PDA

View Full Version : I've become a daily consumer of plain yogurt with agave nectar then...

kc7jty
10-31-2011, 11:55 PM
this pops up:
http://www.fitday.com/fitness-articles/nutrition/healthy-eating/5-health-risks-of-madhava-agave-nectar.html

WX7P
11-01-2011, 01:06 AM
It's good for the digestion, Bill.

kc7jty
11-01-2011, 02:18 AM
Seems odd they single out "Madhava" brand and don't just say agave nectar.

Looks like the way it's processed is what matters:

http://www.globalhealingcenter.com/natural-health/is-agave-nectar-safe/

http://honestnutrition.blogspot.com/2010/04/agave-nectar-dangers-facts-and-myths.html

W1GUH
11-01-2011, 07:28 AM
They talking about the same fructose that's in (yuck) High Fructose Corn Syrup?

KG4CGC
11-01-2011, 07:53 AM
Oh but haven't you heard the dreck they're repeating over and over and over on TV and AM Talk Radio?
"Sugar is sugar. You're body can't tell the difference."

K7SGJ
11-01-2011, 08:22 AM
The same thing is done with coffee, wine, and other foods. This week it's bad for you, the next week it's good for what ails you, the next week it will kill you, the next week it will make you immortal....................

If it makes you feel better to consume something you feel is good for YOU, do it and fusk all the media hype.

The bottom line is that people have been consuming all these things for years and they all die, eventually.

kb2vxa
11-01-2011, 10:17 AM
Mexican propaganda, Mexican logic. Kill the agave nectar market and there is more for the tequila market. Now which would you rather have, a rotten pancreas or a rotten liver? Yyyaaash, aaaahhh know it isn't ggggooood fer me buuut it shshshshuuuurrrr make me fffeeel better! <bbbrrraaap>

W1GUH
11-01-2011, 11:31 AM
Mexican propaganda, Mexican logic. Kill the agave nectar market and there is more for the tequila market. Now which would you rather have, a rotten pancreas or a rotten liver? Yyyaaash, aaaahhh know it isn't ggggooood fer me buuut it shshshshuuuurrrr make me fffeeel better! <bbbrrraaap>

Yea, and Patron can make even more tequila that tastes like Paul Mitchell hair products. :sick:

Seriously, there are many tequilas that are much better than Patron...Herradura is one, and there's probably many more.

Whenever I do a shot of Patron, I always have to choke back the urge to :vomit:

One more case of marketing trumping quality.

kc7jty
11-01-2011, 12:57 PM
Why would you drink something you don't like?

KG4CGC
11-01-2011, 01:07 PM
Patron was very good stuff for a while after the marketing. I imagine some bad decisions were made and the recipe may have been changed to create a larger profit margin. Seen this happen in the past. Bigwigs think they're so smart and that everyone else is an idiot (there's a common theme) and that no one will notice.
The bottle and the gift packs are still pretty though.

W1GUH
11-01-2011, 02:37 PM
Why would you drink something you don't like?

I don't anymore since I had the good fortune of tasting Herradura.

kc7jty
11-02-2011, 12:24 AM
My fav is oro aņejo but it's expensive.

W3WN
11-07-2011, 12:33 PM
Oh but haven't you heard the dreck they're repeating over and over and over on TV and AM Talk Radio?
"Sugar is sugar. You're body can't tell the difference."That's part of the Corn producers to con people into continuing to use High Fructose Corn Syrup, as is the rebranding of HFCS as "corn sugar." Fructose and sucrose are both sugars, but you body can tell the difference, even if your taste buds only register that both are sweet.

Feh.

Now, as someone who loved yogurt on occasion but must now avoid HFCS and/or cane sugar in large quantities whenever possible... is there any yogurt out there today that I can eat... and more importantly, like? Some of the plain stuff is, well, *ugh* but there's way too much fructose/sucrose in the various flavors.