How many of those kids went on to take up an interesting sports in school or with their friends. Not to mention sports and athletics is an important part of good health. Plus, I am a firm believed in the concept that competition is good, not only does sportsmanlike competition teach us how to survive and get ahead in the world but it also helps to establish individual integrity, honesty, fairness, balance, self worth, and a sense of the importance of being honest with yourself.

Yeah, I guess all that is true if you ignore grade padding, steroid use encouraged by coaches, the violent attitude of faculty in sports programs, and the general all around screwing a kid's future by only preparing them to play a sport they will most likely never get paid for...

To sum up all the gibberish above I feel that both sports and pro-sports and competition are a pretty good deal and an important part of developing good character and success.

As far as pro-sports pay goes well, pro sports figures spend a lot of time training and preparing themselves for each season. It takes a considerable sacrifice on the part of each pro sportsman. Not to mention the constant travel, being on the road for months at a time, injuries, etc. I would say the high pay that many sports figures get is well earned.

And, I'm sure being a roofer is much more demanding than playing a game for 2 hours a week.

n2ize
11-05-2011, 10:32 AM
Yeah, I guess all that is true if you ignore grade padding, steroid use encouraged by coaches, the violent attitude of faculty in sports programs, and the general all around screwing a kid's future by only preparing them to play a sport they will most likely never get paid for...

That's what the former top winning High School football coach (from HS days) says he didn't like about a lot of those sports scholarship programs. And believe me, this guy loved football. he didn't like the idea that they get some guys hopes up, encourage him to enroll in some useless "mickey mouse" academic program so he can focus only on sports and in the end he doesn't make it and has nothing to fall back on. As he always said, some guys will make it to the pro's and many many more won't. He also said that no kid should be forced to play football or any sport for that matter. The desire to participate should come from within the person himself (or herself).

And, I'm sure being a roofer is much more demanding than playing a game for 2 hours a week.

And if you are a roofer you should strive to be the best you can be. Just as if you were a pro football player. Both can be grueling. You play for two hours once a week and you take one hell of a beating. You haul tar and shingles up and down a ladder all day and that is quite a beating. Bear in mind I never said pro-sports was perfect. Sure there are things in sports that are not good. But overall I still feel that pro sports serve as an incentive to arouse interest and encourage sports participation and encourage a healthy sense of competition.. Can things be done better ? Most certainly.

KC2UGV
11-07-2011, 08:26 AM
That's what the former top winning High School football coach (from HS days) says he didn't like about a lot of those sports scholarship programs. And believe me, this guy loved football. he didn't like the idea that they get some guys hopes up, encourage him to enroll in some useless "mickey mouse" academic program so he can focus only on sports and in the end he doesn't make it and has nothing to fall back on. As he always said, some guys will make it to the pro's and many many more won't. He also said that no kid should be forced to play football or any sport for that matter. The desire to participate should come from within the person himself (or herself).

But alas, every single thing that one coach says is bad about sports are things he does and encourages on a daily basis.

Kid doesn't want to play? "Man up, and take one for the team!"

Kid is failing? No worries,"Come on Mr English Teacher, just give him a C, so he can play this weekend..."

Kid enrolling in a Mickey Mouse academic program, so he can devote 100% of his/her time to the game? No worries,"If you work at it son, you'll make pro!"

Kid injures his knee during a play? No worries! "Come on Doc, just one shot in the knee, so he can make it through this game. We'll get him to an orthopedist afterwards..."

Kid grows up, doesn't make pro, has his/her own kids, and the cycle continues.

If that coach really believed what he was saying, he wouldn't be coaching.

And if you are a roofer you should strive to be the best you can be. Just as if you were a pro football player. Both can be grueling. You play for two hours once a week and you take one hell of a beating. You haul tar and shingles up and down a ladder all day and that is quite a beating. Bear in mind I never said pro-sports was perfect. Sure there are things in sports that are not good. But overall I still feel that pro sports serve as an incentive to arouse interest and encourage sports participation and encourage a healthy sense of competition.. Can things be done better ? Most certainly.

But roofers get sneered at, while pro-ballers get sympathy for taking in only $16 million per year...

Pro sports does nothing but contribute to the system in school's sports programs. A school's sports program should be a part of education, not the whole; as it is today.

suddenseer
11-07-2011, 12:05 PM
Running was a solo competition for me, as I was competing against myself. I have run in many local 5K, 10K, and finished 2 marathons. I always finished in the last 25% There are professional runners, who walk away from the competition with money. The 98% who don't finish in the front do it for the challenge. I did it to prove to myself that one can do anything they set their mind to do. That is the sum of my adult sports competition. I played football, and baseball in school as a kid. I look back with no regret, it was fun to knock other people to the ground.

ka4dpo
11-09-2011, 10:01 PM
My secret is out.......I have been forcefully pulled from the closet......my family is shamed, most will probably disown me and I will be the laughing stock of my neighborhood.

I've hid it very well for years, although in an act of defiance I would occasionally yell it out on the CB. Anonymity and all. You know, wait until no one can see you use your mic, grab the Mic and say it........the other drivers would jeer.....and call me names........but that was ok because nobody knew who I was.........They just thought I was another weirdo....

I am tired of sneaking around to those websites........you know the ones.......you can go there and read what others like you have to say.....post your thoughts to those who were just like you.........and in complete anonymity.....all in secret...

I'm not flaming or anything like that.............You could see me in the truckstop and never know....think I was just like you and share a joke about people like me...I'd laugh right along with you.....you could not tell.

Well, I have been outted by somebody I trusted, so now I must stand up and take responsability for who I am and proudly proclaim..........

I HATE SPORTS!

Football, Baseball, basketball, Soccer, Rodeo...........I could care less. Womens volleyball if fun to watch but not for the game........I didn't even like Dale Earnhardt

What a relief. For a minute there I thought you were going to say you went to Clemson.