PDA

View Full Version : Store refused to sell Grandma whisky.

HUGH
11-02-2011, 03:45 PM
http://www.metro.co.uk/news/880412-great-gran-92-refused-whisky-purchase-because-she-had-no-id

KG4CGC
11-02-2011, 03:58 PM
Damn Zealous Nazi Bastards.

NA4BH
11-02-2011, 04:45 PM
Flamboyant booze selling twit

K7SGJ
11-02-2011, 06:04 PM
Go Granny, Go Granny, Go Granny Go! (Beach Boys)

NQ6U
11-02-2011, 06:42 PM
Go Granny, Go Granny, Go Granny Go! (Beach Boys)

Nope—it was Jan and Dean in Little Old Lady From Pasadena.

K7SGJ
11-02-2011, 07:26 PM

OhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTT T

You are so right.

blush blush

kb2vxa
11-02-2011, 07:57 PM
FYI Beach Boys is also correct, Jan and Dean in 1964 and on the Beach Boys Concert album also in 1964. The album includes several songs that The Beach Boys regularly performed live but had not previously included on an album.

And everybody's sayin' that she's drunk as a sailor
The little old lady known as Diane Taylor
She drinks real hard and she drinks to excess
She's the terror of Harlow Essex

Do I look 18 to you? Aaaawwww, thank you but I'm just well preserved... eeehhh... pickled.

K7SGJ
11-02-2011, 08:12 PM
FYI Beach Boys is also correct, Jan and Dean in 1964 and on the Beach Boys Concert album also in 1964. The album includes several songs that The Beach Boys regularly performed live but had not previously included on an album.

And everybody's sayin' that she's drunk as a sailor
The little old lady known as Diane Taylor
She drinks real hard and she drinks to excess
She's the terror of Harlow Essex

Do I look 18 to you? Aaaawwww, thank you but I'm just well preserved... eeehhh... pickled.

Yeah, yeah, that's it. BB concert album, yeah , that's the ticket. Yeah .

I had no fuckin idea.

n2ize
11-03-2011, 04:35 AM
I don't know. Judging from her picture she looks like she might be well under 18.

WØTKX
11-04-2011, 04:34 PM
Well, she finds you to be a real cutie John, you should hook up.
She might even leave her librarian glasses on.

kc7jty
11-04-2011, 06:30 PM
eat it John.

KC2UGV
11-04-2011, 10:03 PM
Well, if old people want to be treated just like younger people... I mean, we can't revoke a person's license because "Well, the definitely look old!"

n2ize
11-05-2011, 10:47 AM
Well, she finds you to be a real cutie John, you should hook up.
She might even leave her librarian glasses on.

You kidding. I can't hook up with a minor. That would be plain wrong..

W1GUH
11-07-2011, 09:20 AM

According to an umimpeachable source, e.g., someone I met from SoCal in '64, there really WAS a "Little Old Lady form Pasedena."

NQ6U
11-07-2011, 10:13 AM
According to an umimpeachable source, e.g., someone I met from SoCal in '64, there really WAS a "Little Old Lady form Pasedena."

Yeah, and I think it was my XYL—she's from there and she has a lead foot. I'm a former wannabe Boy Racer and am always telling her to slow down.

W3WN
11-07-2011, 03:00 PM
http://www.metro.co.uk/news/880412-great-gran-92-refused-whisky-purchase-because-she-had-no-idDamn Zealous Nazi Bastards.Years ago, there used to be a very special race up at Penn State during Greek Week. It was called the Phi Psi 500... it was a race that included stops at 6 bars between the start & finish lines, at you had to chug a drink at each bar (your choice, beer or Coke. You can guess what most people picked). The race as I knew it is long gone, but never mind that...

The Penn State ARC was often asked to provide communications between start/finish and the bars. Yes, there were problems with drunks, and the crowd, and so forth. Anyway, this one year, I'm stationed in a dive of a bar called the Rathskelller. The bouncers were carding everyone who walked in, and yes, the Pa LCB had agents present, so they dared not screw around. And this I witnessed:

Some wise-ass alumni, with his spouse or SO, clearly in his late 40's or early 50's, wise cracks to one of the bouncers "you don't have to card me, not with all this grey hair, hah hah." [Remember: this is IN FRONT of a state liquor control board officer, who could fine the bar on the spot... or shut them down.] Bouncer politely but firmly says "I'm sorry sir, today we are carding everyone, no exceptions, as per state regulations. ID please?"

