PDA

View Full Version : Know anything about Image Expert?

W1GUH
11-01-2011, 11:25 AM
Specifically, is there a version that works with Vista?

While it's processing is certainly no match for PS or even PSP, it's a very convenient way to view and organize images. IMHO, their GUI is the best done of all of 'em.

But, (where's my damitol?) it looks like it's no longer available. Couldn't find it on the web, but learned that it's now called JASC "First Shot" or something like that. I downloaded a trial version, but wouldn't you know it -- that was a version that doesn't work. Grrrrrrrrr.

So...who know where I CAN get a working version, or, alternately, an image viewing/organizing program that does it as well?

Or....do I stick with Windows Image Gallery?

Thanks.

kf0rt
11-01-2011, 11:47 AM
For organizing, I've just used Windows directory trees for eons (and whatever Windows has for a viewer).

Recently switched to Lightroom 3 for all just about everything -- love it, but it's a little pricey. It'll do most of your editing too, though.

W1GUH
11-01-2011, 12:07 PM
Probably have to stick with Windows stuff. Sigh. Image Expert had really good "slide-sorting" facilities with very well done windows for dragging and dropping. Also had a slide-show facility built-in with convenient controls for slide dwell time. And it was quick to load (no Java?) and run. Can't say the same for any of the image programs I've used.

But...lamentations...can't get it now.