The wise ass didn't have his wallet. He wasn't allowed in. (His companion was... with a big smirk on her face)

Last I saw of him, he was outside, talking emphatically with the bouncer... and a State College cop... who was reading him the riot act for being a smart ass.

So yes, I can believe that Grannie didn't get her booze if she didn't have ID on her.

n2ize
11-12-2011, 11:10 AM
Years ago, there used to be a very special race up at Penn State during Greek Week. It was called the Phi Psi 500... it was a race that included stops at 6 bars between the start & finish lines, at you had to chug a drink at each bar (your choice, beer or Coke. You can guess what most people picked). The race as I knew it is long gone, but never mind that...

The Penn State ARC was often asked to provide communications between start/finish and the bars. Yes, there were problems with drunks, and the crowd, and so forth. Anyway, this one year, I'm stationed in a dive of a bar called the Rathskelller. The bouncers were carding everyone who walked in, and yes, the Pa LCB had agents present, so they dared not screw around. And this I witnessed:

Some wise-ass alumni, with his spouse or SO, clearly in his late 40's or early 50's, wise cracks to one of the bouncers "you don't have to card me, not with all this grey hair, hah hah." [Remember: this is IN FRONT of a state liquor control board officer, who could fine the bar on the spot... or shut them down.] Bouncer politely but firmly says "I'm sorry sir, today we are carding everyone, no exceptions, as per state regulations. ID please?"

The wise ass didn't have his wallet. He wasn't allowed in. (His companion was... with a big smirk on her face)

Last I saw of him, he was outside, talking emphatically with the bouncer... and a State College cop... who was reading him the riot act for being a smart ass.

So yes, I can believe that Grannie didn't get her booze if she didn't have ID on her.

Technically they are supposed to check the ID of everyone who tries to buy the narcotic. Matter of fact, some lawmakers in some states want liquor store and bar owners to record the id of everyone who buys any quantity of the drug regardless of its substrate.

KG4CGC
11-12-2011, 11:16 AM
Flamboyant booze selling twit
Geezerless limp twattled flamer spittle

kf0rt
11-12-2011, 11:42 AM

You made that up.

K7SGJ
11-12-2011, 11:46 AM
It's in the bartenders guide to diplomacy.

NA4BH
11-12-2011, 08:06 PM

Left handed floor joist slinging nimrod slug

KG4CGC
11-12-2011, 10:13 PM
pus engorged trowel toothed crotch pheasant

ka4dpo
11-20-2011, 07:57 PM
You kidding. I can't hook up with a minor. That would be plain wrong..

It could aslo be a heap of fun and as long as you go to Penn State? Who knows.....

rot
11-21-2011, 05:30 AM
You made that up.

First misread it as "limped twatted" which would be the gender equal to "limped dicked" so a chuckle was had. Upon futher research urban dictionary claims twatted is very drunk and other reference to twatted as the past tense of tweeting.

Then I actually confimed "twattled" as written on second/third pass and a chuckle was had again.

Senior moments/General retardness is turning out to be a growth sector here.

rot

K7SGJ
11-22-2011, 09:56 PM
First misread it as "limped twatted" which would be the gender equal to "limped dicked" so a chuckle was had. Upon futher research urban dictionary claims twatted is very drunk and other reference to twatted as the past tense of tweeting.

Then I actually confimed "twattled" as written on second/third pass and a chuckle was had again.

rot

Caused by being too close to the fire when the retardant is dropped?

kf0rt
11-23-2011, 10:31 AM

Remember when you were a kid and knew it all?

kb2vxa
11-23-2011, 08:12 PM
No, I forgot.

K7SGJ
11-23-2011, 08:32 PM
Remember when you were a kid and knew it all?

Ya, but now my kids know it all.